Another That 'Gets It'

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/mai...AVCBQUIV0?xml=/news/2007/02/03/nradical03.xml

Sleepwalking with the enemy

By Ruth Dudley Edwards
Last Updated: 8:08am GMT 03/02/2007

The conviction this week of a Muslim radical for inciting racial hatred once again highlights the growing threat posed by the pernicious fringe of Islamism. We have only ourselves to blame, says Ruth Dudley Edwards

'UK you will pay, Islam is on its way," is the chilling slogan favoured by Muslim radical Abdul Saleem, who was convicted this week of stirring up racial hatred at a rally in London last year. Addressing the crowd in Belgravia Square, near the Spanish and German embassies, Saleem was filmed saying: "There will come a time when we will stand inside these embassies. There will come a time when we will remove that flag. There will come a time when we will raise the flag of Islam – whether you like it or not, Islam is superior and cannot be surpassed."

His defence should have pointed out that he was merely stating the obvious. He and his kind believe that through intimidation, conversion and out-breeding, the United Kingdom – and the world over – can be brought under Sharia law.

I take Islam – a religion which, at its best, greatly improves the lives of its adherents – and Islamism – its pernicious fringe – very seriously. The Qur'an is beside my bed, along with Bruce Lawrence's The Qur'an: A Biography; I've just finished Karen Armstrong's hagiographical Muhammad and its antithesis, Robert Spencer's The Truth About Muhammad; I try vainly to persuade visitors to watch my DVD of Obsession: Radical Islam's War Against the West; Michael Gove should pay me commission for having persuaded so many people to buy his Celsius 7/7; I've just ordered Nick Cohen's What's Left?: How Liberals Lost Their Way to join the pile of Islam-related books on my to-read pile, which I have little time to address because, in addition to working for a living, I spend at least two or three hours a day reading about Islamic matters or talking to similarly obsessed friends and colleagues at speeches and seminars.

There is much in my personal and working life that, early on, put me in the camp of those who believe Islamism is a totalitarian threat that could destroy our civilisation within a few decades with the help of the West-loathing Left, the wimpish Right, the political and diplomatic wishful thinkers, the massed ranks of risk-averse politically correct bien-pensants and the cowards who want to avoid confrontation at all costs – not to speak of the innumerable peaceable British Muslims who allow bullies and bigots to represent them in the media and who buy into the comfort blanket of victimhood...

The DNC, of course. They're having one of their whinefests - I mean, winter meetings - and since all liberals are just SO tolerant and multi-culturally aware, they invited an iman to lead them all in this "prayer":

We thank you god, to bless us among your creations. We thank you, god, to make us a great nation. We thank you, god toss send us your messages through our father Abraham, and Jesus and Mohammed, through you, god, we unite, so guide us to the right spot we wish for peace, equality and help us to stop the war and violence, and oppression and occupation.

http://hotair.com/archives/2007/02/...top-oppression-and-occupation-at-dnc-meeting/

Wow, a real-live Hezbollah iman! That documentary you spoke of is supposed to come on FAUX News several times this weekend, but keep in mind that there IS such a thing as a "moderate" Muslim somewhere, somewhere, somewhere.

The DNC, of course. They're having one of their whinefests - I mean, winter meetings - and since all liberals are just SO tolerant and multi-culturally aware, they invited an iman to lead them all in this "prayer":

http://hotair.com/archives/2007/02/...top-oppression-and-occupation-at-dnc-meeting/

Wow, a real-live Hezbollah iman! That documentary you spoke of is supposed to come on FAUX News several times this weekend, but keep in mind that there IS such a thing as a "moderate" Muslim somewhere, somewhere, somewhere.

Right, think the good thought.

Somewhere, somewhere..........................:rofl: :cool:

Imagine for a moment..allow yourself to think the unthinkable
that muslim extremist where not responsible for 911,,,how would that change your opinion ?
Or imagine that you could consider that they were. :cool:

Sadly the overwhelming evidence suggest otherwise and as a result hundreds of thousands have been killed or wounded

No eots, the evidence does not suggest or even hint at any such thing.

another that 'gets it':

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/comment/story/0,,2005511,00.html

Tolerating intolerance is still this country's besetting sin

If the majority of Muslims truly want to integrate, they could start by kicking out the preachers of hatred from their mosques
Henry Porter
Sunday February 4, 2007

Observer
Imagine the Archbishop of Canterbury or any senior Anglican clergyman giving a sermon which suggested that homosexual men should be thrown off a mountain; that they were no better than filthy dogs. Imagine another priest rising in another church to preach that children should be hit for not praying, that women were deficient, should walk behind men and only go out with their man's permission. Consider what the reaction would be if a third joined in by saying all Jews were born liars.

The media would be trembling with indignation for weeks. Questions would be asked in the House and the archbishop called to account for the state of his church. There would be demonstrations, commissions of inquiry and Baron St John of Fawsley would be summoned from retirement.

But when these statements are made in British mosques and recorded by a secret camera for a Channel 4 Dispatches programme, it seems nobody takes much notice. This might have been because Undercover Mosque was broadcast three weeks ago, as the nation was obsessed with Jade Goody's behaviour on Big Brother. While Goody has the power to cause an international incident, it seems that weekly attacks on women, gays and Jews raise little interest.

I suspect the lack of outrage has a lot to do with the degree of separate development that has taken place in Britain while so many of us were living the multiculturalist dream. Whatever Muslims say, the standards that most British institutions live by simply do not apply to the missionaries of Saudi fundamentalism who, as demonstrated beyond doubt by this documentary, are attempting to poison relations between Muslims, Christians and Jews in Britain and to establish what amounts to a separate community under Sharia law.

It's important to understand that while this was not a portrait of the whole Muslim Britain, it represents a significant part which cannot be ignored. The Green Lane mosque in Birmingham, where much of the programme was filmed, has the equivalent status of a cathedral and it was here that the clerics felt able to speak in this truly shocking way. Given the events last week, it's worth remembering that one cleric in the film suggested that it would be no tragedy if a Muslim soldier serving for the British armed forces in Afghanistan was beheaded.

Actually, the impact of this film did not come from any direct revelations about terrorism, but simply from the loathing and violence of the language used by these preachers about the 'kuffar' or infidel: i.e. the rest of British society. With the exception of the BNP, there is no grouping, community or party in these islands that permits itself to express such hatred. This hatred, so often accompanied by acute sense of persecution, has become a dangerous habit and a very great threat to our entire society....

Imagine for a moment..allow yourself to think the unthinkable
that muslim extremist where not responsible for 911,,,how would that change your opinion ?

Wouldn't change it at all.

All 9/11 did is wake up the world to the threat. The threat wouldn't be any less real even if we accepted your claim that 9/11 was an inside job. Unless you are trying to claim that all terrorist attacks against us and our allies are just inside jobs. If you are, then you are seriously nuts.

Eots, you must stop derailing threads. Yes, I recognize that sometimes we do play with the trolls, but you are disrupting the flow. You've been warned. I gave you your own thread-no deletions. However, you are one infraction away from a ban-knock. it. off.

Forum List

Back