Another Man Exonerated From Texas Prison

LAfrique

VIP Member
May 16, 2011
Convicting people and setencing them to life imprisonment or sending them to death row on mere circumstantial evidence is simply act of malice. While some of these people are lucky in eventually finding justice and eventually receiving some compensation at taxpayers expense, depriving people of their right to freedom and subjecting them to unnecessary mental anguish is diabolic.

Michael Morton, who just got released from Texas prison after years behind bars for crime he did not commit, is about fourth person exonerated thus far in 2011 from Texas prison. Though tough on crime, I would, anytime, rather see even a guilty person walk free than have an innocent person behind bars for more than 48 hours!

I wonder what would have happened had DNA not been available to these Texas individuals. What if Troy Davis never committed the murder he just got executed for?

Michael Morton Exonerated - Texan freed after DNA clears him in wife's slaying - CBS News

Wrongful Convictions and Cost to Taxpayers - http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/23/u...t-compensated-differently.html?_r=1&ref=texas

Convicting people and setencing them to life imprisonment or sending them to death row on mere circumstantial evidence is simply act of malice. While some of these people are lucky in eventually finding justice and eventually receiving some compensation at taxpayers expense, depriving people of their right to freedom and subjecting them to unnecessary mental anguish is diabolic.

Michael Morton, who just got released from Texas prison after years behind bars for crime he did not commit, is about fourth person exonerated thus far in 2011 from Texas prison. Though tough on crime, I would, anytime, rather see even a guilty person walk free than have an innocent person behind bars for more than 48 hours!

I wonder what would have happened had DNA not been available to these Texas individuals. What if Troy Davis never committed the murder he just got executed for?

Michael Morton Exonerated - Texan freed after DNA clears him in wife's slaying - CBS News

Wrongful Convictions and Cost to Taxpayers - http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/23/u...t-compensated-differently.html?_r=1&ref=texas

Actually this supports the contention that we do not execute innocent people since they keep getting let loose.

Actually this supports the contention that we do not execute innocent people since they keep getting let loose.

RetiredGySgt, these few wrongfully convicted prisoners who got exonerated are simply lucky. What do you think would have happened had DNA not been available to them? Can you imagine how many innocent may have been executed or are still behind bars for crimes our biased system would not believe they did not commit?

How would you like spending 20 years or 10 years or 5 years or 1 year in prison for a crime you did not commit and on a case built on mere circumstantial evidence?

RetiredGySgt, these few wrongfully convicted prisoners who got exonerated are simply lucky. What do you think would have happened had DNA not been available to them? Can you imagine how many innocent may have been executed or are still behind bars for crimes our biased system would not believe they did not commit?

How would you like spending 20 years or 10 years or 5 years or 1 year in prison for a crime you did not commit and on a case built on mere circumstantial evidence?

Our system is the best out there. Or perhaps you would care to provide a new system?

Our system is the best out there. Or perhaps you would care to provide a new system?
Sure, we have more prisoners per capita than China. We are the only leading nation that still uses the death penalty.

We don't have a problem with our system. It's the people in it: blacks and Hispanics. Criminal justice in America is basically for blacks and Hispanics. If we didn't have them, we probably wouldn't have a death penalty.

While I deny not that we have one of the best written and re-written laws, it sure would be nice to have our judicial system operate by rules set forth in our laws. What good are well-written laws, if they do not serve and protect the people they were meant to serve and protect?

We don't have a problem with our system. It's the people in it: Blacks and Hispanics. Criminal justice in America is basically for Blacks and Hispanics. If we didn't have them, we probably wouldn't have a death penalty.

Really? And I guess Charles Manson, Jeffrey Dahmer, Gerald Eugene Stano and John Wayne Gacy (just to mention a few) are Blacks, according to William Joyce. Tsk, tsk, tsk!

We don't have a problem with our system. It's the people in it: blacks and Hispanics. Criminal justice in America is basically for blacks and Hispanics. If we didn't have them, we probably wouldn't have a death penalty.

ask Santa for a bigger brain this year !

ask Santa for a bigger brain this year !

You so silly.
He can't do that...nobody can ask Santa for body parts...otherwise every gent in the world would be asking for a bigger penis :lol:

The answer is, to the parasitic class, obviously, no prisons at all. Don't arrest anyone. Don't imprison anyone. That way you can be absolutely sure that no innocent person will be wrongfully imprisoned.

The answer is, to the parasitic class, obviously, no prisons at all. Don't arrest anyone. Don't imprison anyone. That way you can be absolutely sure that no innocent person will be wrongfully imprisoned.

Tipsy, I do not think anyone is implying what you are alleging: I am for law and order, and would like to believe that I am tough on crime. However, I do not advocate condemning folks to life imprisonment or to the death row on mere circumstantial evidence: In my courtroom, you must have hard evidence connecting a person to a crime to find a person guilty and condemned to life imprisonment or the death row.

Forum List

Back