and so it starts again

Auld Phart

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 3, 2013
Lawmaker: Second Amendment Applies to Muskets, So Eliminate Assault Weapons

"Rep. Bonnie Watson Coleman (D-N.C.) joined other Democrats to call for the reinstatement of the federal assault weapons ban, arguing that the Second Amendment only applies to muskets"

Okay Bonnie.

Guess you also want to start driving a horse and buggy, give up your cell phone, and using mass media to get reelected.

You'd love it.

No phone, no lights, no motorcar,
not a single luxury.

Such a stupid argument. Seriously. Brain dead.
I guess gay marriage isn't really constitutional, either?

Such a stupid argument. Seriously. Brain dead.
I guess gay marriage isn't really constitutional, either?

I don't remember anything in the Constitution about marriage of any kind

Banning assault weapons will not stop the next mass shooting but the Progressive Liberal does not care about this reality.

The Progressive Liberal did not learn from the last assault weapon ban and will never learn. Also the Democratic Party had the House and Senate along with the White House from 2009 to 2011 and failed to pass another ban and now want one?

Reason why is because it is a wedge issue like Immigration Reform and they ( Democratic Leadership ) hope the ignorant voter does not realize they fail to carry through with their promises when they have the power to do something.

Now remember I am against the Assault Weapon Ban because it will not prevent the next terrorist attack and criminals along with terrorists do not care about the law and Democratic Leadership are full of shit with their wish for another ban!

"Rep. Bonnie Watson Coleman (D-N.C.) joined other Democrats to call for the reinstatement of the federal assault weapons ban, arguing that the Second Amendment only applies to muskets"

Okay Bonnie.

Guess you also want to start driving a horse and buggy, give up your cell phone, and using mass media to get reelected.

You'd love it.

not a single luxury.
1. Private citizens in this country do not own assault weapons, though some have semi-automatic rifles that look like assault weapons.
2. James Madison, who wrote the Constitution, believed that the Second Amendment meant citizens were to have the same weapons as the government.

Okay Bonnie.

You'd love it.

not a single luxury.
1. Private citizens in this country do not own assault weapons, though some have semi-automatic rifles that look like assault weapons.
2. James Madison, who wrote the Constitution, believed that the Second Amendment meant citizens were to have the same weapons as the government.

Wrong

You need a special license, and a lengthy background check to qualify

Okay Bonnie.

You'd love it.

not a single luxury.

I'm surprised that she didn't say that the Second Amendment only applies to human appendages.

Okay Bonnie.

You'd love it.

not a single luxury.

I support the right to own weapons, but I dont agree that we should pass a law or not a pass a law solely because the constitution, says so.

I support the right to own weapons, but I dont agree that we should pass a law or not a pass a law solely because the constitution, says so.
Then why have a constution?
to eliminate snap decisions, or laws that get passed before the average american ever hears about it. But if an issue is large enough that its being discussed at a national level for several years, the way this issue has then, whether its constitutional or not is unimportant, and is certainly not an argument in it of itself

Then why have a constution?
to eliminate snap decisions, or laws that get passed before the average american ever hears about it. But if an issue is large enough that its being discussed at a national level for several years, the way this issue has then, whether its constitutional or not is unimportant, and is certainly not an argument in it of itself
I can't disagree with you more. The Constitution is the top law of the land. If the top law can be simply ignored, then all law can be ignored.

The Constitution has an amendment process for when it needs to be changed.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back