And the winner is...

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
..."Not Donald Trump."

One doesn't have to look too deeply to recognize the fact that this Presidential election was won by, "Not Donald Trump."

Try as you might, you will not find any convincing threads on this or any other site that make the argument that Joe Biden ought to be our next President, or should be our next President, or even is qualified to be our next President. And the reason is because essentially nobody thinks that. The Democrat campaign was based on three essential statements, one of which was logically preposterous. (1) Orange Man Bad, (2) the pandemic would have played out better if someone else had been in charge, and (3) See (1).

(2) is patently ridiculous and utterly self-contradictory. The essence of this non-analysis is that Trump didn't act quickly enough or definitively enough to shut down the economy, and he is responsible for both the "high number" (compared to what?) of deaths and the high unemployment numbers. How's that again?

If he had shut down the economy more aggressively as the Democrats say he should have, the unemployment, business interruption, and business failures would have been far worse (and a lot of geezers would have lived about six months longer). But he can't be responsible for BOTH the "high" death count AND the crappy economy. He has obviously done everything he could to keep the economy cooking along as vigorously as possible, given the threat level (quite low for working-age humans) of the pandemic.

OK, so "Not Donald Trump" won this election, and I can accept that. "Not Hillary Clinton" combined with "Donald Trump" to win a squeaker in 2016, and I happily lived with that for four years.

But this raises a much more disturbing point. Joe Biden did not even make a pretense of seeking out the best candidate for VP. He openly and proudly announced that he was going to name a TOKEN, without regard for the person's qualifications, politics, or temperament, which sticks us with an insufferable woman whose qualifications are non-existent, and whose politics are the most extreme in modern history. And this from a doddering old codger who will be an old 78 before he even takes the oath of office, and is thus, statistically, the least likely candidate to finish an elective term since FDR in '44.

Seriously, I know this is extreme, but all those posters I saw around my neighborhood were fraudulent. They should not have read, "BIDEN for President," but rather, "Not Donald Trump!"

..."Not Donald Trump."

One doesn't have to look too deeply to recognize the fact that this Presidential election was won by, "Not Donald Trump."

Try as you might, you will not find any convincing threads on this or any other site that make the argument that Joe Biden ought to be our next President, or should be our next President, or even is qualified to be our next President. And the reason is because essentially nobody thinks that. The Democrat campaign was based on three essential statements, one of which was logically preposterous. (1) Orange Man Bad, (2) the pandemic would have played out better if someone else had been in charge, and (3) See (1).

(2) is patently ridiculous and utterly self-contradictory. The essence of this non-analysis is that Trump didn't act quickly enough or definitively enough to shut down the economy, and he is responsible for both the "high number" (compared to what?) of deaths and the high unemployment numbers. How's that again?

If he had shut down the economy more aggressively as the Democrats say he should have, the unemployment, business interruption, and business failures would have been far worse (and a lot of geezers would have lived about six months longer). But he can't be responsible for BOTH the "high" death count AND the crappy economy. He has obviously done everything he could to keep the economy cooking along as vigorously as possible, given the threat level (quite low for working-age humans) of the pandemic.

OK, so "Not Donald Trump" won this election, and I can accept that. "Not Hillary Clinton" combined with "Donald Trump" to win a squeaker in 2016, and I happily lived with that for four years.

But this raises a much more disturbing point. Joe Biden did not even make a pretense of seeking out the best candidate for VP. He openly and proudly announced that he was going to name a TOKEN, without regard for the person's qualifications, politics, or temperament, which sticks us with an insufferable woman whose qualifications are non-existent, and whose politics are the most extreme in modern history. And this from a doddering old codger who will be an old 78 before he even takes the oath of office, and is thus, statistically, the least likely candidate to finish an elective term since FDR in '44.

Seriously, I know this is extreme, but all those posters I saw around my neighborhood were fraudulent. They should not have read, "BIDEN for President," but rather, "Not Donald Trump!"

Honestly, give this a break. You're not convincing anyone with this argument. And stop making excuses for Trump. He fucked up the response to the virus and it cost him the presidency. It was his inaction that led to the shutdowns being necessary in the first place. Yes he is responsible for both. And it rankles me that you absolutely will not lay ANY blame at his feet. All he had to do was actually display an interest in doing the job he was elected to do. If he does that, he sews up his re-election before one vote is cast in the Democratic primaries. Instead, he's out on his ass. Good riddance to bad garbage.

Forum List

Back