And Your Idiot Gov't Knew This

Virtually every hospital within 100 miles of where I live is laying off nursing and administrative staff.
Very-very-very dangerous. Just how many people will suffer or even die because of understaffed/overworked nursing?

I don't see anyone in this thread capable of being reasonable, but in the event someone in that category shows up...

If healthcare costs are a problem, and if you believe that healthcare costs need to come down, or at least be slowed in their rates of increase,

where do you think savings are going to come from?

Labor is a huge cost in healthcare.

On the other hand, if you're happy that your healthcare is so expensive, and you're willing to pay the price of keeping everyone in that sector working, and getting better pay, well,

that's your choice.

I don't see anyone in this thread capable of being reasonable, but in the event someone in that category shows up...

If healthcare costs are a problem, and if you believe that healthcare costs need to come down, or at least be slowed in their rates of increase,

On the other hand, if you're happy that your healthcare is so expensive, and you're willing to pay the price of keeping everyone in that sector working, and getting better pay, well,

that's your choice.
You libtards and obamaturd are the problem, you are sooooo stupid.

that's your choice.

That's something an 8 year old would say. Do you have an adult personality in there who might want to contribute?

that's your choice.

That's something an 8 year old would say. Do you have an adult personality in there who might want to contribute?
I pointed out that obamatrurd and you libtards with the backing of the commies are the problem in this country.

Let us assume that the following information is correct, what is it that either side proposes to do? Just bitchin' ain't gonna fix anything.

Health insurance costs in the United States - Ask.com Encyclopedia

In 2004, employer-sponsored health insurance premiums grew 11.2% to $9950 for family coverage, and $3695 for a single person, according to a survey by the Kaiser Family Foundation and Health Research and Education Trust. The survey also found that 61% of workers were receiving employer sponsored health insurance. [3]

Five years later, Kaiser’s 2009 survey found that employer health insurance premiums were $13,375 for a family and $4824 for a single person. About 60% of workers were receiving employer sponsored health insurance. Less than half (46%) of employees at small firms with 3 to 9 workers received coverage. As of 2008, the percentage of Americans receiving employer sponsored health insurance had declined for the eighth consecutive year, says the Kaiser Family Foundation.[4]

From 1999 to 2009, Kaiser found that the insurance premiums had climbed 131% or 13.1% per year, and workers’ contribution toward paying that premium jumped 128% or 12.8% per year. In 1999, workers’ average contribution to the premium was $1543, and in 2009 it was $3515. For employers, their contribution was $4247 in 1999 and $9860 in 2009. [5]

In my opinion there are two options, cost containment or more money put into the system.

It appears that the right has chosen cost containment and the left has op'ed for putting more money into the system. Medicare and Medicaid are both cost containment vehicles, in my opinion. So with more people getting on those programs it seems to me that cost containment may be a result of Obamacare. But so far what I see is more people being forced into something they don't want to be forced into.

But, in my opinion, I think young people should be in the system and here is why. The rate of insurance is increasing every year and I see nothing stopping it. So when a person gets old and can no longer work, or has a pension, they still need health care which is much more expensive then when they were young. So if all the young workers making more money pay into the system at a lower rate then the old person can possibly it should work out in the end that the next generation takes care of the when they are old. Certainly during the transition period, between not everyone being covered and now covered, seem unfair I think in the long run it is really the only option.

With that said I don't want to see the influx of money just making the health care industry just more greedy and I think they are in some cases.

Where is the waste that causes the US to spend nearly twice that of other countries for virtually the same level of care?

stephen-kemble-graph-nov172011.jpg

Medical industry greed is the sickness that is the problem. "Physician, heal thy self".

It's YOUR government. You voted, or didn't vote. You have the government that you created, by allowing corporate business to buy the congress and White House. The Medical industry, pharmaceutical industry, insurance industry, oil industry, and military industrial contractors have bought YOUR government. You have what you allowed to become reality.

that's your choice.

How about THIS choice??

A) Recognize ACA was passed on a lie that there were 46 million uninsured when among those 46m were 10m illegals, 14m already covered by Medicaid and 18m that don't want or NEED even though they make over $50k and refuse to participate??? That left 4 million truly uninsured!
B) Recognize the $850 billion a year 90% of doctors say they bill insurance/Medicare strictly out of FEAR of being sued? Why not work on reducing that by 20%??
C) Most hospitals because of EMTALA overcharge Medicare/companies sometimes by 6,000% because of EMTALA!

Solution is tax lawyers $270 billion 10% just as ACA taxes tanning salons.
Use the $27 billion to pay the $5,000 premium for each of the truly 4 million uninsured.
Audit hospitals making sure they aren't overbilling Medicare/Ins. cos. as they must for the uninsured file claims for the uninsured with companies paid by the lawyers' tax!

That simple solution would reduce health care claims easily by $100 billion a year and reduce then insurance premiums because I KNOW the majority of people have
no idea that each health insurance company selling in states must file premium rates with insurance regulators. And if any companies medical liability ratio (which is
how much of premium is paid out in claims) is less then 80% then they can't get premium increases!
Since the companies file financials with the states under penalties they would see the MLR was 80% or less! Then no premium increase.. but in most cases DECREASES!

I don't see anyone in this thread capable of being reasonable, ...blah blah blah hyperbole blah

All I said was all the hospitals in my area are laying off nurses and administrative staff.
I offered no comment, only stating what is happening here.
How is this "unreasonable".
Get off your horse much? :eusa_hand:

Medical industry greed is the sickness that is the problem. "Physician, heal thy self".

It's YOUR government. You voted, or didn't vote. You have the government that you created, by allowing corporate business to buy the congress and White House. The Medical industry, pharmaceutical industry, insurance industry, oil industry, and military industrial contractors have bought YOUR government. You have what you allowed to become reality.

YOU totally ignored the reality that 90% of doctors say add $850 billion a year in wasted medical expense!
IGNORE this gigantic cost driver and attempt to explain it away...

90% of physicians say they order $850 billion a year in wasted duplicate tests, referrals all out of FEAR of being SUED!
Physicians estimate the cost of defensive medicine in US at $650 to $850 billion per year
Health News Observer ? Physicians Estimate The Cost Of Defensive Medicine In Us At 650 To 850 Bill Articles

So insurance/Medicare PAYS the above claims because they don't want to contest them!

"In each state, medical malpractice cases represented well under 2 percent of all incoming civil cases"
The median award for successful medical malpractice plaintiffs was $400,000, Average trial was 5 days.

http://www.courtstatistics.org/flashmicrosites/csp/images/ch-18-1.pdf

So think... Why do most malpractice suits go to trail? Because the claims are paid! The cost of defending a physician is why $850 billion is wasted!

that's your choice.

How about THIS choice??

A) Recognize ACA was passed on a lie that there were 46 million uninsured when among those 46m were 10m illegals, 14m already covered by Medicaid and 18m that don't want or NEED even though they make over $50k and refuse to participate??? That left 4 million truly uninsured!
B) Recognize the $850 billion a year 90% of doctors say they bill insurance/Medicare strictly out of FEAR of being sued? Why not work on reducing that by 20%??
C) Most hospitals because of EMTALA overcharge Medicare/companies sometimes by 6,000% because of EMTALA!

Solution is tax lawyers $270 billion 10% just as ACA taxes tanning salons.
Use the $27 billion to pay the $5,000 premium for each of the truly 4 million uninsured.
Audit hospitals making sure they aren't overbilling Medicare/Ins. cos. as they must for the uninsured file claims for the uninsured with companies paid by the lawyers' tax!

That simple solution would reduce health care claims easily by $100 billion a year and reduce then insurance premiums because I KNOW the majority of people have
no idea that each health insurance company selling in states must file premium rates with insurance regulators. And if any companies medical liability ratio (which is
how much of premium is paid out in claims) is less then 80% then they can't get premium increases!
Since the companies file financials with the states under penalties they would see the MLR was 80% or less! Then no premium increase.. but in most cases DECREASES!

All good ideas. By the pie chart that I posted it indicates that necessary administration cost is about 8 percent. Which if totally eliminated would only mean a drop in the bucket, one year of normal increases. It also indicated that 24 percent was wasted administrative cost. Which seems to me, if true, is the one thing we could tackle which would not necessarily have a direct negative impact. Maybe that is why the ACA wants to computerize all medical history. Don't know. But if it will help to save on the 24 percent I am all for doing so.

that's your choice.

Reducing labor INCREASES the costs by decreasing the supply. Healthcare is not a McDonalds, the accessible nurses and doctors translates directly into availability of services. McDonalds can control costs through layoffs because they can still make as many cheeseburgers as before but fewer providers are not going to provide the same level of service.

Real changes are needed. We need to address defensive medicine, over regulation, emergency care, bring cost viability to the customer and add real competition. The ACA makes most of theses problems WORSE, not better. It is a travesty and we are setting the results continually getting worse.

Sent from my ADR8995 using Tapatalk 2

Forum List

Back