Another GOP Senator tries to put space between himself and Trump

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

The Texas senator John Cornyn’s comments, to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, are the latest instance of a Republican under electoral pressure seeking to distance himself from an unpopular president, however gingerly, as polling day looms. Democrats are favoured to take the Senate, potentially leading to unified government in Washington.

All the rats are jumping ship. What will these characters do if Trump actually wins ? I suspect they have looked at the numbers very carefully.

The Texas senator John Cornyn’s comments, to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, are the latest instance of a Republican under electoral pressure seeking to distance himself from an unpopular president, however gingerly, as polling day looms. Democrats are favoured to take the Senate, potentially leading to unified government in Washington.

All the rats are jumping ship. What will these characters do if Trump actually wins ? I suspect they have looked at the numbers very carefully.
/----/ Keep dreaming...

Cornyn whines that he couldn't change Trump. Of course he couldn't change him by being in lock step with him.from day one. It's a little late for him to try to distance himself from Trump. He'll go down in Trump's wake, and take many Texas republicans with him. His allegiance to Trump instead of to the state of Texas is a large influence in turning Texas blue.

Cornyn whines that he couldn't change Trump. Of course he couldn't change him by being in lock step with him.from day one. It's a little late for him to try to distance himself from Trump. He'll go down in Trump's wake, and take many Texas republicans with him. His allegiance to Trump instead of to the state of Texas is a large influence in turning Texas blue.
Cornyn's always been a never Trumper. Nobody cares

Trump knows the deal. For him it is better to get half of the loaf or more then none.

/----/ Keep dreaming...
Tommy Taint is a tosser.

Last election several Democrats tried to distance themselves from Obama. It is the same ole, same ole.

If the Dems get Congress and the Presidency it will be interesting what their excuses will be for not getting anything done, I'm sure they will blame Trump and Reagan.

I think a lot of goppers will need to account for their actions after this is all over. Might even need to get rid of all the arse lickers and bring in folk untainted by association with trump.

I think a lot of goppers will need to account for their actions after this is all over. Might even need to get rid of all the arse lickers and bring in folk untainted by association with trump.

I'm not sure if any of those exist. Even if they weren't full fledged Trump Toadies, they didn't do anything to slow down his obviously unAmerican behavior.

Why do they need to do anything? Democrat's were distancing themselves from Obama during the 2016 time frame. It depends on what district or state they serve. Distancing ones self from a President is nothing new or different. You act like no one has ever done this before

Gotta love the irony of a high and mighty limey who one-sidedly bitches about US politics as his own country still has a Queen, House of Lords and those common people.

That’s the problem: Republican lawmakers who lack the courage to openly denounce Trump.

Simply trying to distance oneself from Trump isn’t enough.

And who will be confirming Amy Coney Barrett to SCOTUS in the next few days? That's right, John Cornyn. Like a good little boy.

So, the good senator is shitting in your face, but you like it because he doesn't vote with Trump .00003% of the time?

That's fucked up. Or you have some kind of shit fetish. Must be a eurotrash thing.

And who will be confirming Amy Coney Barrett to SCOTUS in the next few days? That's right, John Cornyn. Like a good little boy.

So, the good senator is shitting in your face, but you like it because he doesn't vote with Trump .00003% of the time?

That's fucked up. Or you have some kind of shit fetish. Must be a eurotrash thing.

Cornyn is just another Trump sycophant who wishes he could pass for something else.

Forum List

Back