Anime?

My favourite anime is Death Note ,

i watched the live action version, some. Good premise. An excellent cursed item, where hte curse is just the power, that you don't want to pass to anyone else's hands. Yet, if you use it, you develop terrible enemies and then you need it, and then you really can't let it pass...

but on the other hand, it really makes you a target.

If a writer can't make drama with that as a starting point, they really need to rethink their career choices.

Psyco Pass season 1 was pretty good. Season 2 was lacking. Monster is a pretty decent series. Ghost in a Shell is pretty good, a bit dated now. Samurai Champloo is pretty interesting.

Ghost in the shell the anime is amazing i have only seen the first one the film that was made a few years back sucked big time

I do really like Ghost in the Shell. The movie... did ok in my opinion, and seems to a fan of the franchise, disappointing because there were rehashing the origin story.

Adults call it anime because they think it sounds better than cartoons

But it's still cartoons

I'll read a book before I watch a cartoon version of it

Some stories work better in a visual medium. Some stories have aspects that might be very difficult to do in a live action movie.

I read a lot too. And watch very little anime OR cartoons. But there is some that is worth watching.

Home was a fun story, and worth watching, imo, for example.

All the anime I ever watch is older school movies. Never got into much newer stuff or series.

Demon city Shinjuku, devil man, 8 man after, fist of the north star, urotsukodoji, mad bull, dominion tank police, Akira, ninja scroll, ghost in the shell, black cat, and stuff like that.

One punch man is the only thing I ever really liked.

Adults call it anime because they think it sounds better than cartoons

But it's still cartoons
Hey, I like me some cartoons too :cool: If it's well written and has a good plot, who cares whether it's drawn or live action

Plus, if you think drawn media is "childish", then try showing your kid Attack on Titan, Higurashi: When They Cry, Panty and Stocking, Parasyte the Maxim, or Corpse Party. Do it.

Last edited:
And actually, a good number of modern cartoons (like in the US) are far better than US cartoons of the 80's and 90's. They are written far better, have actual continuity, and are actually engaging to older minds. People associate cartoons with child-like thinking and poor writing and being boring if you're over the age of 8, but that's not the case anymore.

I'm almost finished watching K-On!. It's a slice-of-life about a small group of girls in a music club at their high school.
Just started Haikyuu!. It's a sports anime, my first. We'll see how it goes, so far it's really good.
Almost finished with season 5 of My Hero Academia.

Also, I recently found out that "iyashikei" is a genre in Japan--where the anime and/or manga focuses on the mundane and daily life, with the intended purpose to be soothing and "healing" to the audience. Kinda wish we had an equivalent here in the West.

Psyco Pass season 1 was pretty good. Season 2 was lacking. Monster is a pretty decent series. Ghost in a Shell is pretty good, a bit dated now. Samurai Champloo is pretty interesting.
Yes, Pyscho Pass was good! I haven't seen the 2nd season

All the anime I ever watch is older school movies. Never got into much newer stuff or series.

Demon city Shinjuku, devil man, 8 man after, fist of the north star, urotsukodoji, mad bull, dominion tank police, Akira, ninja scroll, ghost in the shell, black cat, and stuff like that.

One punch man is the only thing I ever really liked.
I'm not familiar with the older Devil Man adaptions, but I watched Devilman Crybaby a couple years back. I heard that the director pushed the limits on that series way more than the original manga did, but I wouldn't know, it's just what a friend told me.

okay im going to mention mine. bleach i really recommend watch this its got swords some horror and some great action and visuals. naruto, one piece, beybalde, yu-gi-oh, bakugan, black clover, sakura the card captor, Godzilla singular point , pacific rim black and star wars visions

Forum List

Back