Andy Rooney to Retire

hortysir

In Memorial of 47
Apr 30, 2010
Port Charlotte, FL
Andy Rooney retiring '60 Minutes' segment | PopWatch | EW.com

So it’s a shame — to 60 Minutes fans and, yes, comedians alike — to hear that Rooney will be retiring his “Few Minutes” segment. CBS News announced that the newsman will air his final “Few Minutes” — his 1,097th essay, to be exact — this Sunday, after a whopping 62 years with CBS.

92 years old!!

WOW!!

Recently the only time I tuned in to 60 Minutes was during the last 10 minutes so I could catch what the curmudgeon would rant about.

You'll be missed, Andy

:cool:

Sort of put back at how sudden.

Announce today and retire Sunday???

At that age I hope he doesn't just 'give up', ya know?

He was the reason I stopped watching the program. I much preferred the segment with Shana Alexandra (who was pretty hot even at 40) and James Kirkpatrick.

Good genes... The best gift a parent can give their child.

All I have to say is...

[In the voice of Andy Rooney]
Why do people feel like they have to announce their retirement? It just bugs me.
And why do some people work until they are dead? Shouldn't they give their job up so someone who is trying to raise a family can have it? Why do they need all that money? Do they plan on burying it with them when they die?

In a nutshell....Andy Rooney lost my interest at least a decade ago. He turned into a nonsensical-irrelevant and often boring rant session about paperclips or something.
I am glad he finally quit...maybe now someone can have his segment that will talk about something ANYONE cares about.

All I have to say is...

Why do people feel like they have to announce their retirement? It just bugs me.
And why do some people work until they are dead? Shouldn't they give their job up so someone who is trying to raise a family can have it? Why do they need all that money? Do they plan on burying it with them when they die?

In a nutshell....Andy Rooney lost my interest at least a decade ago. He turned into a nonsensical-irrelevant and often boring rant session about paperclips or something.
I am glad he finally quit...maybe now someone can have his segment that will talk about something ANYONE cares about.

I'll take it, I can rant about paperclips though my eyebrows may not be bushy enough.

All I have to say is...

(In an Andy Rooney voice) "You know what bugs me? Comedians who don't know they're not funny anymore"

I won't miss Andy because like "iamwhatiseem". I stopped watching him years ago.

So what if he wasn't wrapped up in modern pop culture.
That's why I enjoyed listening to him.
It was similar to listening to my grandpa tell a story.

I hope he's not replaced with a Dancing with the Stars or American Idol advocate.

I like staplers.....
:cool:

I liked Andy Rooney as a kid. I wish him well. He had a WWII-man kind of charm that I liked. Those men are disappearing, replaced by loudmouth jerks and males who say "dude".

New Topics

Forum List

Back