Animal lovers..........gotta see this!

Hey.............animals love good music too!!!!

That was really cool.

If you're blessed to live near or in the sticks, it really is amazing what comes out of the trees if you sit out on your porch or wherever with an acoustic.
I just realized from reading your post that deer(Columbia Black Tails anyway) must have an ear for the strings like violin/fiddle & obviously harp music??? Those higher notes(?) really must get their attention/curiosity. It did not register to me back then(66-68) how deer(mostly does/fawns) back then just seemed to materialize(@ longer ranges) when the strings & other music were playing on the ole phonograph we had in the garage. We'd turn the volume up when we were working a fence line etc. so we could hear it @ longer ranges. That Black tail herd eventually was eating vegetables out of our hands as they literally became our yard pets. That did not happen until around early(?) spring of 1967.

Thanks for mentioning the acoustic as I had no idea back then of WHY the Black Tails just suddenly started coming right into our yard other than it was our fenced off vegetable garden that was bringing them in.

I just realized from reading your post that deer(Columbia Black Tails anyway) must have an ear for the strings like violin/fiddle & obviously harp music??? Those higher notes(?) really must get their attention/curiosity. It did not register to me back then(66-68) how deer(mostly does/fawns) back then just seemed to materialize(@ longer ranges) when the strings & other music were playing on the ole phonograph we had in the garage. We'd turn the volume up when we were working a fence line etc. so we could hear it @ longer ranges. That Black tail herd eventually was eating vegetables out of our hands as they literally became our yard pets. That did not happen until around early(?) spring of 1967.

Thanks for mentioning the acoustic as I had no idea back then of WHY the Black Tails just suddenly started coming right into our yard other than it was our fenced off vegetable garden that was bringing them in.

Tuning your acoustic to the 432Hz is where the real magic happens. It's about 1/2 a step down, without going into it too much. That's the calm frequency. The luuuuv frequency. Ha.

Nature is mathematical.

Boy that deer has some really nice looking legs
As a kid we had Columbia Black Tail as yard pets. Those beautiful does & ULTRA PRECIOUS FAWNS were a sight to see with those playful fawns keeping us in stitches from laughing so hard!!! Other than a few instances where a doe or fawn(s) got into the house through an open door the Black Tails were NOT house deer. We sure as heck would have had them in house if we could have seen the below video back then in 67-68 as we did not fully understand their ability to lift up our spirit with their ZANNY antics, like ENJOY!!!!!!!

Talking about fawns.........................:smiliehug::love_ya4:

Good Lord like what a cute lil fart!!! Most city folks in general just can't fathom the sheer beauty/innocence of these magnificent lil creatures that make us humans such wonderful lil buddies! I agree with you wholeHEARTedly like precious beyond words!!!! My priority of favor regarding pets is...

1) + 2) {tied} Kid goats/Fawns fresh out of the chute!!!

3) Foals either filly or colt right out of the womb!!

4) Short Eared Owl matured

The below two images are pretty close to what my Black Pygmy doe goat, Pandora(Pandy) looked like as she matured a skoosh. Color wise the first image is almost identical to Pandy's color scheme to a tee. The 2nd link from the top is more the young Pandys physical shape as a growing kid.

The top image in the link below is 99% a carbon copy of my now deceased neutered buck named Neuman. The ONLY diff between the doe in the image & my Neuman was Neuman had horns about four inches longer & of a lighter color plus Neuman was a buck. The doe almost looks to be getting ready to smile with those lips of hers just like Neuman did! That rounded Roman nose of hers is identical to Neuman's rounded nose.

You already gave us all the image of that so precious lil fawn(thanks so much!).

I ended up with a Short Eared Owl that I purchased from a pet store that was located on N. Division street in Spokane Wa. back in 1972. The owl had been scatter gunned & of course was caged with no medical treatment. The owner of the pet store was asking $125.00 for the owl but I counter offered with a $75.00 offer & a promise to take him to my sisters vet for repair. He quickly accepted my offer as selling a bird of prey was strictly illegal in 1972 as it is also today! The vet could not repair the left wing of the owl but did what he could to aid the owls discomfort. Even though he(male) was not a barn owl I still went ahead & named him "Barney". Too much to say it all here but just take my word for it that a Short Eared Owl makes for a great "family" pet, ONCE the clacking/snapping beak, hissing, puffing up the feathers to look twice as big as he really was & that stare of death gave way to the realization that he did not have to fear us he slowly surrendered to the inevitable. They are not attractive chicks as you can see in the first link below...

but in my opinion the most beautiful of all species of owls when they mature as can be seen in the link below...

Short-eared Owl (Asio flammeus) by Nigel Blake - The Owl Pages

Thanks for your wonderful reply & great vid of that precious lil fawn!

I have considered stop eating chicken too, may be I will in the future.

But the decision has to come from my heart, not because somebody else tells me to. 🙂
Make sure to keep fish oil in your system if going veggie all the way. With no red meat for protein intake could cause you some issues in the future. Always consult with your General Practitioner regarding dietary changes as folks physical bodies are definitely NOT all the same! I eat all kinds of meat regularly with the exception of venison & goat meat. So far I have experienced no dietary disorders except from carbohydrates which are killers.

Funny but morbid fought. What if a hunter popped out at hunting season and shot it, and she was part of the plan
That would be so barbaric but well planed! I mean if that harp brings in the venison like rattling antlers during the rut it's a sure fire venison diner for both the harpster & the rifleman!

I have considered stop eating chicken too, may be I will in the future.

But the decision has to come from my heart, not because somebody else tells me to. 🙂

Of course, that goes without saying. In the meantime, the point stands, when you say “I love all animals” while paying for certain animals to go through abuse and die a horrible death so you can eat their corpse...those words are a bit hollow. :dunno: But that’s all I’m gonna say about that.

Forum List

Back