Another interesting health care poll

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
WASHINGTON — Americans by 9 percentage points have a favorable view of the health care overhaul that President Obama signed into law Tuesday, a USA TODAY/Gallup Poll finds, a notable turnaround from surveys before the vote that showed a plurality against it.
By 49%-40% those surveyed say it was "a good thing" rather than a bad one that Congress passed the bill. Half describe their reaction in positive terms, as "enthusiastic" or "pleased," while about four in 10 describe it in negative ways, as "disappointed" or "angry."
Opinions turn favorable on health care plan - USATODAY.com

Sheeple are sheeple and will always follow.

It is the reason truly independent. reasonable minds will never be victorious.

WASHINGTON — Americans by 9 percentage points have a favorable view of the health care overhaul that President Obama signed into law Tuesday, a USA TODAY/Gallup Poll finds, a notable turnaround from surveys before the vote that showed a plurality against it.
By 49%-40% those surveyed say it was "a good thing" rather than a bad one that Congress passed the bill. Half describe their reaction in positive terms, as "enthusiastic" or "pleased," while about four in 10 describe it in negative ways, as "disappointed" or "angry."
Opinions turn favorable on health care plan - USATODAY.com

Ah shall we have a poll war....oh wait your a girl :badgrin:

The majority of Americans favored the bill or something stronger.

The right was trying to lump people against it because it didn't go far enough into their camp.

The right was trying to lump people against it because it didn't go far enough into their camp.

Sorry, but that's incorrect...

It's been explained in Ravi's other thread she abandoned...

Actually, House, it was your poll that I was referring to.

You do remember our conversation, right?

Actually, House, it was your poll that I was referring to.

You do remember our conversation, right?

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/images/12/21/rel19a.pdf

The majority of americans DO and DID favor reforming health care.

The majority of americans DIDN'T and DO NOT favor the bill that was just passed.

Semantics can be very deceptive.

Republicans (see here) are pushing a CNN poll that has opposition to health care reform legislation running to 59 percent. Two things I noticed, however, that hint at the sub rosa worries some conservatives have about this.

First, that high opposition number is split — only 43 percent of people say they oppose the bill because it’s “too liberal,” while 13 percent say it’s “not liberal enough.”

Second, I see that since December, Democrats have gained a little ground — within the margin of error — on the question of which party voters “trust more to handle major changes in the country’s health care system.” A three-point lead has become a six-point lead.

Poll: Democrats Recover Some of Their Health Care Polling Lead Over the GOP The Washington Independent

Republicans (see here) are pushing a CNN poll that has opposition to health care reform legislation running to 59 percent. Two things I noticed, however, that hint at the sub rosa worries some conservatives have about this.

First, that high opposition number is split — only 43 percent of people say they oppose the bill because it’s “too liberal,” while 13 percent say it’s “not liberal enough.”

Second, I see that since December, Democrats have gained a little ground — within the margin of error — on the question of which party voters “trust more to handle major changes in the country’s health care system.” A three-point lead has become a six-point lead.

Poll: Democrats Recover Some of Their Health Care Polling Lead Over the GOP The Washington Independent

Yeah, that's the same poll that I posted and the one that was being touted by the right for months.

It seemed pointless to repeat myself.

But since you seem to have no idea of how polls work, here are the results.

Sucks to be you.

1160 polled

42% 487.2 Approve
39% 452.4 Too Liberal
13% 150.8 Doesn't go far enough
2% 23.2 Other
4% 46.4 Don't know

Sheeple are sheeple and will always follow.

It is the reason truly independent. reasonable minds will never be victorious.

Independents, that lick the asshole of corporate CEO's who view you as an ant?

Sucks to be you.

1160 polled

42% 487.2 Approve
39% 452.4 Too Liberal
2% 23.2 Other
4% 46.4 Don't know

487.2 people approve?
452.4 too liberal?
150.8 doesn't go far enough?
23.2 other?
46.4 Don't know?

How and why did they cut those people up?

Immie

Sucks to be you.

1160 polled

42% 487.2 Approve
39% 452.4 Too Liberal
2% 23.2 Other
4% 46.4 Don't know

Seems as if you interpret, doesn't go far enough as people wanted MORE government involvement. Perhaps they meant tort reform and interstate competition were left out and that was important to them. With only a three percent difference and a plus or minus factor of 3% on the poll, you have a meaningless result.

Forum List

Back