Another Responsible Gun Owner: Houston Massacre

Howey

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2013
How sad...four children dead at the hands of a crazy white guy.

Mass Shooting Near Houston Leaves 6 Dead, Including 4 Children

A gunman killed at least six people, including four children, in a Houston suburb and then engaged police in a three-hour standoff before finally surrendering late Wednesday.

The suspected gunman, who has not yet been identified,*is believed to be related to at least some of the victims, officials told Houston ABC station KTRK.

A gunman killed at least six people, including four children, in a Houston suburb and then engaged police in a three-hour standoff before finally surrendering late Wednesday.

The suspected gunman, who has not yet been identified,*is believed to be related to at least some of the victims, officials told Houston ABC station KTRK.

See, this is just more proof that if all those kids had been armed, they could have defended themselves. You liberals are the cause of all these deaths.

Acceptable risk for us in America. Good thing so we can sit here every morning and debate the issue. :D

-Geaux

[youtube]7_HJkCdSyfE[/youtube]

Hey Geaux......put a Trueglo red dot on my Saiga. Its sIcK!!!! Not a co-witness set-up but I prefer that in case the battery goes dead, still got the irons. Target acquisition so much quicker for a guy like me with the eyes of Mr Magoo. Brought me to putting 8-9 out of 10 in the definite kill zone......with irons it was 2-3!! WINNING. Gotta connect and hit a range one day bro.......:badgrin::badgrin:

As someone who used to carry a duty piece I advise people to get rid of their weapons. It puts our minds into a constant state of hyper-vigilance where we're assessing every stranger as threat or no threat. And that's no way to live. Should be viewing strangers as potential friends, not potential threats we have to kill.

There are legit reasons to have access to a weapon, but generally speaking when we do, chances are any occasion to use them was of our own making. I'm not going to spend the next 40+ years of my life thinking of the poor guy I killed for trying to take something of mine. I don't own anything that important and would just as soon offer to show them something from the back instead. :)

As someone who used to carry a duty piece I advise people to get rid of their weapons. It puts our minds into a constant state of hyper-vigilance where we're assessing every stranger as threat or no threat. And that's no way to live. Should be viewing strangers as potential friends, not potential threats we have to kill.

There are legit reasons to have access to a weapon, but generally speaking when we do, chances are any occasion to use them was of our own making. I'm not going to spend the next 40+ years of my life thinking of the poor guy I killed for trying to take something of mine. I don't own anything that important and would just as soon offer to show them something from the back instead. :)

Fine, your OK with being a victim but many of us are not. We like to choose our own destiny.

-Geaux

What a surprise that all the USMB limpwristers get hysterical with this stuff. So stereotypical.......everything in life is tragic......."we need solutions!!". That's why they are so fucked up........the world is this hideous tragic place that can be fully controlled if we collectively just put our minds to finding all the solutions.

And s0n.....trust me.......if somebody pulled your nut sack clear off, you still wouldnt shoot them!!:eusa_dance::eusa_dance::up:

[youtube]7_HJkCdSyfE[/youtube]

Hey Geaux......put a Trueglo red dot on my Saiga. Its sIcK!!!! Not a co-witness set-up but I prefer that in case the battery goes dead, still got the irons. Target acquisition so much quicker for a guy like me with the eyes of Mr Magoo. Brought me to putting 8-9 out of 10 in the definite kill zone......with irons it was 2-3!! WINNING. Gotta connect and hit a range one day bro.......:badgrin::badgrin:

No doubt. My AIMPOINT PRO is co-witness on my DDM4. No irons for B/U cause I took them off. Battery in the PRO is advertised to be 3 years of use, and that's leaving it on. What's cool is you don't have to flip the cover to get on with business. The red dot is visible through it . Great tool for working in the rain or sloshing through the swamps. Getting ready to put a doubleer behind that beast :D

Hey skooks, you would really dig my Kimbers.....:banana:

-Geaux

Last edited:
if I were to shoot anybody out would be in self defense.

Or if there is an accident or a suicide in your home with a gun being used. Or if someone gets a hold of your gun and shoots someone. The instance of self defense in a home with a gun is less likely than an accident or a suicide.

you got numbers to back that up?

OMG! I can't believe you asked that. These statistics have been around forever. Have you never been engaged in a gun rights debate? These stats are common knowledge. Technically, in a debate, one is not required to support common knowledge with a source.

Statistics on Gun Deaths & Injuries

Posted on November 16, 2012

In 2010, guns took the lives of 31,076 Americans in homicides, suicides and unintentional shootings. This is the equivalent of more than 85 deaths each day and more than three deaths each hour.1

73,505 Americans were treated in hospital emergency departments for non-fatal gunshot wounds in 2010.2

Firearms were the third-leading cause of injury-related deaths nationwide in 2010, following poisoning and motor vehicle accidents.3

Between 1955 and 1975, the Vietnam War killed over 58,000 American soldiers – less than the number of civilians killed with guns in the U.S. in an average two-year period.4

In the first seven years of the U.S.-Iraq War, over 4,400 American soldiers were killed. Almost as many civilians are killed with guns in the U.S., however, every seven weeks.5

Homicide

Guns were used in 11,078 homicides in the U.S. in 2010, comprising almost 35% of all gun deaths, and over 68% of all homicides.6

On average, 33 gun homicides were committed each day for the years 2005-2010.7

Regions and states with higher rates of gun ownership have significantly higher rates of homicide than states with lower rates of gun ownership.8

Where guns are prevalent, there are significantly more homicides, particularly gun homicides.9

Suicide
Firearms were used in 19,392 suicides in the U.S. in 2010, constituting almost 62% of all gun deaths.10

Over 50% of all suicides are committed with a firearm.11

On average, 49 gun suicides were committed each day for the years 2005-2010.12

White males, about 40% of the U.S. population, accounted for over 80% of firearm suicides in 2010.13

A study of California handgun purchasers found that in the first year after the purchase of a handgun, suicide was the leading cause of death among the purchasers.14

Firearms were used in nearly 44% of suicide deaths among persons under age 25 in 2010.15

More than 75% of guns used in suicide attempts and unintentional injuries of 0-19 year-olds were stored in the residence of the victim, a relative, or a friend.16The risk of suicide increases in homes where guns are kept loaded and/or unlocked.17

Unintentional Deaths and Injuries

In 2010, unintentional firearm injuries caused the deaths of 606 people.18

From 2005-2010, almost 3,800 people in the U.S. died from unintentional shootings.19

Over 1,300 victims of unintentional shootings for the period 2005–2010 were under 25 years of age.20

People of all age groups are significantly more likely to die from unintentional firearm injuries when they live in states with more guns, relative to states with fewer guns. On average, states with the highest gun levels had nine times the rate of unintentional firearms deaths compared to states with the lowest gun levels.21

A federal government study of unintentional shootings found that 8% of such shooting deaths resulted from shots fired by children under the age of six.22

The U.S. General Accounting Office has estimated that 31% of unintentional deaths caused by firearms might be prevented by the addition of two devices: a child-proof safety lock (8%) and a loading indicator (23%).
http://smartgunlaws.org/gun-deaths-and-injuries-statistics/

Last edited:

Forum List

Back