What's new
US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another Reason To Get Vaccinated? Many Insurance Companies Aren’t Covering COVID-19 Costs Anymore

Admiral Rockwell Tory

Diamond Member
Reaction score
It's not uncommon for fully vaccinated people to come down with the disease. What then?

I was vaccinated and came down with COVID. I have had colds worse than that! The only major difference is I was exhausted for about a week. I am 60 have stage IV liver failure, heart trouble and Type 2 diabetes . Regeneron works!

My daughter's friend was not vaccinated. He spent two weeks in the hospital of a ventilator and still is on supplemental oxygen at home now. He is in his late 30s, was healthy as a horse before COVID.

See the difference in vaccinated versus unvaccinated?

Last edited:

Anathema

Crotchety Olde Man
Reaction score
So if you get the virus and end up needing medical treatment, don't expect the insurance companies to cover it anymore
That’s fine. Home quarantine and death is a perfectly acceptable option for me and my family so far as I’m concerned.

Jarlaxle

Gold Member
Reaction score
I was vaccinated and came down with COVID. I have had colds worse than that! The only major difference is I was exhausted for about a week. I am 60 have stage IV liver failure, heart trouble and Type 2 diabetes . Regeneron works!

My daughter's friend was not vaccinated. He spent two weeks in the hospital of a ventilator and still is on supplemental oxygen at home now. He is in his late 30s, was healthy as a horse before COVID.

See the difference in vaccinated versus unvaccinated?
My father had COVID. He described it as a cold that "kicked his ass for 3 days." He's 70, fat, diabeteic, and unvaccinated. My good friend had COVID a year and a half ago. He figured he had bronchitis. Friend's mother had COVID...she figured she had a chest cold.

My wife had COVID. She had no symptoms. Three of my co-workers also had COVID with no symptoms.

SassyIrishLass

Diamond Member
Reaction score
The typical price for someone in the hospital with the virus is 50 thousand dollars.

Insurance companies pay 70% of that.

I don't know about you but I don't have over 15 thousand dollars which is 30% of 50 thousand dollars.

A lot of people will be hit with bills they can't pay. People don't realize that 30% of a hospital bill isn't easy for a lot of people to pay.

You have shitty insurance.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$20.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List