And They're Coming Out of the Woodwork

Hobbit

Mar 25, 2004
Near Atlanta, GA
Anybody else notice this? All the liberals who usually spend about 10 minutes logged in a month taking the odd potshot at the President have come back to tell us how much all of us suck because the Republicans lost. They don't have any facts. They don't have anything other than insults. They just declare themselves right and expect us to believe it because THEIR party gained seats. I have a feeling my ignore list is about to double, because crap like that is why I don't listen to Michael Savage, conservative or not. Here's a little sum-up of the facts they're all getting wrong.

Corruption was the number one issue in the exit polls, and immigration wasn't even a choice on the poll. This is neither a referendum on Iraq nor a vote on Bush himself. Rather, it was a series of individual elections in which people were sick of the practices of the incumbents.

Conservatism has not failed. The Republican party has not been kicked in the teeth for being conservative. That would be impossible, as they haven't been conservative since about 2002 when they realized they held the power to do whatever. Their lack of conservatism is why they lost. Claiming Republicans lost because conservatism failed would be like saying the Soviet Union collapsed because capitalism failed.

This is not the death of the Republican Party. In 1976, Jimmy Carter was elected and the Democrats controlled congress. The result was the Reagan conservative revolution. 1992, Bill Clinton was elected while the Democrats controlled congress. Two years later, Newt Gingrich's "Contract With America" spurred another conservative revolution. I'd say we'll be due for another one by 2012 at the latest, possibly sooner as the Democrats are much farther left than they were in 1980 or 1994.

The troops are not leaving Iraq. President Bush has sole discretion over deployment of the troops, and he's not moving them. Congress could cut the funding for the war off, but that would be political suicide for anybody not from the bluest of the blue districts. Plus, that would be vetoed and the Democrats don't have the votes necessary to override.

Many of the Democrats elected were quite conservative for Democrats, but they won't be for long. Pelosi is notorious for whipping freshman representatives into line with the party.

Rumsfield was not 'fired,' nor did he quite to garner support. If that was the case, he would have done it BEFORE the election, when it might have actually mattered

Anyway, I've had my say. If you want to come in just to make fun of me, don't expect a response.

My observations may be a bit different, but I'm certainly amused by our liberal friends. Mr. Conley pointed out that when GW won 2 years ago, most of us weren't sore winners. Actually I remember telling some posters, don't worry they'd get another shot in 2 years.

I've just been bopping around, but tbore posted basically that winning wasn't enough, they had to do something more about conservatives. Then there's Jillian, usually quite reasonable, that jumps all over a post of mine, which she agreed that she didn't bother to read the link too, just thinks that 'blogger' by nature of being a 'blogger' was attacking or something. :dunno:

Let's see, the dems won. Yep, both houses. If Bush tries to put in any more judges, that aren't ripe for democrats to put on the 9th, I doubt they will get approved. So what can we do? Nothing. We cannot 'obstruct' their agenda, but from the sounds of those that backed the winners, you'd think we could.

Rummy is gone, which is what was wanted? Are they happy? Nope. Some people just can't seem to be.

Well, Jillian's being her usual self, I haven't heard much from Tbor in what seems like months. We rarely here from ST. I'm expecting powerman to drop by just any time.

Like I said, I still have great hope for the future.

And im glad im not the only one who noticed the liberals coming out of the woodwork. it be nice if they stuck around to actually discuss things for a bit.

We just need to hold ourselves to higher standards and live up to them.

I have a feeling that your talking about me. So allow me to say two things:
1. I'm not a true-blue liberal
2. I've said before that the only reason I'm here right now and not enjoying the wonders of totalitarian China is because I wanted to hear the conservative reaction to the election. Good work on figuring that out.

My observations may be a bit different, but I'm certainly amused by our liberal friends. Mr. Conley pointed out that when GW won 2 years ago, most of us weren't sore winners. Actually I remember telling some posters, don't worry they'd get another shot in 2 years.

I've just been bopping around, but tbore posted basically that winning wasn't enough, they had to do something more about conservatives. Then there's Jillian, usually quite reasonable, that jumps all over a post of mine, which she agreed that she didn't bother to read the link too, just thinks that 'blogger' by nature of being a 'blogger' was attacking or something. :dunno:

Let's see, the dems won. Yep, both houses. If Bush tries to put in any more judges, that aren't ripe for democrats to put on the 9th, I doubt they will get approved. So what can we do? Nothing. We cannot 'obstruct' their agenda, but from the sounds of those that backed the winners, you'd think we could.

Rummy is gone, which is what was wanted? Are they happy? Nope. Some people just can't seem to be.

This is because you could give them a no-strings-attached free meal and they would still find something to bitch about. Misery loves company.

The Dems do not have enough seats to override a Presidential veto without Republican help. So the ability to obstruct still exists.

2. I've said before that the only reason I'm here right now and not enjoying the wonders of totalitarian China is because I wanted to hear the conservative reaction to the election. Good work on figuring that out.

Nope, you're being polite, and I respect that. And I know you're not a Pelosi liberal.

My reaction? I don't like it, but I think it's probably for the best. The GOP needed a wake-up call, and it looks like at least some of them get it.

On the contrary, I said that you tried to remind some that civilty in winning can come from both sides. Most of us are from time-to-time bad losers, it's not that hard to be a gracious winner.

Forum List

Back