Another example of how bad-ass our Military are..:)

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth
If you don't think our military pilots earn their pay ... you need to take a look at this picture ... and then look again and realize what you're seeing ...

helicopter_rescue.jpg

The helicopter is a Keystone CH-47 Chinook, piloted by Larry Murphy, an EMS chopper pilot and National Guardsman from Allentown, Pennsylvania. The amazing landing was part of a pick-up of "Persons Under Control" (prisoners) mission captured by U.S. soldiers during Operation Mountain Resolve in the Nuristan province of Afghanistan in 2003.

I never heard of Operation Mountain Resolve but then agian i'm a n00b what do I know.

Anyway it is a very nice pic.

If you don't think our military pilots earn their pay ... you need to take a look at this picture ... and then look again and realize what you're seeing ...

helicopter_rescue.jpg

The helicopter is a Keystone CH-47 Chinook, piloted by Larry Murphy, an EMS chopper pilot and National Guardsman from Allentown, Pennsylvania. The amazing landing was part of a pick-up of "Persons Under Control" (prisoners) mission captured by U.S. soldiers during Operation Mountain Resolve in the Nuristan province of Afghanistan in 2003.

You should be sitting in that bird and have to dismount while it's in that position. Badass my ass .... everybody's praying!!!:laugh:

But I have to agree .... our pilots, in all branches, are THE best there is.

When I worked at a Boy Scout camp, I once had to help carry a young scout to the field to be airlifted to the hospital. The kid hadn't had a drop of water in over 24 hours in 85-105 degree heat and was only breathing with the aid of one of those bags and mask units you see on ER. Later, I found out the chopper pilot was a Vietnam vet, but I remember watching this dude skim the Ozard mountains, diving sharply after coming over the bluff, and practically pruning the trees along the way. I swear, the man could thread a needle with that bird.

Just in case you were wondering, the kid was re-hydrated intravenously and was back in camp that afternoon, feelling fine and a little wiser for the experience.

helicopter_rescue.jpg

Where did you get that, it is freakin awesome. I want to see more.

Thats a sweet pic. You think those pilot make anything close to their civilian counterparts? I think not. Anyway, those pilots got great skills. Oooorahhhh, even though its an Army bird. :)

Forum List

Back