Another Dem Debate - More It's Bush's Fault

It should make you feel so calm knowing what the Dems want to do if elected. I am sure everyone will slep better at night knowing what their top goals are..............

At the conclusion of the two-hour debate, the candidates were asked what their top priority would be for their first 100 days in office:

Edwards: "Travel the world" and "re-establish America's moral authority."
Clinton: Bring home U.S. troops from Iraq.
Obama: Bring home U.S. troops and push for national health care.
New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson: Upgrade U.S. schools and push a $40,000-a-year US minimum wage for teachers.
Delaware Senator Joe Biden: End the war in Iraq and defuse tensions with Iran and North Korea.
Ohio Representative Dennis Kucinich: Help "reshape the world for peace" and end all nuclear weapons.
Former Alaska Senator Mike Gravel: Remind Congressional leaders they can end the war in Iraq now.
Connecticut Senator Chris Dodd: "Restore constitutional rights in this country."
http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2007/06/03/us-candidates.html

This was more like a high school debate - and Wolf was sucking up to all of them

I hope these liberals are thinking about the future and the economic impacts that will/could happen if we up and get out of iraq. I am for being more of a monitor over there but if we cut and leave, oil will become like it has in other areas of the world were terrorist thrive. We’ll loose any control over the market with China and India having the upper hand on oil and prices due to the cartel bidding to the highest. We could see a civil war in our own country over lack of resources since oil will become more and more difficult to get. People will lose jobs and loose those monster homes and everything else we love so much and mass chaos will become the norm. So when we look at the moment I hope we all are looking further down the road like say 30~40 years.

I hope these liberals are thinking about the future and the economic impacts that will/could happen if we up and get out of iraq. I am for being more of a monitor over there but if we cut and leave, oil will become like it has in other areas of the world were terrorist thrive. We’ll loose any control over the market with China and India having the upper hand on oil and prices due to the cartel bidding to the highest. We could see a civil war in our own country over lack of resources since oil will become more and more difficult to get. People will lose jobs and loose those monster homes and everything else we love so much and mass chaos will become the norm. So when we look at the moment I hope we all are looking further down the road like say 30~40 years.

do you think that, in 30 or 40 years, that the sunnis and shiites in Iraq will hate each other any less?

Dogs and cats will live together , allthe ice cream will melt and kids will start wearing their pants around their waists again(oh wait that last one might be a good thing).

The songs of Doom are beig sung a little loud here I think.

Look they are fighting and they will fight unless you want to force another Sadam on them.

We blew it when we took the shit cork(Sadam) out of the bottle (Iraq)

Yeah he was shit but he kept the bottle from overflowing with ethnic hatered.

They have hated each other since Muhamed died and NEVER wanted to be a country.

Bush sold the blood of our bravest to oil speculators.

Its time to leave thier house,its not our country.

When you have made a wreak of someones house you dont stay and threaten them while they clean up even if they start to fight.

YOU leave and pay restitution.

IT was a bad plan and now we need to stop doing the same stupid thing over and over.

ITS TIME TO COME HOME.

do you think that, in 30 or 40 years, that the sunnis and shiites in Iraq will hate each other any less?

No but we've got to figure out ways (that is if we like our ways of living) to become non-dependant on M/E oil and how we can figure out how to become more in tune to the markets or we'll be up a creek. The Sunni/Shia drill has and will continue until the sun shines no more. My point was we back out without any plans for our futures and no amount of finger pointing is gonna help us. And these are real situations I mention and hopefully these candidates are thinking about these as they do there campaigning.

Dogs and cats will live together , allthe ice cream will melt and kids will start wearing their pants around their waists again(oh wait that last one might be a good thing).

The songs of Doom are beig sung a little loud here I think.

Look they are fighting and they will fight unless you want to force another Sadam on them.

We blew it when we took the shit cork(Sadam) out of the bottle (Iraq)

Yeah he was shit but he kept the bottle from overflowing with ethnic hatered.

They have hated each other since Muhamed died and NEVER wanted to be a country.

Bush sold the blood of our bravest to oil speculators.

Its time to leave thier house,its not our country.

When you have made a wreak of someones house you dont stay and threaten them while they clean up even if they start to fight.

YOU leave and pay restitution.

IT was a bad plan and now we need to stop doing the same stupid thing over and over.

ITS TIME TO COME HOME.

it took us 30 plus years to even figure out the vietnam thing, yeah saddam did hold things together, but it was only amatter of time when we had to deal with these knuckleheads. Say it ain't so but it was, oil is a serious deal and make no mistake we could see a serious global melt down if the terrorist got the oil and controlled it. I'm a veteran and I'm not exactly thrilled of the current events in Iraq anymore than anyone else. But leaving would not be a wise move. If you take out politics from all the media hype and put in econmonics it effects us all.

The Iraqi congress has asked for troop freezes and timetables for withdrawl.

If we stay and continue to ignore what they are asking for their country we are nothing but occupiers.

How would you think the world would feel about us occupying this country for OIL?

You see this is how you make many more terrorists.

We can structure a plan to come home by truely letting the generals in the field determine how it would work best instead of firing them when they dont say what we want them to say.

Will oil cost more?

probably!

will we all shrivel and die?

no!

Will we stop creating enemies all over the Muslim world?

It will sure help!

Will we stop spilling the blood of our bravest into the unforgiving sand of Iraq?

YES!

No but we've got to figure out ways (that is if we like our ways of living) to become non-dependant on M/E oil and how we can figure out how to become more in tune to the markets or we'll be up a creek. The Sunni/Shia drill has and will continue until the sun shines no more. My point was we back out without any plans for our futures and no amount of finger pointing is gonna help us. And these are real situations I mention and hopefully these candidates are thinking about these as they do there campaigning.

the dependency on middle eastern oil will remain a problem no matter if we have troops there or not. What will be do if OPEC starts jacking up the price and we have troops on the ground? What will we do if OPEC starts jacking up the price and our troops are not massed in Iraq? I would suggest that the answer to both questions is the same: we pay it.

the more we stay in Iraq, the more we will be hated by the islamic world. you can't spin that to be a good thing for America.

those are valid points but Iraq does have a large oil producing cability and with the terrorist having control even opec might be in a pinch. I mean I can fart ands the market will act stupid. So no matter what the terms are this could really get ugly.

Brazil...a country with nowhere near the resources nor the resolve nor the technical competence of the United States decided a while back that THEY did not want to be dependent on foreign oil. Today they burn E85 exclusively. Duh.

those are valid points but Iraq does have a large oil producing cability and with the terrorist having control even opec might be in a pinch. I mean I can fart ands the market will act stupid. So no matter what the terms are this could really get ugly.

where do you get this "terrorists controlling the oil" mantra from? WHO are these terrorists you speak of? Al Qaeda? the handful of deadenders in their final throes? Who exactly are the terrorists that will control Iraqi oil and the Iraqi people against their will?

The Iraqi congress has asked for troop freezes and timetables for withdrawl.

If we stay and continue to ignore what they are asking for their country we are nothing but occupiers.

How would you think the world would feel about us occupying this country for OIL?

You see this is how you make many more terrorists.

We can structure a plan to come home by truely letting the generals in the field determine how it would work best instead of firing them when they dont say what we want them to say.

Will oil cost more?

probably!

will we all shrivel and die?

no!

Will we stop creating enemies all over the Muslim world?

It will sure help!

Will we stop spilling the blood of our bravest into the unforgiving sand of Iraq?

YES!

first of all when Iraq really shows it is ready to run it's nation, we could leave. But not when the council is going to take a 2 month vacation when we have had troop surges and raids and other stuff. This country needs to except responsibility for getting it running and taking over.

Now about this muslim enemy thing, I don't get it if we never went into the M/E we'd still be there enemy and that is a very true point. Our country can't police the world alone and we needed other EU nations to step up and make it so. I mean the EU is getting over run by M/E folk and there whole way of life in the E/U in under fire because the M/E folk want to change it so it fits there ways. No real country with any self respect can allow that to happen. So we won't ever have that one in the bag. I'd like to think our world could get along and we'd all play right but that won't happen ever. Our political goals don't match our real world goals and ecomnomically it is all out of shape.

Very true Maine,

we should take this time as a warning to not let any country control our economy with a single product.

Its time to make sure it cant happen again and do what America needs to stay out of such a trap.

There are just some people who control our country right now that are all Oil people who stand to make a shit load of money OR lose it if we change our energy base.

Maybe we need new leadership to become independent of these oil rich country who wish to control us.

Brazil...a country with nowhere near the resources nor the resolve nor the technical competence of the United States decided a while back that THEY did not want to be dependent on foreign oil. Today they burn E85 exclusively. Duh.

don't be a dick, we know that and it is our country that is against E-85. I'm not belittling anyone so don't start. My points were and are this Bush to blame is not just him but future politicians whomever runs this joint. They'll have to deal with a plan and leaving and letting terrorist have it all is dumb.

please explain to me who these "terrorists" are that are going to control the Iraqi people and their oil in our absence.

where do you get this "terrorists controlling the oil" mantra from? WHO are these terrorists you speak of? Al Qaeda? the handful of deadenders in their final throes? Who exactly are the terrorists that will control Iraqi oil and the Iraqi people against their will?

If we left iraq right now, iraq would be a haven for terrorist camps and a free training ground. Along with that the oil and any other resouces would be controlled by them. The markets would be in a mess over that and we'd be in competition wth China and India since they are the 2 main countries that need oil to supply good to the world. If you can't see that do some research and get back to me.

don't be a dick, we know that and it is our country that is against E-85. I'm not belittling anyone so don't start. My points were and are this Bush to blame is not just him but future politicians whomever runs this joint. They'll have to deal with a plan and leaving and letting terrorist have it all is dumb.

and why do you say that it is "our country" that is against E85? Are YOU against E85? I'm not. I don't know a soul who is. How can that be and yet, it is OUR COUNTRY who is against this miracle fuel which will dramatically reduce our dependence on foreign OIL and concurrently reduce the profitablity of OIL companies? hmmmmmm?

• Thanks
Reactions: 90K

Forum List

Back