Animal Stories

o-LIBBIE-LOBSTER-570.jpg

When Marybeth Jeitner saw this brightly-colored lobster sitting in a tank at the supermarket, she knew it was something special. How special? According to the University of Maine Lobster Institute, the odds of finding a yellow lobster are one in 30 million............

The yellow lobster is now safe and happy in her new home in the Seacoast Science Center in Rye, New Hampshire.

Rare, Yellow Lobster Rescued From Florida Supermarket

Saw my first wild owl last night. Was on the couch watching tv when I noticed something in my peripheral vision. Thought a balloon blew into the tree at first, then watching it realized it was a bird. Thought it was one of the predatory hawks we have here that eat smaller birds thenr ealized its' wingspan was too big. Staring at it a bit I gradually realized it was an owl. And it's big black eyes were looking right at me. Thinking of a recent 'real aliens abduction' movie, one taking place in Alaska...I remember they used an owl metaphor for aliens peering through windows at people. So I thought to myself, I hope that's really an owl...:)

Dog saves little girl from rattlesnake...

Dog rescued from shelter saves little girl from dangerous snake
Sat May 14, 2016 - The Deluca family rescued Haus the German Shepherd from a Florida animal shelter. Now, he's returned the favor.
The family is calling the recently adopted 2-year-old dog a hero after he saved their 7-year-old daughter, Molly, from a possible bite from a venomous Eastern Diamondback rattlesnake. "He kept jumping back and then forward... and he did it three times. He had every opportunity to run but he didn't," Donya Deluca told CNN affiliate WFLA. She thinks the dog was protecting Molly, keeping himself between the child and the snake.

His act of bravery cost him, though. Haus was bleeding when he was taken to a vet in Tampa. When his leg was shaved, he had three bite marks. The dog is being treated with painkillers and anti-venom medication and is expected to recover, although he may have some kidney damage. Money donated via a fund-raising website is helping to pay his expensive medical costs.

So far, people have given almost $50,000, more than the family expected. "PLEASE -- we feel we have plenty to care for Haus' needs," said the website entry. Any money raised above the medical bills will go to a dog rescue operation and other charities, according to the posts. "It shows you that a rescue dog, for us, paid it forward by protecting my family," Adam DeLuca told WFLA. But for Molly, he's just a regular pooch. "He's a cute dog. I like to smoosh his face," she said.

Rescue dog saves little girl from dangerous snake - CNN.com

Parrot could help prosecute murder suspect

According to the parrot:

“Where will I go,” she replied.

Then, in what family believes are his last words, "Don’t f----ing shoot.”

“I believe with all my heart that those are the last words of Marty,” says former wife Christine Keller. “I recognize two different voices screaming and yelling and it always ends with, ‘Don’t f---ing shoot.'"

Parrot could help prosecute murder suspect

Forum List

Back