Another "another inexpensive knife"...

Guards are for children
I guess Bucks are childs' toys.

729152_8ef774c7-d6a1-4c30-906a-689a731fabb8.JPG

It really helps if you know what you are about as far as sharpening goes too.....Sort of a mark of a man.
One can tell you do not if you think there is not more skill in sharpening harder steel to a smoother shaving edge..

Last edited:
You only have to buy the one.
Only one for EDC.

And one for medium game.

And one for self defense.

And one for preparing meals.

And one for batoning wood.

And one for carving.

You're up to $1200 at least.

I'm at $125.

And if I handed you identical knives...one 440C and one CPM...you wouldn't be able to tell the diffenence for a months.

It's just like rifles.

For most of us, any production bolt action rifle...or AR15...right out of the box will be more accurate then 99% of us can shoot.

Spending more might get you a smoother opening...more refined grinds...better steel...but when it comes to using one or the other to do its job of cutting...all you're paying for is the bragging rights...no different than buying a Chevy compared to a Cadillac.

I'd never pay extra for a Cadillac when a Chevy gets me to work just as well.

It has the worst utility blade shape I've ever seen.

Works pretty well though.

Great for meal prep.

Didn't get to try it on small game this year...squirrel and rabbit season ended yesterday.

Have to wait for May.

In the meantime its gonna get new scales...shorter...and probably walnut.

I think I'm going to go with something like this...

Screenshot_20230216-163805~2.png

For meal prep and small game prep it will keep stuff from getting lodged under the scales.

If the tip is too pointed, I'll drop the point a little to be more akin to the Canadian Belt Knife.

Screenshot_20230216-164813-907.png

Last edited:

Forum List

Back