Another GOP who hates the troops

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
Pueblo County Clerk Gilbert "Bo" Ortiz wanted an answer Thursday from Colorado Secretary of State Scott Gessler to a simple question but one heavily laced with politics: Could Ortiz send out roughly 70 mail ballots to registered county voters in the military, but who did not vote in the 2010 election?

"I want an order from the secretary's office by Friday (today) saying that I cannot send out those ballots because I believe I should under the (Uniform Military and Overseas Voters Act)," Ortiz said Thursday morning.

He got his answer at closing time Thursday. Gessler's letter to Ortiz said the secretary of state was sticking to his position that no inactive voters should get ballots sent to them this election — including out-of-area military voters, or those "covered" by the Uniform Military and Overseas Voters Act.

"A covered voter who is registered to vote may apply for a ballot. Ballots are not automatically sent to covered voters," Gessler's letter said. "Thus, Pueblo County may only send mail ballots to inactive voters who submit a timely request as required by the (Act)."

Perusing the letter Thursday night, Ortiz said Gessler had provided an order as asked.

Ortiz, however, said he wanted to discuss Gessler's letter with his legal adviser, Pueblo County Attorney Dan Kogovsek, before making a decision on the matter that has become more controversial with the added question of how inactive military voters should be treated.

The military voter issue is the latest twist in the confrontation between Gessler and two counties — Pueblo and Denver — over their intentions to send ballots to inactive voters this year. Denver Clerk Debra Johnson intends to send out about 55,000 ballots to inactive voters in that county, including military voters.

Ortiz has 17,000 ballots ready for inactive voters among the 82,000 he expects to mail out for the November election. He's already mailed out about 600 ballots to military voters who are considered active voters, meaning they voted in 2010. By law, military voters are supposed to get their ballots sent to them 45 days prior to an election.

More at the LINK

Another GOP who hates the troops

Are you capable of being honest about anything? His position is that no inactive voters should get ballots sent to them this election — including out-of-area military voters. That means it applies to everybody, military or not. He isn't just targeting the military, but you already knew that, didn't you.

I don't agree with what he's doing either, but I am intelligent enough to not have to lie about the man in order to make my point.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
What does he mean?

On a second look, it would seem that I misread, he is including all inactive voters.

It means that Synthia is happy to use our brave military for partisan political bullshit. I hope you are disgusted by that. I know I am.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
What does he mean?

On a second look, it would seem that I misread, he is including all inactive voters.

It means that Synthia is happy to use our brave military for partisan political bullshit. I hope you are disgusted by that. I know I am.

Sounds absolutely delightful.

With some people - on both sides - nothing is sacred, not our military, not even our war dead.... they use them for political point scoring. I always neg them for it... because I do not get such behavior go unchallenged.

Earlier I said that the standard for brilliance is an egocentric judgment.

Synthia apparently believes he is clever enough to have this story pass the smell test.

Apparently he has no insight into the reality of his intellectual standing in the population. Funny.

I would point out that the mere fact that Syn has to go out of his way to misrepresent Republicans to find a Republican who "hates our troops" testifies to the fact that Republicans who "hate our troops" are extremely rare.

I wish Democrats who hate our troops were equally as rare.

As I understand it, it's always been common practice for out of area voters to have to take the initiative to request their own absentee ballots. So I don't see anything here that is remarkable, other than one person wanting to defy established election law just so they can try to score political points.

As I understand it, it's always been common practice for out of area voters to have to take the initiative to request their own absentee ballots. So I don't see anything here that is remarkable, other than one person wanting to defy established election law just so they can try to score political points.

Being one of those 'out of area' voters, yes, one does need to take personal responsibility to ensure one is included in the process. I see nothing wrong with that. It was my choice to be an 'out of area' voter.... just like it is the personal choice of our military to be 'out of area' voters. Most of our military are quite capable of ensuring that they are included - they're mainly quite bright, self sufficient people. God bless them.

Being one of those 'out of area' voters, yes, one does need to take personal responsibility to ensure one is included in the process. I see nothing wrong with that. It was my choice to be an 'out of area' voter.... just like it is the personal choice of our military to be 'out of area' voters. Most of our military are quite capable of ensuring that they are included - they're mainly quite bright, self sufficient people. God bless them.

That's one of the reasons I couldn't understand what he was getting at with this, most of the absentee ballots I've been given are the ones I've requested.

What does he mean?

Riiiight. And the wingnuts didn't ask "why do you hate the troops" of anyone who didn't support the Bush Quagmire?

I don't expect consistency from you, CowardGirl.

What does he mean?

Riiiight. And the wingnuts didn't ask "why do you hate the troops" of anyone who didn't support the Bush Quagmire?

So, what was all that wingnut blather about military votes in Gore/Bush? Did you all forget?

Convenient.

What does he mean?

The Bush Quagmire? You mean the Iraq War? The one Obama pulled all the troops out of ? Oh wait. Perhaps it's one of the other nine conflicts we currently have our troops involved with under the Warmongering Chickenhawk Obama?

That's one of the reasons I couldn't understand what he was getting at with this, most of the absentee ballots I've been given are the ones I've requested.

It's common practice in the military... to the best of my substantial knowledge on the subject. I know my brothers have to proactively request absentee ballots. I do too, for different reasons.

This is just partisan bullshit from one of the many partisan bullshitters on the forum. Shame on them.

What does he mean?

Ahhh, so now we're moving from fail to deflection. Pathetic little man.

The Bush Quagmire? You mean the Iraq War? The one Obama pulled all the troops out of ? Oh wait. Perhaps it's one of the other nine conflicts we currently have our troops involved with under the Warmongering Chickenhawk Obama?

Yes, I mean the Iraq War.

It's common practice in the military... to the best of my substantial knowledge on the subject. I know my brothers have to proactively request absentee ballots. I do too, for different reasons.

This is just partisan bullshit from one of the many partisan bullshitters on the forum. Shame on them.
Why does an active military have to request his Constitutional right?

Why does an active military have to request his Constitutional right?

For the same reason that the rest of us who use absentee ballots do.

Idiot.

Forum List

Back