Another School Fires Entire Staff

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
ATLANTA — A failing Savannah high school is firing its entire staff in an effort to avoid further sanctions from the state and to make the school eligible for up to $6 million in federal money, officials said Thursday.

The 200 employees at Beach High School — including the principal — will work there through the end of the year but will not be rehired for that school, said Karla Redditte, spokeswoman for the Savannah-Chatham County school district.

The teachers can reapply for their jobs but only half can be rehired under federal education law, she said. Staff can also apply for other jobs in the school district.

The Associated Press: Struggling Georgia school firing entire staff

Does anyone really think a new staff will turn this school around?

ATLANTA — A failing Savannah high school is firing its entire staff in an effort to avoid further sanctions from the state and to make the school eligible for up to $6 million in federal money, officials said Thursday.

The 200 employees at Beach High School — including the principal — will work there through the end of the year but will not be rehired for that school, said Karla Redditte, spokeswoman for the Savannah-Chatham County school district.

The teachers can reapply for their jobs but only half can be rehired under federal education law, she said. Staff can also apply for other jobs in the school district.

Don't they have NCLB to thank for this?

Well, since the last bunch were crap, what's the harm in bringing in new. They probably can't screw up any worse.

Are they doing this to get rid of the Union or to bring in a union or neither?

Principles were all once a teacher, not all teachers (Principles) make good managers. They make tons of mistakes on budget issues and terrible managers. I personally think that the Education system would be better if there were not unionized at all.

While unemployment is high, it is the best time to clean house. Now is their best chance to get some real talent because they have such a large pool of unemployed to pick from.

Are they doing this to get rid of the Union or to bring in a union or neither?

Principles were all once a teacher, not all teachers (Principles) make good managers. They make tons of mistakes on budget issues and terrible managers. I personally think that the Education system would be better if there were not unionized at all.

And WAY TOO MANY Administrators IN THE SYSTEM! Too much money wasted on useless jobs.

No.

Read the freakin' article for once.

NCLB allows several options other than firing the entire staff.

Don't get you panties in a wad, this option is only excersised 20-30 times a year.

Plus, this school was at the bottom for SEVEN years. WTF did they think was gonna happen? Without NCLB, they would have simply continued going nowhere for ANOTHER 7 Years: You think that woyld be a better option?

No.

Don't get you panties in a wad, this option is only excersised 20-30 times a year.

Plus, this school was at the bottom for SEVEN years. WTF did they think was gonna happen? Without NCLB, they would have simply continued going nowhere for ANOTHER 7 Years: You think that woyld be a better option?

I think Samson is PMS'ing.

Or you need more seafood in your diet.

No.

Don't read the article, it may cause your brain to explode.

No.

Don't read the article, it may cause your brain to explode.

Are you constipated again? Maybe xotoxi can write you a prescription, it sounds like something in you is about ready to explode.

I made a simple comment and you went ballistic.

Calm down there dude, it'll be ok. :thup:

No.

Lighten up, it was just a question.

No.

I think it is male menopause.

No.

No, it wasn't "just a question," and even if it was, the answer is in the link.

The question about there being a better option goes unanswered in favor of stupid menstrual and digestive speculation.

I'm really not surprised.

No.

No, it wasn't "just a question," and even if it was, the answer is in the link.

The question about there being a better option goes unanswered in favor of stupid menstrual and digestive speculation.

I'm really not surprised.

You need to take a poop?

I would like to know the demographics. Teachers can't perform miracles.

The move is the most dramatic of four tactics allowed by the federal No Child Left Behind law for schools like Beach that consistently fail to meet benchmarks

Again, NCLB is part of this, without this move they don't get federal funding. Thankfully, President Obama is changing some of the wording and standards in NCLB, since many of them were unrealistic as written.

I wonder what teachers will be hired to 'change things around' to make it a school to perform up to standards. Also, I wonder if they will have parent liaisons to work with the parents to make more incentives for their children to want to learn in school.

But of course to some on here, everything is always the teachers fault. The students and the parents have nothing to do with low grades or bad test scores.

Firing ALL the teachers seems like a bold move, but I guess it's the trend to do it now. Just wondering if it's the right solution.

New Topics

Forum List

Back