And...another three dead in Austin

NRA members aren't responsible for 69% of gun murders, it's been checked and it's really 70.3%. So I wrote a poem in their honour.

The NRA Song

Guns are neat, Guns are sweet
Guns the tool, what makes you cool.
Guns are fine, Guns are mine
Guns are things, that Jesus brings!
Guns for loonies, Guns for cons
Guns for Moonies, Guns for moms!
Guns are fun for everyone,
buy them up by the ton.
Guns for me, Guns for you,
Guns for nuts and children too!
Guns at home, Guns at work,
Guns at play, Guns berserk!
Tons and tons of great big Guns,
Are tons and tons of great big fun!
I’ve got Guns up my nose
‘tween my ears and by my toes.
I’m no fool, I’m so cool,
I take Guns to my school.
I take Guns to my car,
to the store and to the bar.
I got Guns in a drawer,
in my pocket and on the floor.
I got Guns on the wall,
behind the toilet and in the hall.
I got guns in my bed,
one is growing from my head!
Get a Gun and get it fast,
Gun-Gun shoot-shoot is a blast!​

NRA members aren't responsible for 69% of gun murders, it's been checked and it's really 70.3%. So I wrote a poem in their honour.

The NRA Song

buy them up by the ton.
I’ve got Guns up my nose
I take Guns to my car,
I got Guns in a drawer,
I got Guns on the wall,
I got guns in my bed,
How about you supplying a link, Skippy? Or, is it just a yarn of yours?

Good comparison. We have laws to control driving in certain ways...speed limits, etc. but driving isn't banned. Can't do the same for gun ownership?

And we have all kinds of gun laws already just like with driving. And.......states add to those federal gun laws just like driving.
If car accidents start increasing in an area or everywhere.....does the government just let the deaths and injures continue piling up, or do they pass some laws to address the issues? (I'm thinking seat belts, air bags, better construction of the passenger "cage", etc.)

You can't even be a cop without being a pedophile. It's that whole cop mentality of "thinking like a criminal" in order to catch a criminal. Cops are licensed pedophiles
16 year old isnt prepubescent, which is the definition of a pedophile.

This was simply the rape of a minor. Either way. It should be a capital offense

The NRA Song

buy them up by the ton.
I’ve got Guns up my nose
I take Guns to my car,
I got Guns in a drawer,
I got Guns on the wall,
I got guns in my bed,
I'd like to see that source too. If it's true, it's pretty damning.

Good comparison. We have laws to control driving in certain ways...speed limits, etc. but driving isn't banned. Can't do the same for gun ownership?

And we have all kinds of gun laws already just like with driving. And.......states add to those federal gun laws just like driving.
If car accidents start increasing in an area or everywhere.....does the government just let the deaths and injures continue piling up, or do they pass some laws to address the issues? (I'm thinking seat belts, air bags, better construction of the passenger "cage", etc.)
I suggest you visit the closest neighborhood that has at least one gang and ask them to turn in their firearms; but first leave me as the beneficiary of your life insurance policy.

That just became a non story to most of the media. Just an add on he has been caught.
Austin shooting suspect caught: Details emerge about fugitive's arrest as victims identified — Fox News

Elgin? That's outside of Austin.

WITNESSES DESCRIBE AUSTIN SHOOTING SCENE

Police also say a pistol was found in his waistband, and Broderick has now been taken to Travis County Jail.

Broderick is suspected in the fatal shooting of two Hispanic women and one Black man on Sunday in Austin, in what officials believe was a domestic dispute, according to FOX7 Austin.

"The victims were all known to this suspect," interim Austin Police Chief Joseph Chacon said Sunday.

Two of the victims were identified Monday morning as former and current Elgin Independent School District students.

"We are heartbroken by the news of this senseless tragedy, and we extend our deepest condolences to the families of Willie Simmons III and Alyssa Broderick," Elgin ISD Superintendent Jodi Duron said in a statement obtained by FOX7 Austin.

It added that Alyssa Broderick, who withdrew from the district last fall, "was an excellent student and athlete, enrolled in our Early College High School program and played on our girls' basketball team."

Mass shootings spike in 2020 even during a pandemic year.

" Despite the US response to the coronavirus pandemic using sporadic stay-at-home orders and lockdowns, as at November 26 2020 there have been 578 mass shootings so far this year. According to data provided by the Gun Violence Archive, which records mass shooting deaths, this is already significantly above the 417 mass shootings recorded in the whole of 2019. "

And for this year so far,

US has been wracked with several mass shootings in 2021 - ABC ...
abcnews.go.com › US › wireStory
Apr 16, 2021 · After a significant drop in mass shootings in the United States during a pandemic-hit 2020 [which is in conflict with above], this year has seen several deadly ones By The Associated Press April 16, 2021, 5:33 PM

The problem is how we define "mass shooting" in the number of deaths and casualties per incident.

That is a lie.......they are lumping gang shootings in with mass public shootings to scare uninformed Americans.

Americans understand mass public shootings as single individuals walking into a random public space and shooting strangers.

The number of shootings your source uses is lying....these are not those types of shootings....these are criminals in gangs and other activity shooting at other criminals......something that does not touch normal American who do not engage in crime or associate with actual criminals....

Mother Jones collects actual mass public shooting numbers...

2021, 4 so far....

Big difference when you don't lump in gang shootings....

" Despite the US response to the coronavirus pandemic using sporadic stay-at-home orders and lockdowns, as at November 26 2020 there have been 578 mass shootings so far this year. According to data provided by the Gun Violence Archive, which records mass shooting deaths, this is already significantly above the 417 mass shootings recorded in the whole of 2019. "

Apr 16, 2021 · After a significant drop in mass shootings in the United States during a pandemic-hit 2020 [which is in conflict with above], this year has seen several deadly ones By The Associated Press April 16, 2021, 5:33 PM

The problem is how we define "mass shooting" in the number of deaths and casualties per incident.

That is a lie.......they are lumping gang shootings in with mass public shootings to scare uninformed Americans.

Americans understand mass public shootings as single individuals walking into a random public space and shooting strangers.

The number of shootings your source uses is lying....these are not those types of shootings....these are criminals in gangs and other activity shooting at other criminals......something that does not touch normal American who do not engage in crime or associate with actual criminals....

2021, 4 so far....

The evidence is against you.

2021, 4 so far....

Trying to use discreet logic with a ProgBot?!
Shame on you!

Thoughts & Prayers to the victims.
And some say we don't have a gun problem in America.

Tell ya whut , punk.....

The 2A is ALL ABOUT PREVENTING MASS MURDERS.......

Without it, we're talking potentially tens of millions dead at once instead of a few per decade.

Punks like you couldn't care less what history teaches intelligent people.
How many mass murders has the 2nd Amendment stopped so far? Asking for some Native American and Black friends.
12756 to be exact. Why do you ask?
Mass murders. You DO know what those are, right?
Yes that is how many more would have happened if not for the 2nd amendment. Do you not understand English? 12,756
So....I guess you and I have a different definition of "mass murder"....what's yours
Murder of four or more people who are in close proximity to one another in a short period of time.
Ok, I'll accept your definition....I was thinking more like the killing of hundreds or thousands, or even more.
One person dying = tragedy
1000 people dying = statistic

Thanks to our moronic media.

No, it's not thanks to the media. It's thanks to right wingers like you. Trump never talked about those who died other than to say "It is what it is".

The NRA has been telling you for years that YOUR right to have unfettered access to military weapons matters more than the more than 35,000 lives that are lost annually due to gun violence, and yes, suicide is gun violence. That number includes 1000 children every year. Those lives are a small price to pay for your right to bear arms. What the actual fuck??????

Mitch McConnell says "2nd Amendment Rights need to be protected", while the flag at the White House has been flying at half staff for the victims of mass public shootings in the USA, since the Atlanta shooting on March 16th. When do the lives of the American people start to matter? Children are having "mass shooter drills" in your public schools. Republicans have created a "Wild West" mentality throughout the nation, where nobody ever takes the bad guys guns away.

Even in the Wild West, when families moved in and settled the towns, nobody but law enforcement had guns inside the town limits. When "civilization" arrived, those people enacted town ordinances to keep their people safe. Republicans have refused to put the "right to life" of its citizens first and foremost.

550,000 people are dead in the USA and Republicans are talking about "survivability", without a thought to the economic costs of testing and treating the more than 30 million Americans who have gotten sick, or the more than 450 million tests administered.

That's why Republicans focus on the occasional death of a white person at the hands of a migrant. And ignore the millions of people who have died their refusal to protect the lives of the American people from gun violence have cost. To gin up outrage over a single white person dying, while ignoring the tens of thousands who die upholding, because of their callous inaction.

Moron......

Suicides don't count....

The Wild West wasn't wild, and everyone carried a gun....in the dumb towns where they made you hand in your guns while in town, the criminals still carried their guns and murdered the lawmen who tried to disarm them...

Americans use their legal guns 1.1 million times a year to stop rapes, robberies and murders.......lives saved from rape, robbery and murder.......

Which do you prefer.....that a woman is raped, tortured and murdered, or she have the option to stop it with a legal gun that she carries for self defense...

10,235 gun murders in 2019. Of those over 70-80% of the victims are criminals...not normal Americans. Of the remaining victims, they are majority friends and family of the criminals caught in the criminal lifestyle of the friend or relative......

That means that normal Americans do no experience gun violence unless they know criminals or live in democrat party controlled cities.....

Meanwhile.....normal Americans use their legal guns 1.1 million times a year....to stop rape, robberies and murders....saving lives every day with legal guns....

Those rapes, murders and robberies will not be stopped if those Americans lose their Right to own and carry guns......

Can you tell which number is bigger?

2021, 4 so far....

The evidence is against you.

No....twit...it isn't............you are using a dishonest source, lying about the shootings to push an agenda...

I am using a left wing, anti-gun extremist news source that actually categorizes shootings by type....

The truth...

US mass shootings, 1982–2021: Data from Mother Jones’ investigation

Dating back to at least 2005, the FBI and leading criminologists essentially defined a mass shooting as a single attack in a public place in which four or more victims were killed. We adopted that baseline for fatalities when we gathered data in 2012 on three decades worth of cases.
-------

• Here is a description of the criteria we use:
    • The perpetrator took the lives of at least four people. A 2008 FBI report identifies an individual as a mass murderer—versus a spree killer or a serial killer—if he kills four or more people in a single incident (not including himself), typically in a single location. (*In 2013, the US government’s fatality baseline was revised down to three; our database reflects this change beginning from Jan. 2013, as detailed above.)
    • The killings were carried out by a lone shooter. (Except in the case of the Columbine massacre and the Westside Middle School killings, which involved two shooters.)
    • The shootings occurred in a public place. (Except in the case of a party on private property in Crandon, Wisconsin, and another in Seattle, where crowds of strangers had gathered, essentially constituting a public crowd.)
    • Crimes primarily related to gang activity or armed robbery are not included, nor are mass killings that took place in private homes (often stemming from domestic violence).

• Perpetrators who died or were wounded during the attack are not included in the victim tallies.
    • We included a handful of cases also known as “spree killings“—cases in which the killings occurred in more than one location, but still over a short period of time, that otherwise fit the above criteria.
  • ----------------------
Our research focused on indiscriminate rampages in public places resulting in four or more victims killed by the attacker. We exclude shootings stemming from more conventionally motivated crimes such as armed robbery or gang violence. (Or in which the perpetrators have not been identified.) Other news outlets and researchers have since published larger tallies that include a wide range of gun crimes in which four or more people have been either wounded or killed. While those larger datasets of multiple-victim shootings are useful for studying the broader problem of gun violence, our investigation provides an in-depth look at a distinct phenomenon—from the firearms used and mental health factors to the growing copycat problem. Tracking mass shootings is complex; we believe ours is the most useful approach for studying this specific phenomenon.

Total murders by mass public shooters...1982-2017

knife murders.....2009-2013.....

2009----1,836
2010----1,933
2011----1,611
2012---1,769
2013---1.956
Rifle murder....

2009---351
2010---367
2011---332
2012---298
2013---285

---------
The actual number of mass shootings from Mother Jones.......tell me Mother Jones is part of the NRA moron.....

Here you go...the number of mass public shootings according to Mother Jones...rabid, anti gun, left wing news source.....not the NRA...

The list below comes from the old definition of 4 killed to make a shooting a mass shooting...if you now go to the link there are more than listed below...but that is because Mother Jones changed the list from the time I first posted it...and changed to obama's new standard of only 3 dead to make a mass shooting...

I have put obama's updated number in parenthesis..........

we will see....

US Mass Shootings, 1982-2015: Data From Mother Jones' Investigation

2018... 12

2017: 11 ( 5 according to the old standard)

2015....4 ( obama's new standard....7)

2014....2 (4)

2002 not listed so more than likely 0

1985... not listed so probably 0

1983...not listed so probably 0

Rental Truck in Nice, France, 86 murdered in 5 minutes...

Total number murdered in mass public shootings by year...

Lawn mower deaths every year.... more than 90

Lawnmowers kill more people than bears or sharks or alligators each year

Falling off ladder deaths...300...

Ladder Safety.

2014..... 9
2013..... 36
2012..... 72
2011..... 19
2002...not listed by mother jones
1985...(none listed)
1983 (none listed)

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr64/nvsr64_02.pdf

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr64/nvsr64_02.pdf

Cars, Accidental deaths 2013......35,369

Poisons...accidental deaths 2013....38,851

Alcohol...accidental deaths 2013...29,001

The real problem is that the overwhelming number of killings are by citizens.

No.....the overwhelming number of murders are committed by career criminals, captured by police over and over again, but then released by democrat party judges, prosecutors and politicians......

Another democrat city
What the hell is going on. As soon as Trump leaves we got all this now.
Wait...are you saying that mass shootings didn't happen under Individual One in the last four years?

Had all of these shootings been taking place while Trump was President, the Media and the Democrats would be dotting every line to map this to Trump.
Maybe true. On the other hand. Democrats have been at least trying to come up with a policy in order to reduce these shootings. Policies, by the way, that the GOP universally opposes. The most I see the GOP say is "thoughts and prayers to the victims." Maybe if the GOP actually acknowledges that theirs a link between guns and gun violence the situation would have a chance to improve. But we can't even agree that a AR 15 is a dumb weapon to possess for anything but the zombie apocalypse and therefore should not be legal, I don't have much hope.

The democrats aren't trying to stop gun violence...the democrat party and it's policies are releasing violent gun offenders over and over again......the cops catch them, over and over again, and then democrat party judges, prosecutors and politicans let them out......

Nothing the democrats propose is aimed at reducing gun crime......if they would stop releasing repeat gun offenders , then we could reduce gun crime by over 95%...but they won't ....they let them go.....again and again....

Why is that?

As to the AR-15....it is just another rifle, there is nothing special about it...that you posted what you did, shows you have no idea what you are talking about.

There is no link between guns and gun violence...their is a direct link between gun violence and democrat party catch and release policies for violent gun offenders.....and the democrat party war on the police...

As Americans increased gun ownership over the last 27 years, our gun murder rate went down 49%.....our gun crime rate went down 75%.......so you don't know what you are talking about....

Over the last 27 years, we went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 19.4 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2019...guess what happened...

New Concealed Carry Report For 2020: 19.48 Million Permit Holders, 820,000 More Than Last Year despite many states shutting down issuing permits because of the Coronavirus - Crime Prevention Research Center

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

What caused the spike in murder last year? The democrat party...the demorat party making war on the police in the cities the democrat party controls...

Thoughts & Prayers to the victims.
And some say we don't have a gun problem in America.

Tell ya whut , punk.....

The 2A is ALL ABOUT PREVENTING MASS MURDERS.......

Without it, we're talking potentially tens of millions dead at once instead of a few per decade.

Punks like you couldn't care less what history teaches intelligent people.
How many mass murders has the 2nd Amendment stopped so far? Asking for some Native American and Black friends.
12756 to be exact. Why do you ask?
Mass murders. You DO know what those are, right?
Yes that is how many more would have happened if not for the 2nd amendment. Do you not understand English? 12,756
So....I guess you and I have a different definition of "mass murder"....what's yours
Murder of four or more people who are in close proximity to one another in a short period of time.
Ok, I'll accept your definition....I was thinking more like the killing of hundreds or thousands, or even more.
One person dying = tragedy
1000 people dying = statistic

Thanks to our moronic media.

No, it's not thanks to the media. It's thanks to right wingers like you. Trump never talked about those who died other than to say "It is what it is".

The NRA has been telling you for years that YOUR right to have unfettered access to military weapons matters more than the more than 35,000 lives that are lost annually due to gun violence, and yes, suicide is gun violence. That number includes 1000 children every year. Those lives are a small price to pay for your right to bear arms. What the actual fuck??????

Mitch McConnell says "2nd Amendment Rights need to be protected", while the flag at the White House has been flying at half staff for the victims of mass public shootings in the USA, since the Atlanta shooting on March 16th. When do the lives of the American people start to matter? Children are having "mass shooter drills" in your public schools. Republicans have created a "Wild West" mentality throughout the nation, where nobody ever takes the bad guys guns away.

Even in the Wild West, when families moved in and settled the towns, nobody but law enforcement had guns inside the town limits. When "civilization" arrived, those people enacted town ordinances to keep their people safe. Republicans have refused to put the "right to life" of its citizens first and foremost.

550,000 people are dead in the USA and Republicans are talking about "survivability", without a thought to the economic costs of testing and treating the more than 30 million Americans who have gotten sick, or the more than 450 million tests administered.

That's why Republicans focus on the occasional death of a white person at the hands of a migrant. And ignore the millions of people who have died their refusal to protect the lives of the American people from gun violence have cost.
How many lives are lost due to traffic accidents? Should we stop driving cars? How many lives and rapes do guns protect people from experiencing. I don't believe those COVID death numbers.

"Jews invented whining" --- Dragonlady.
Driving is a privilege

gun ownership and personal defense are a right

New Topics

Forum List

Back