another Bush appointee going to prison

Truthmatters

Diamond Member
May 10, 2007
http://tinyurl.com/2ufn84

Former deputy interior secretary J. Steven Griles amitted to lieing in the Abramoff scandal.

He had four girlfriends and Abramhoff helped him keep them happy with jobs and money.

• Banned
He was second in command of the interior.

This is who your guy chose.

You see these things take a while to get to the bottom of.

Its not the End of the trail in the Abramhoff scandal either.

You can roll your eyes and pretend it doesnt matter but this has been a massively corrupt admin in almost every aspect of government.

They think America is their personal profit center and you are paying their salaries as well as supporting them while they drain money from our assets.

He was second in command of the interior.

This is who your guy chose.

You see these things take a while to get to the bottom of.

Its not the End of the trail in the Abramhoff scandal either.

You can roll your eyes and pretend it doesnt matter but this has been a massively corrupt admin in almost every aspect of government.

They think America is their personal profit center and you are paying their salaries as well as supporting them while they drain money from our assets.

I can roll my eyes because you are a partisan hack on yet another fishing expedition.

The fact of the matter is real simple ... the investigation was already being conducted so no one was getting away with anything. The military does not do fast investigations. Not even one that I ever saw. It's called making sure have a case with all the "i's" dotted and "t's" crossed BEFORE presenting a case. Nor is the military in the habit of keeping the MSM informed of its every step to try and appease witch-hunters like you.

The only relevance to when some bureaucrat way up in the chain saw some evidence of a crime ALREADY being investigated to actual events is what you've dreamed up in your mind.

Crimes are processed in the military daily, just as they are on the outside, just fine without your knowledge nor reading some conspiratorial bullshit into them. The only thing different about this one is you leftwingnuts politicizing it, and your lame-ass attempts to link it any higher than local command problem and violations of the law by some sadistic guards.

• Banned
Commenting on news is a fishing expedition?

This happened very recently am I supposed to pretend it didnt happen?

Look you guys dont seem to understand that it is perfectly fine to commnet on the news.

I believe that the Current R party is very corrupt.

I dont think Republicans are terrible people but I do think the ones who have been I control of the republican party over the last couple of decades are a pack of corrupt liars.

Stories like this constantly coming out is why I think this.

Now what is wrong with trying to show people the facts to prove what you believe?

Nothing is wrong with it is there.

When you have nothing but personal insults in return it merely shows how weak your party is to refute the facts that corruption is rampant in the hiarchy of your party.

Why do you continue to support a party which subverts your own honorable ideas?

Look you guys dont seem to understand that it is perfectly fine to commnet on the news.

I dont think Republicans are terrible people but I do think the ones who have been I control of the republican party over the last couple of decades are a pack of corrupt liars.

Now what is wrong with trying to show people the facts to prove what you believe?

When you have nothing but personal insults in return it merely shows how weak your party is to refute the facts that corruption is rampant in the hiarchy of your party.

You are the one who isn't getting it. Many of us criticize many of the things the administration is doing. With that kept in focus, trying to tie corruption in political appointees to the real problems or successes of an administration is just nonsense. Anyone with access to Nexis/Lexis can do the same to any executive. Granted, Chicago is just too easy. ;)

yeah, Heaven forbid you consider stories like this continually coming out to be the result of a political agenda. There's just a "higher up" TM drone pumping out bullshit so low-lever TM drones can blindly post it.

Let's get one thing straight .... while YOU made need a political party to think for you and tell you what you are supposed to believe, I belong to NO party. I am neither Republican nor Democrat, and the last time I was either, it was Democrat.

Second, that the Bush administration is rampantly corrupt is pure speculation your part, and Bush and his administration are NOT the GOP. They are part of it.

I have supported the Republicans up to now because they at least don't directly oppose my political beliefs as a party that has no problem with presenting complete fools like Hillary Clinton and Obama as their best representatives to be President of this country.

When the Democrat Party kicks people like you out, or at least shuts you up, and presents a well-thought-out platform that will actually benefit this Nation and its people, I'll have no problem voting for A Dem if they have the better candidate.

That's not likely however. When Jimmy Carter jerked the rug out from under the moderates and gave the podium over to every screwball extremist minority with a cause, he GAVE AWAY us and our votes. The fact that Dems have held the Presidency just 8 of the 37 years since directly reflects.

at some point you have to ask yourself, why there are so many convicted criminals in Bush's adminstration. And in other recent republican adminstrations. Reagan, and Nixon in particular.

To my knowledge, there were only maybe one or two political appointees in the Carter and Clinton adminstrations, who were ever convicted of a crime. And I'm specifically using the word convicted, as opposed to investigated, or indicted/acquited.

when the dem party kicks out people like me?

You mean the ones like me who are interested in truth?

The funnny thing is I have posted an article or two about a Guy who has done nothing but what he was ordered to do and he ended up gettin punished for it.

And you take the side of a politicain instead of him?

This says a very large amount about who you really are and not how you think or say you are.

at some point you have to ask yourself, why there are so many convicted criminals in Bush's adminstration. And in other recent republican adminstrations. Reagan, and Nixon in particular.

To my knowledge, there were only maybe one or two political appointees in the Carter and Clinton adminstrations, who were ever convicted of a crime. And I'm specifically using the word convicted, as opposed to investigated, or indicted/acquited.

Using convicted or plead guilty that I can remember:

Jim Tucker
The Mac Dougals
Robert Palmer
Webb Hubble
Charlie Trie
Johnnie Chung

Using convicted or plead guilty that I can remember:

Jim Tucker
The Mac Dougals
Robert Palmer
Webb Hubble
Charlie Trie
Johnnie Chung

I specifically only counted members of the adminstration that had been convicted. People that Bush or Clinton were directly responsible for appointing and supervising during their term in the oval office.

Most of the people you mentioned, were acquaintences of clintons. They weren't appointees in his adminstration.

If you allowed me to post all of Bush's acquantances who've been convicted, with have to go with Ken Lay, his Enron Buddies, Jack Abramoff and associates, etc.

when the dem party kicks out people like me?

You mean the ones like me who are interested in truth?

The funnny thing is I have posted an article or two about a Guy who has done nothing but what he was ordered to do and he ended up gettin punished for it.

And you take the side of a politicain instead of him?

This says a very large amount about who you really are and not how you think or say you are.

You have no interest in the truth. You post mindless, liberal-biased rhetoric.

You need to rethink your so-called "in-depth analysis." Questioning why you are obviously taking an anti-Bush/administration/Republican stance is not ME taking anyone's side.

The fact that you continue to see what isn't there, whether it be your accusatory thread or my stance speaks volumes as to who and what YOU are as opposed to what you claim to be.

I dont understand how you can compare any of that to the long list of government officails in this admin who have gone to jail and or are under criminal investigation?

Bill Clinton was under constant investigation during his two terms and they couldnt find anything so they went with sex.

This admin has had vurtually no oversight and have had scandal after scangdal emerge.

Just think what the list would look like if they had been investigated the entire time?

This man is there Gunny and he said this.

Pretending he is not there and didnt say this does not an arguement make.

I specifically only counted members of the adminstration that had been convicted. People that Bush or Clinton were directly responsible for appointing and supervising during their term in the oval office.

Most of the people you mentioned, were acquaintences of clintons. They weren't appointees in his adminstration.

If you allowed me to post all of Bush's acquantances who've been convicted, with have to go with Ken Lay, his Enron Buddies, Jack Abramoff and associates, etc.

I'm not even including friends, associates, and acquaintences of Bush. I'm only including people Bush was directly responsible for hiring and supervising as President -- e.g., I'm leaving out Ken Lay, Abramoff, etc.

Please provide a similar list of President Clinton's administration appointees, who were convicted of a crime. ;)

Bush Admin Officials Indicted / Convicted/ Pled Guilty

* Steve Griles: Number two man at Interior Department

* Scooter Libby - Vice President Dick Cheney's chief of staff - resigned after being indicted for Obstruction of Justice, Perjury, and Making False Statements in connection with the investigation stemming from the leak of a CIA operative's identity.

* Lester Crawford - Commissioner, FDA - resigned after only two months on the job. Pled guilty to conflict of interest and making false statements.

* Brian Doyle - Deputy Press Secretary, DHS - Resigned in wake of child sex scandal. Pled no contest to 32 criminal counts.

* Claude Allen - Assistant to the President for Domestic Policy- resigned, pled guilty to shoplifting from Target stores.

* David Safavian - former head of the Office of Federal Procurement Policy at the Office of Management and Budget - convicted of lying to ethics officials and Senate investigators about his ties to lobbyist Jack Abramoff.

* Larry Franklin - intelligence officer, Defense - resigned, pled guilty to passing secrets to Israel.

* Roger Stillwell - desk officer, Interior Department - pled guilty to failing to report Redskins tickets and free dinners from Jack Abramoff.

* Frank Figueroa - senior DHS official, former head of anti-sex-crime Operation Predator - pled no contest to exposing himself to 16-year-old girl in Florida mall. Girl says he fondled himself for ten minutes. Figueroa forfeited his badge, gun, and access to databases; employment status pending internal DHS review.

* Darleen Druyun - senior contracting official, U.S. Air Force - pled guilty and sentenced to nine months in prison for her role in the Boeing tanker lease scandal.

* John Korsmo - chairman, Federal Housing Finance Board - pled guilty last year to lying to the Senate and an inspector general. He swore he had no idea how a list of presidents for FHFB-regulated banks were invited to a fundraiser for his friend's congressional campaign. On the invites, Korsmo was listed as the "Special Guest." Got 18 months of probation.

* P. Trey Sunderland III - chief, Geriatric Psychiatry, Nat'l Institute of Mental Health - admitted to a criminal conflict of interest charge for failing to report $300,000 received from Pfizer, Inc. *As of 12/11/06, still employed by NIMH.

I'm not even including friends, associates, and acquaintences of Bush. I'm only including people Bush was directly responsible for hiring and supervising as President -- e.g., I'm leaving out Ken Lay, Abramoff, etc.

Please provide a similar list of President Clinton's administration appointees, who were convicted of a crime. ;)

Bush Admin Officials Indicted / Convicted/ Pled Guilty

* Steve Griles: Number two man at Interior Department

* Scooter Libby - Vice President Dick Cheney's chief of staff - resigned after being indicted for Obstruction of Justice, Perjury, and Making False Statements in connection with the investigation stemming from the leak of a CIA operative's identity.

* Lester Crawford - Commissioner, FDA - resigned after only two months on the job. Pled guilty to conflict of interest and making false statements.

* Brian Doyle - Deputy Press Secretary, DHS - Resigned in wake of child sex scandal. Pled no contest to 32 criminal counts.

* Claude Allen - Assistant to the President for Domestic Policy- resigned, pled guilty to shoplifting from Target stores.

* David Safavian - former head of the Office of Federal Procurement Policy at the Office of Management and Budget - convicted of lying to ethics officials and Senate investigators about his ties to lobbyist Jack Abramoff.

* Larry Franklin - intelligence officer, Defense - resigned, pled guilty to passing secrets to Israel.

* Roger Stillwell - desk officer, Interior Department - pled guilty to failing to report Redskins tickets and free dinners from Jack Abramoff.

* Frank Figueroa - senior DHS official, former head of anti-sex-crime Operation Predator - pled no contest to exposing himself to 16-year-old girl in Florida mall. Girl says he fondled himself for ten minutes. Figueroa forfeited his badge, gun, and access to databases; employment status pending internal DHS review.

* Darleen Druyun - senior contracting official, U.S. Air Force - pled guilty and sentenced to nine months in prison for her role in the Boeing tanker lease scandal.

* John Korsmo - chairman, Federal Housing Finance Board - pled guilty last year to lying to the Senate and an inspector general. He swore he had no idea how a list of presidents for FHFB-regulated banks were invited to a fundraiser for his friend's congressional campaign. On the invites, Korsmo was listed as the "Special Guest." Got 18 months of probation.

* P. Trey Sunderland III - chief, Geriatric Psychiatry, Nat'l Institute of Mental Health - admitted to a criminal conflict of interest charge for failing to report $300,000 received from Pfizer, Inc. *As of 12/11/06, still employed by NIMH.

Fine, you win.

That is the problem no one wins unless people stop voting for admins who will continue to try and profit off our system instead of doing their jobs.

This is why Americans should never put in office people who say government cant work.

They always prove themselfs right.

Forum List

Back