Another Problem for Leftist *Environmentalists*

that’s it?

Best argument you got against wind power?
You go without power in a snow storm, because of dumbass ideas.

I moved from the Southern Tier of NY State several years where the normal snowfall per annum is 6 ft or more. Strangely I prepared myself for the winters there by having my own snow plowing equipment for my 600ft driveway and emergency generator with enough food to last a month if needed if the electrical grid was down.
I now live in North Carolina still have my generator and I'm prepared for the winters here too.
I refuse to go solar or use Wind Power neither is sustainable and is both ar bad for the environment.

Dan Woodfin, Senior Director of System Operations for the Electric Reliability Council of Texas. “It’s certainly more than what we would typically assume.”
Wind power has been the fastest-growing source of energy in Texas’ power grid. In 2015 winder power generation supplied 11% of Texas’ energy grid. Last year it supplied 23% and overtook coal as the system’s second-largest source of energy after natural gas.
In Austin, wind power supplies roughly 19% of the city’s energy demands, all of which is passed from producers to consumers across the state grid. The city began adding several megawatts of wind energy capacity to its renewable energy portfolio in the 1990s from both West Texas and Gulf Coast wind farms.

Forum List

Back