Anglers fined thousands for ‘over bagging’ on trophy carp river.

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Trophy Carp River....Who knew there was such a thing? Carp are invasive. Must not be much else in CT to fish for but sewer trout.

Anglers fined thousands for ‘over bagging’ on trophy carp river

0a6cb00ab87f915ea5208dd9edb0d34d

Hell I most of those I would pass on when bow-fishing the Shenandoah.

That is a ridiculous law. Carp are nasty invasive fish. Fine them a few bucks for not having a license but they should get an award for helping clean up the river.
No shit.....I never thought I see the day when there was a creel limit on carp, much less a "trophy carp river" in the US.

It's like old Jimmy Simpson who was the game warden back when I was a kid would tell me when he would see me on the river bowfishing, kill every one of those damn things you can.

I'll say this, bowfishing is something you can get a kid started on for pretty cheap and it will keep them entertained with plenty of action. Hell I've been using the same 45# Bear Black Fox recurve and hand-wind reel for 55 years.

No shit.....I never thought I see the day when there was a creel limit on carp, much less a "trophy carp river" in the US.

It's like old Jimmy Simpson who was the game warden back when I was a kid would tell me when he would see me on the river bowfishing, kill every one of those damn things you can.

I'll say this, bowfishing is something you can get a kid started on for pretty cheap and it will keep them entertained with plenty of action. Hell I've been using the same 45# Bear Black Fox recurve and hand-wind reel for 55 years.
I used to fish a brackish water marina back when I lived in Maryland. Those damn carp would mess up all the bass beds. There were country Black people that just loved those things and would fill trash cans full of them. I loved talking to them they were always proud of their special baits and cooking recipes.

I used to fish a brackish water marina back when I lived in Maryland. Those damn carp would mess up all the bass beds. There were country Black people that just loved those things and would fill trash cans full of them. I loved talking to them they were always proud of their special baits and cooking recipes.

They're the same with black Drum.
I caught a huge one that was close to the state record and was going to toss it back when a black guy stopped me and asked if he could have it.
I was like...Knock yourself out.

There was a black family that lived near a creek I would shoot carp in and I'd carry a sack of carp up there for them.

They did not eat them but would grind them up and put it in their garden. They had the best garden you had ever seen too......They would also feed them to their hogs.

LOL....You haven't seen nothing till you see what hogs do to a sack of carp. The only thing left is a few scales. They even root for the blood.

They are all dead now, the old house is gone and four new homes are sitting on the land.....Sigh, time marches on.

Years ago I used to shoot carp with a bow. One time a brought home a carp that went around ten pounds and cut it into filets and sauteed and cooked them on the barbecue. My wife and I both took a bite and spit it out. Carp are bottom feeders and taste like mud.

Forum List

Back