Another School Shooting

CrimsonWhite

*****istrator Emeritus
Mar 13, 2006
Guntucky
Thank God no one was hurt.

Student Fires Gun in Missouri Middle School, No Injuries Reported

JOPLIN, Mo. — A 13-year-old student wearing a mask and a long, black trenchcoat fired an AK-47 into the ceiling at his school Monday morning after confronting a pair of students and administrators, telling them "please don't make me do this," officials said.

No one was injured, and the boy, who police said was following a well-thought out plan, was taken into custody.

The seventh-grader pointed the gun at the two students, Principal Steve Gilbreth and Assistant Superintendent Steve Doerr, telling them "not to make me do this," said Superintendent Jim Simpson.

He then fired the shot into the ceiling, breaking a water pipe, and said again "Please don't make me do this," Simpson said.

Doerr and Gilbreth persuaded the youth to leave the building, and he was confronted by two police officers who had their weapons drawn. The student dropped the rifle and was taken into custody, Simpson said.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,218878,00.html

okay what the heck is going on??! this is like the 5th or 6th this month alone!

Exactly, Nuc. Monkey See, Monkey Do. They keep playing these killings over and over and these kids see how famous the shooters get. So they get this idea that "They'll remember me if i do that."

Stop covering this shit like its the super bowl.

On a side note, where are kids getting AK's? They sure aint sold at your local gun shop. Either:

a) Parents need to teach their kids about the dangers of guns and the importance on why NOT to use them against people at a young age. Parents also need to be held accountable for improper storage of their weapons from these kids or at least negligence from realizing your kid might be a time bomb and that your gun is missing from its case.

b) Theres a bigger black market for guns in this country then originally thought. There's so many gun restriction laws that none of these weapons like AK's and such can be bought at the store. They need to make the laws less restrictive and allow a larger array of guns to be sold in stores so they can track these guns to their owners.

Exactly, Nuc. Monkey See, Monkey Do. They keep playing these killings over and over and these kids see how famous the shooters get. So they get this idea that "They'll remember me if i do that."

Stop covering this shit like its the super bowl.

On a side note, where are kids getting AK's? They sure aint sold at your local gun shop. Either:

a) Parents need to teach their kids about the dangers of guns and the importance on why NOT to use them against people at a young age. Parents also need to be held accountable for improper storage of their weapons from these kids or at least negligence from realizing your kid might be a time bomb and that your gun is missing from its case.

b) Theres a bigger black market for guns in this country then originally thought. There's so many gun restriction laws that none of these weapons like AK's and such can be bought at the store. They need to make the laws less restrictive and allow a larger array of guns to be sold in stores so they can track these guns to their owners.

Bullshit.

School shootings are the direct result of the institution of social workers into public schools. Before then, kids were understood to be different from each other, and the idea that they all had to conform to some Stepford standard was a totally foreign one. Teachers were the Powers That Be, and if you didn't respect the teacher, and follow the rules, you payed the price. You were sent to the office. That was the worst thing that could possibly happen to you. Aside from calling your parents. THAT was really the worst thing, and you had to be a really bad kid for that to happen.

Today? Teachers don't even bother to get to know their students. At the first sign of non-conformity, which can be as small as a look, they get sent to the social worker. If the parent doesn't "correct" it then that kid is labled, and everything they do from then on is no longer anything the teacher has any responsibility for. Just send them to the office. The look on their face. How they sit in a chair. Doesn't matter what it is. That kid is a potential time bomb.

When I was a kid you had to do something really bad to get sent to the office, and you had to do it more than once. For the school to call your parents? You had to be caught cheating, or stealing, or get in a fist fight. Now? They call the parents because they don't like the look on a kids face. It's unreal.

But it's todays world and todays teachers think it's perfectly OK. Why? Because they don't have to do it anymore, they have social workers to do it for them.

Bullshit.

School shootings are the direct result of the institution of social workers into public schools. Before then, kids were understood to be different from each other, and the idea that they all had to conform to some Stepford standard was a totally foreign one. Teachers were the Powers That Be, and if you didn't respect the teacher, and follow the rules, you payed the price. You were sent to the office. That was the worst thing that could possibly happen to you. Aside from calling your parents. THAT was really the worst thing, and you had to be a really bad kid for that to happen.

Today? Teachers don't even bother to get to know their students. At the first sign of non-conformity, which can be as small as a look, they get sent to the social worker. If the parent doesn't "correct" it then that kid is labled, and everything they do from then on is no longer anything the teacher has any responsibility for. Just send them to the office. The look on their face. How they sit in a chair. Doesn't matter what it is. That kid is a potential time bomb.

When I was a kid you had to do something really bad to get sent to the office, and you had to do it more than once. For the school to call your parents? You had to be caught cheating, or stealing, or get in a fist fight. Now? They call the parents because they don't like the look on a kids face. It's unreal.

But it's todays world and todays teachers think it's perfectly OK. Why? Because they don't have to do it anymore, they have social workers to do it for them.

Don't know what school your talking about but in the school my fiance teaches in, the kids curse her out, call her a whore, threaten to kill her, don't do their homework, don't take tests, don't give a fuck and whats done about it, squat. A severe talking too by the disciplinarian if they feel like it that day. Next day its the same thing. Thats why teachers dont want to get to know their students. ITs because their students are assholes and no one gets the assholes out of the classes. They just keep dumping more assholes in ruining any chance that normal kids had.

The parents have passed their responibility onto the teachers who are completely unqualified to raise 30+ kids for 9 months as their own children. Teachers used to have the support of the parents at home. The parents would make sure homework got done or else. They would make sure that any discipline problems were dealt with. Now parents are either hostile towards teachers blaming their kids for being assholes, give lip service to their kids being assholes but never do anything about it or they just dont care. They dont return phone calls from the teacher. They dont come to parent teacher conferences. They dont show up for Back to school night. They see it as a baby sitter while they work or in some cases sit on their asses free from being bothered with the kids. It all starts at home. School ain't gonna solve it for them.

Switching gears for a second, I have a novel idea. Right now, public schools have taken it upon themselves to teach kids the 'safe' ways to engage in a VERY risky activity that are only 75% effective. I'm sure you know exactly what I'm *cough*condom*cough* talking about. Why don't we have a class unit in school (I'd be willing to make it optional) on gun safety. It's more commonly used by a large segment of the population than condoms; It's almost 100% effective; and it's not a violation of religious decency to talk about such things.

Switching gears for a second, I have a novel idea. Right now, public schools have taken it upon themselves to teach kids the 'safe' ways to engage in a VERY risky activity that are only 75% effective. I'm sure you know exactly what I'm *cough*condom*cough* talking about. Why don't we have a class unit in school (I'd be willing to make it optional) on gun safety. It's more commonly used by a large segment of the population than condoms; It's almost 100% effective; and it's not a violation of religious decency to talk about such things.

Its a violation of the church of liberalism. Gun safety in the Church of Liberalism is that all guns are destroyed.

Don't know what school your talking about but in the school my fiance teaches in, the kids curse her out, call her a whore, threaten to kill her, don't do their homework, don't take tests, don't give a fuck and whats done about it, squat. A severe talking too by the disciplinarian if they feel like it that day. Next day its the same thing. Thats why teachers dont want to get to know their students. ITs because their students are assholes and no one gets the assholes out of the classes. They just keep dumping more assholes in ruining any chance that normal kids had.

The parents have passed their responibility onto the teachers who are completely unqualified to raise 30+ kids for 9 months as their own children. Teachers used to have the support of the parents at home. The parents would make sure homework got done or else. They would make sure that any discipline problems were dealt with. Now parents are either hostile towards teachers blaming their kids for being assholes, give lip service to their kids being assholes but never do anything about it or they just dont care. They dont return phone calls from the teacher. They dont come to parent teacher conferences. They dont show up for Back to school night. They see it as a baby sitter while they work or in some cases sit on their asses free from being bothered with the kids. It all starts at home. School ain't gonna solve it for them.

This exactly the problem. Teachers and parents are both to blame. Its a fact that teachers spend just as much time with the kids as their parents. I recieved just as much discipline from teachers as my parents. Many of the things I know about life, I learned from teachers. These kids are the responsibility of both teachers and parents. Instead teachers blame parents and parents blame teachers. It all starts at home, but it continues at school. Apathy will be the downfall of us all.

This exactly the problem. Teachers and parents are both to blame. Its a fact that teachers spend just as much time with the kids as their parents. I recieved just as much discipline from teachers as my parents. Many of the things I know about life, I learned from teachers. These kids are the responsibility of both teachers and parents. Instead teachers blame parents and parents blame teachers. It all starts at home, but it continues at school. Apathy will be the downfall of us all.

the problem my fiance faces is that she tries to discipline them and gets no support from the school admin. They are in such fear of lawyers that it paralyzes them from doing anything to stop this behavior. So the students sees her as a joke when she yells at them or sends them to the office. So now she just ignores them and gives them a zero on the test if they dont take it (which gets bumped up to a 60 later cause we can't give kids grades below 60 whatever the fuck that rule came from).

the problem my fiance faces is that she tries to discipline them and gets no support from the school admin. They are in such fear of lawyers that it paralyzes them from doing anything to stop this behavior. So the students sees her as a joke when she yells at them or sends them to the office. So now she just ignores them and gives them a zero on the test if they dont take it (which gets bumped up to a 60 later cause we can't give kids grades below 60 whatever the fuck that rule came from).

Sounds like a School Board issue then. I'd go to every meeting and scream like hell.

Im not the one to play the blam game but if you ask me I blam schools shootings for the lack of parenting, rap music, and heavy metal. All in all a good parent knows when a chaild needs their ass beat.

Im not the one to play the blam game but if you ask me I blam schools shootings for the lack of parenting, rap music, and heavy metal. All in all a good parent knows when a chaild needs their ass beat.
You had me at lack of parenting, but once you started throwing music in, well, you lost all credibility in my eyes. Only a loser will blame media for school violence.

You had me at lack of parenting, but once you started throwing music in, well, you lost all credibility in my eyes. Only a loser will blame media for school violence.

I wouldnt go so far as to say loser. I'd say that someone who blames music, video games, tv etc is ignorant to the real problem. Some children just have something wrong with them. Its a parents job to recognize these problems and "parent" their kids so that they don't shoot up their school. Listening to Manson or Fitty Cent might be a symptom of the problem that a parent can recognize and realize something might be wrong. They are not the cause though.

I completely disagree here. No one can say that our viewer/listening habits dont effect who we are. I mean corporations will pay billions of dollars for 30 second advertisements in some shows because they think thats all it will take to convince people to buy their products.

if 30 seconds can convince people to buy products, I find it hard pressed to argue that we are not effected by hours upon hours of violent media doesnt effect people.

I completely disagree here. No one can say that our viewer/listening habits dont effect who we are. I mean corporations will pay billions of dollars for 30 second advertisements in some shows because they think thats all it will take to convince people to buy their products.

if 30 seconds can convince people to buy products, I find it hard pressed to argue that we are not effected by hours upon hours of violent media doesnt effect people.

It doesnt drive them to violence. Otherwise, we'd see statistically higher amounts of it. We see the disproportionate spatterings of violence on the news media everyday. IF that reflected the society, we'd have a crime rate of like 99%. Its obviously much lower than that.

http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/uscrime.htm

The thing that gets lost is that some people are just violent people. If they happen to be playing violent video games, listening to Marilyn Manson and wearing a trenchcoat, I'd sit them down and have a talk with them about life. That doesnt mean that they will shoot up a school. Millions of violent video games are sold with murder in them yet the murder rate is low. Millions of Manson albums have been sold, yet very few people have killed anyone of that group. These are symptoms of violent people. they are not the causes.

I doubt music has anything to do with it, but when the media turns guys like Jeffrey Dahmer into heroes you can be sure that the "losers" are the ones who think, "That didn't take much talent, and he got famous, maybe I'll try that!"

At least to make rap and heavy metal takes (some) talent.

I doubt music has anything to do with it, but when the media turns guys like Jeffrey Dahmer into heroes you can be sure that the "losers" are the ones who think, "That didn't take much talent, and he got famous, maybe I'll try that!"

At least to make rap and heavy metal takes (some) talent.

When was Jeffrey Dahmer turned into a hero? He was a gay serial killer. I don't remember him being turned into any kind of hero.

When was Jeffrey Dahmer turned into a hero? He was a gay serial killer. I don't remember him being turned into any kind of hero.
I concur with your point. Maybe Nuc is confusing the fact that a movie was made about Dahmer with being made a hero. However, I'd like to see what he has to say in his defense :)

Forum List

Back