Ann Romney Defends Mitt Against Debate 'Liar' Charges In Fox News Interview

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
By Mollie Reilly

Ann Romney on Tuesday hit back at charges that her husband lied during last week's presidential debate, comparing President Obama's campaign to a petulant child in a "sandbox" who had "lost the game."

In an interview set to air Wednesday morning, Fox News' Martha MacCallum asked Romney for her reaction to criticism of her husband's statements in the debate.

“I mean, lied about what?" she responded. "It’s sort of like someone that’s, you know, in the sandbox that like lost the game and they’re just going to kick sand in someone’s face and say, 'you liar.' I mean, it’s like they lost, and so now they just are going to say, okay, the game, we didn’t like the game. So to me, it’s poor sportsmanship."

Immediately following the debate, Obama's campaign lashed out at Mitt Romney's claims during the debate, blasting his statements as "mostly fiction." The backlash continued Thursday when Obama himself took a direct shot at the Republican during a campaign stop in Denver.

"Romney may dance around his positions but if you want to be president, you owe the American people the truth," Obama said at a rally.

Top Obama advisers David Axelrod and Robert Gibbs also hit hard on the charges while making the Sunday show rounds. Gibbs, on ABC's "This Week," called Romney's debate claims "fundamentally dishonest" and "absolutely crazy," while Axelrod said on CBS' "Face the Nation" that the former governor's statements were "completely unrooted in fact."

Independent fact checking organizations have also questioned some of Romney's claims.

More: Ann Romney Defends Mitt Against Debate 'Liar' Charges In Fox News Interview

By Mollie Reilly

Ann Romney on Tuesday hit back at charges that her husband lied during last week's presidential debate, comparing President Obama's campaign to a petulant child in a "sandbox" who had "lost the game."

In an interview set to air Wednesday morning, Fox News' Martha MacCallum asked Romney for her reaction to criticism of her husband's statements in the debate.

“I mean, lied about what?" she responded. "It’s sort of like someone that’s, you know, in the sandbox that like lost the game and they’re just going to kick sand in someone’s face and say, 'you liar.' I mean, it’s like they lost, and so now they just are going to say, okay, the game, we didn’t like the game. So to me, it’s poor sportsmanship."

Immediately following the debate, Obama's campaign lashed out at Mitt Romney's claims during the debate, blasting his statements as "mostly fiction." The backlash continued Thursday when Obama himself took a direct shot at the Republican during a campaign stop in Denver.

"Romney may dance around his positions but if you want to be president, you owe the American people the truth," Obama said at a rally.

Top Obama advisers David Axelrod and Robert Gibbs also hit hard on the charges while making the Sunday show rounds. Gibbs, on ABC's "This Week," called Romney's debate claims "fundamentally dishonest" and "absolutely crazy," while Axelrod said on CBS' "Face the Nation" that the former governor's statements were "completely unrooted in fact."

Independent fact checking organizations have also questioned some of Romney's claims.
More: Ann Romney Defends Mitt Against Debate 'Liar' Charges In Fox News Interview

What did he lie about?

poor Lakhota,

what an obsessive little troll

Last edited:
Ann Romney Defends Mitt Against Debate 'Liar' Charges In Fox News Interview

She did?!

Wow, shocking.

A politicians wife speaks out on behalf of her huband.

I'm not sure such a thing has ever happened before in US politics.

Thanks for letting us know about this nearly unprecedented event.

She is lying scum like him.

The more Obama's poll numbers go down, the more nutty you get.

I still dont trust poll numbers, but I do enjoy the effect they have on idiots like you.

So have you been decorating that hole you have to crawl into if Obama loses the election?

Forum List

Back