AND the Poor GET RICHER!!!

The number of families out on the street is miniscule and unless actively sought as a circumstance temporary. I have personally known many families out on the street. They were members of an ethnic group allergic to caring for themselves, on drugs or both.
I would be a little more careful in formulating an opinion. You could be characterize by that last sentence.

The actual number of homeless families is impossible to know because most of them go to great lengths to keep it secret from the authorities and even other family members. Many of them do not even avail themselves of social services to avoid losing the children. If we had an actual number it would probably astound in it's large number and mostly white demographic.

wow.. I felt sorry for the man with no shoes, until I saw the man with no feet.

Racists and haters have sure found their philosophy...hate the victims of Voodoo and Booosh cronyism and depression. People on welfare and food stamps need a phone to find a job- even a $6 one with 250 minutes. Too bad there aren't any jobs, thanks to Pub disfunction and paralysis of gov't. The hypocrisy is too obvious- see ya in 2012.

Last edited:
The War on Poverty was a Lyndon Johnson thingy.

LBJs war on poverty was a program to help them

Reagans war on poverty was a war to keep them there

There is no rationale for keeping people poor in America except to have a source of cheap labor for businesses. Since the class being discussed in this thread generally doesn't work, and since we have a cheap labor force of illegal immigrants, the government has no clear rationale to keep people on government benefits. Quite the contrary.

Cheap labor is good. helps the overhead

It was around the time of Reagan that the anti-poor rhetoric escalated. The old the poor deserve their lot in life, they are lazy, freeloaders.....unwilling to work

It was also the time that the minimum wage started to fall way behind the cost of living.

Most poor people do work. Not everyone is a welfare queen. Someone making $10 an hour is pulling $20 k per year. Hardly enough to raise a family.

In the 1900s NOT EVEN THE PRESIDENT of the USA, NOR the richest people or MOST powerful kings EVER HAD what the "Rich Poor" have now!

FREE instant communications with each other FREE CELL PHONES!
In 2008, the fund that foots the bill for this program contributed $819 million to subsidize low-income telephone services.
The fund is projected to grow to over $1 billion this year.
That’s $1 billion of over $800 billion the United States will spend on welfare in 2010. Welfare recipients now eligible to receive cell phones
Welfare recipients now eligible to receive cell phones
a) Free Cell phone (my cell phone I PAY is about $100/month)
if the poor person receives just one of the below:
Food stamps * Medicaid * Section 8 * Supplemental Security Income * National School Lunch Program
NO KING or PRESIDENT EVER GOT FREE FOOD!!!
b) 40 million Americans on food stamps get $200/month in free food.

FREE HOUSING for KINGS??? NO THEY HAD to FIGHT for the RIGHT!!
c) about 2.1 million households (6 million) use Section 8 the Housing Choice Voucher program, pays a large
portion of the rents and utilities of or the Housing Choice Voucher Program up to $1,000 /month in FREE housing...

FREE MONEY FROM the Government??
Unheard of EVEN KINGS and monarchs and dictators had to FIGHT each day to keep the coffers coming!!!
BUT THE "RICH POOR in the USA??
1) Don't work. 2) have kids..
=== $ 5,666 in EIC cash, instead of paying in THEY GET!!!

=== $12,000 free housing ,
=== $ 2,400 free food,
=== $ 1,200 in free cell phone plus
=== $ 5,000 a year in free health care from Medicaid.
=== unknown free transportation expenses...

ADD IT ALL UP
$26,000 a year in FREE MONEY, free goods and free services...

NOW tell me a KING or a President in the 1900s that could say they had all of that???
FREE communications.. free food... free shelter AND FREE MONEY!!!

WHERE DO I SIGN UP??
AS more and more people like me are seeing for example MY CELL PHONE $3.00 per month going to provide FREE cell phone!

And yet not one of you would trade places with someone who's poor and trying to seek a job to raise their family.

AND WHY would I want to trade places with people that CAN get a job!
I read my local paper and there are plenty of jobs for those people that are willing to work!
$150 a day picking Apples in Washington!
$7/hr washing dishes in Florida..
AND you still can get a free Cell phone, free rent!

And IF you are one of those NOT working... I have received over 7,000 job notices since Jan 2010 just in emails alone..
WHAT IS YOUR excuse?

Steak 'n Shake offers!
24 hour schedule flexibility
"Day One" medical benefits
Meal allowances
Competitive pay
In addition to great benefits, Steak 'n Shake employees love the people they work with. Join the Steak 'n Shake team and have an impact on peoples' lives by making their work environment fun and exciting!

Current opportunities near you may include:

Team Member
Server
Dishwasher

JOB TITLE LOCATION DISTANCE
Hospitality Staff
Security Officer
Customer Experience Manager
Wireless and Computer Sales Associate
Drive-Thru Operators
Sales Representative with HVAC experience
Mortgage Processors Needed
Sr Sales Associate
Pizza Hut Assistant General Manager

And that is JUST ONE email!!!!

Sounds to me like Obama's policies are working then!!!!!

Oh Lord, I see it's another nutter's-free-fest today. Complaining that the poor are "rich" because Kings in 1900 didn't have cell phones? This is really supposed to be taken seriously? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

In the 1900s NOT EVEN THE PRESIDENT of the USA, NOR the richest people or MOST powerful kings EVER HAD what the "Rich Poor" have now!

In 2008, the fund that foots the bill for this program contributed $819 million to subsidize low-income telephone services.
That’s $1 billion of over $800 billion the United States will spend on welfare in 2010. Welfare recipients now eligible to receive cell phones
Food stamps * Medicaid * Section 8 * Supplemental Security Income * National School Lunch Program

c) about 2.1 million households (6 million) use Section 8 the Housing Choice Voucher program, pays a large
portion of the rents and utilities of or the Housing Choice Voucher Program up to $1,000 /month in FREE housing...

Unheard of EVEN KINGS and monarchs and dictators had to FIGHT each day to keep the coffers coming!!!

=== $ 2,400 free food,

ADD IT ALL UP

NOW tell me a KING or a President in the 1900s that could say they had all of that???

WHERE DO I SIGN UP??
AS more and more people like me are seeing for example MY CELL PHONE $3.00 per month going to provide FREE cell phone!

You're right, we should tax the poor enough so that their standard of living is reduced to that of a feudal serf.

LBJs war on poverty was a program to help them

Reagans war on poverty was a war to keep them there

There is no rationale for keeping people poor in America except to have a source of cheap labor for businesses. Since the class being discussed in this thread generally doesn't work, and since we have a cheap labor force of illegal immigrants, the government has no clear rationale to keep people on government benefits. Quite the contrary.

It was around the time of Reagan that the anti-poor rhetoric escalated. The old the poor deserve their lot in life, they are lazy, freeloaders.....unwilling to work

It was also the time that the minimum wage started to fall way behind the cost of living.

Most poor people do work. Not everyone is a welfare queen. Someone making $10 an hour is pulling $20 k per year. Hardly enough to raise a family.

Well I pay 30K in taxes, so I'm supporting a second family. Funny, they never send me a thank you note.

AND the Poor GET RICHER!!
......And, Michele Bachmann FINALLY got a fully-fuctioning BRAIN!!!!!

529.gif
529.gif
529.gif
528.gif

C'mon y'all. The poor don't get richer. The rich get richer, and the poor get children!~

Well I pay 30K in taxes, so I'm supporting a second family. Funny, they never send me a thank you note.

I pay in excess of that yet I do not begrudge them their standing in life

=== $ 2,400 free food,

ADD IT ALL UP

WHERE DO I SIGN UP??

And yet not one of you would trade places with someone who's poor and trying to seek a job to raise their family.

I read my local paper and there are plenty of jobs for those people that are willing to work!

And IF you are one of those NOT working... I have received over 7,000 job notices since Jan 2010 just in emails alone..
WHAT IS YOUR excuse?

Steak 'n Shake offers!
Meal allowances
Competitive pay
In addition to great benefits, Steak 'n Shake employees love the people they work with. Join the Steak 'n Shake team and have an impact on peoples' lives by making their work environment fun and exciting!

Team Member
Server
Dishwasher

Hospitality Staff
Security Officer
Drive-Thru Operators
Sr Sales Associate

The OP is an example of not one ounce of objective thinking was required to start this thread and the above post is just a glaring example of not acknowledging the real world.
Healthmyths made this claim earlier in another thread. He is basically calling all unemployed people lazy.
But then there's facts:

Vital Signs: 4.5 Unemployed for Each Job Opening
Vital Signs: Four Unemployed for Each Job Opening - Real Time Economics - WSJ

It's a fact, that the lack of jobs has lead to an increase in poverty. So instead of banging on the victims, why not bang on the job creators that aren't creating new jobs despite record corporate profits?

Last edited:

WHAT IS YOUR excuse?

Steak 'n Shake offers!
Meal allowances
Competitive pay

Team Member
Server
Dishwasher

Hospitality Staff
Security Officer
Drive-Thru Operators
Sr Sales Associate

The OP is an example of not one ounce of objective thinking was required to start this thread and the above post is just a glaring example of not acknowledging the real world.
Healthmyths made this claim earlier in another thread. He is basically calling all unemployed people lazy.
But then there's facts:

Vital Signs: 4.5 Unemployed for Each Job Opening
Vital Signs: Four Unemployed for Each Job Opening - Real Time Economics - WSJ

It's a fact, that the lack of jobs has lead to an increase in poverty. So instead of banging on the victims, why not bang on the job creators that aren't creating new jobs despite record corporate profits?
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3GnWTy8Ebg]"There You Go Again!" ~ Ronald Reagan - YouTube[/ame]

.....Pickin'-on those pooooooooooooooor......

Nor do I. I have been in their homes and I see, not only the reasons for their poverty, but also how they live. I wouldn't trade places.

Nor do I. I have been in their homes and I see, not only the reasons for their poverty, but also how they live. I wouldn't trade places.

Ok, I have to ask. What "reasons" do you see in their homes for their poverty? And how do they live so differently than anyone else?

Please be specific.

So, we have a safety net for those who have lost their incomes for whatever reason. And you would just throw them out on the street? You prefer Dickesonian England for an example of what society should be, I take it.

:lol::lol::lol: You call it a safety net for the poor to get a a free cell phone?? That is a privilege not a right

And when does the safety net go away 3 years , 5 years, a life time???:cuckoo:

Ok, I have to ask. What "reasons" do you see in their homes for their poverty? And how do they live so differently than anyone else?

Please be specific.

The ones I saw had chronic mental illnesses. But low IQ is also a factor for some. Some may be malingering. But even malingering is a DSM-IV diagnosis, they the too are ill.

Living in the projects, where I heard gunfire when I was there on more than one occasion, has its own set of stressors. It is difficult to describe their conditions, the smells, the sights, the pathos. One pretty much has to go there and go into their homes and see for themselves. Their lives are not to be envied.

Nothing is ever free.....

Someone is paying for all of it......... just not the ones receiving it.

Forum List

Back