Another wet Midwest spring

Northeast MN had a freeze last night. Late planting in Duluth.
Fishing sucks, water too cold, everything blooming late.

This global warming crap is a yuge dissapointment.

This does not bode well for the tomatoes.

Bought a new chair for the balcony off the Master Bedroom 2 weeks ago, so I could sit in the sun and read.

I've been able to sit outside for 2 days during that time.

This does not bode well for the tomatoes.

Bought a new chair for the balcony off the Master Bedroom 2 weeks ago, so I could sit in the sun and read.

I've been able to sit outside for 2 days during that time.
May had 21 days of measurable precipitation.
June ain't looking much better.

tenor.gif

60 sounds pretty good to me. It's going to be 107 in Arizona today. But before this hot spell, it has been really cool all Spring. We had snow in March which almost never happens.

I got the back porch set up right around Memorial Day and I’ve only been able to enjoy it three times.

In MN we get 5 perfect days a year, without wind, rain, snow, overbearing heat and humidity, and freaking bugs that will carry you into the trees.

Today just might be day 1.
Really nice out.
:113:

July in Eastern Oklahoma usually means trimming back dead/dying plants and getting things ready for the fall season.... Yet here I am with rain split tomatoes, more jalepenos than I know what to do with, squash plants that haven't gotten to full size yet and green beans out the wazoo. As long as I keep the damn rabbits off of them.... I've apparently got holes in my fence and the rabbits have made short work of many of the bean plants, beets and carrots.... Won't touch the damned mustard greens though.... Nope... Little bastards.

Wet
We Were 7" Over For The Year By Late June
Cooler Temps Over The Summer Too
Barely Went Three Days Without Rain Until Late Aug.
Our Garden Went To Town

I Have A Couple Pounds Of Green Tomatoes
They're Wrapped In A Brown Paper Bag
Should Finish Ripening In A Few Weeks

Forum List

Back