Another Democrat Platform Thread

DustyInfinity

Platinum Member
Jan 6, 2018
Midwest
I know these threads pop up quite a bit, and I will get two obvious plank issues right out front. Universal Healthcare and abortion. I can understand how people would have many opinions and ideas on these issues. There are, however, some plank issues I wonder how Democrat Voters really feel about.

1. The energy sector. Destroying our energy independence in order to dump huge sums into wind and solar. Not only would this be expensive and inefficient, but we would still need to rely on foreign countries who hate us until such green energy sources have advanced enough to even be possible. How many democrat voters are on board with this?

2. Homelessness and crime. I know many threads pop up on this as well, but the following process all along the West Coast seems to be failing. A - Give huge groups of drug users money and needles and showering facilities. B - Make it legal to break into property, use drugs in public, go to the restroom in public, and squat at any location. C - Handcuff law enforcement as much as possible. Are democrats on board with this?

3. The following economic formula - Increase taxes 3 fold, increase government waste and redundancy, give in to Chinese slave labor. Everybody on board with that? Crippling taxes so that people who can't keep people from shitting in the street are in charge of massive amounts of your wealth. Good idea?

4. Illegal Immigration - I guess to be a Democrat, you have to be on board with this. Get rid of Ice, the wall, bring back catch and release, and further entice illegal entrants with the promise of healthcare. I get that you want to turn red states blue, but are you really on board with the costs of such practices? You are importing a huge, largely dependent population. The poor will have to compete with them for jobs, and the middle class will be crushed by supporting them. This would seem to hurt democrats as well. Is it worth it for your flipping strategy?

5. Censorship - Democrats can call anything they like ' hate speech' and ban it. Lifelong politicians who can't keep poop off the sidewalks will get to decide what speech they think is 'offensive' and prevent you from using it. Are you guys comfortable with that?

I know these threads pop up quite a bit, and I will get two obvious plank issues right out front. Universal Healthcare and abortion. I can understand how people would have many opinions and ideas on these issues. There are, however, some plank issues I wonder how Democrat Voters really feel about.

1. The energy sector. Destroying our energy independence in order to dump huge sums into wind and solar. Not only would this be expensive and inefficient, but we would still need to rely on foreign countries who hate us until such green energy sources have advanced enough to even be possible. How many democrat voters are on board with this?

2. Homelessness and crime. I know many threads pop up on this as well, but the following process all along the West Coast seems to be failing. A - Give huge groups of drug users money and needles and showering facilities. B - Make it legal to break into property, use drugs in public, go to the restroom in public, and squat at any location. C - Handcuff law enforcement as much as possible. Are democrats on board with this?

3. The following economic formula - Increase taxes 3 fold, increase government waste and redundancy, give in to Chinese slave labor. Everybody on board with that? Crippling taxes so that people who can't keep people from shitting in the street are in charge of massive amounts of your wealth. Good idea?

4. Illegal Immigration - I guess to be a Democrat, you have to be on board with this. Get rid of Ice, the wall, bring back catch and release, and further entice illegal entrants with the promise of healthcare. I get that you want to turn red states blue, but are you really on board with the costs of such practices? You are importing a huge, largely dependent population. The poor will have to compete with them for jobs, and the middle class will be crushed by supporting them. This would seem to hurt democrats as well. Is it worth it for your flipping strategy?

5. Censorship - Democrats can call anything they like ' hate speech' and ban it. Lifelong politicians who can't keep poop off the sidewalks will get to decide what speech they think is 'offensive' and prevent you from using it. Are you guys comfortable with that?
Fantastic post, Dusty. Thank you.

So what's it like not having a republican platform anymore other than to support Trump no matter what he does?

So what's it like not having a republican platform anymore other than to support Trump no matter what he does?

To be honest, Republican lawmakers have failed for so long, it is refreshing not having to watch them fail. Trump is actually doing things Republican's have wanted, but were too spineless to do. Regulations are down, Illegal Immigration is slowly, and finally being addressed, government officials are finally accountable in the VA, Nato is paying for more of their own defense, ect. There is a long list of achievements that Republicans have been dying for, and quite frankly the platform seems to be common sense.

Here is a platform. Don't punish people who can support themselves, and encourage other people to support themselves. This used to be just a matter of self respect, now we have to advocate for the validity of success.

Denocrats have a platform? ... no beams ... it collapses under its own weight ...

6. Gun grabbing ... Democrats hate guns and gun owners ... only criminals should have guns ... (and I suppose the police too) ...

To be honest, Republican lawmakers have failed for so long, it is refreshing not having to watch them fail. Trump is actually doing things Republican's have wanted, but were too spineless to do. Regulations are down, Illegal Immigration is slowly, and finally being addressed, government officials are finally accountable in the VA, Nato is paying for more of their own defense, ect. There is a long list of achievements that Republicans have been dying for, and quite frankly the platform seems to be common sense.
Assuming he has actually done any of that it had better be worth it to you. The republican party has been mortally wounded by all that "winning".

I'll never understand attempts to "fix the gap" that IGNORES the actual causes and roots of poverty.. ALL of the proposals from Universal Income to Living Wage to making the homeless "comfortable" living on the street --- are SIMPLY counterproductive and a cop-out.. MONEY does not end the causes of poverty.. It tends to make folks REMAIN in poverty -- just a little more comfortable until their dead end endangered job goes extinct because of wage inflation..

I don't think any of these "dreamers" know the hard work it would take to actually make the needle MOVE on poverty and "the gap"... Not Bernie, not AOC, not even the party leadership...

The feckless Dims have nothing. Less than nothing. 330 million people and the best they can do is field an 80-year old invalid that shits the bed while we watch and laugh.

Lets flip a few seats in the house, send nanzi back to her shithole and I'll bet DJT will be in a more 'prosecutorial' mood years 5 thru 8. Should be fun.

Forum List

Back