And...another three dead in Austin

Mass shootings spike in 2020 even during a pandemic year.

" Despite the US response to the coronavirus pandemic using sporadic stay-at-home orders and lockdowns, as at November 26 2020 there have been 578 mass shootings so far this year. According to data provided by the Gun Violence Archive, which records mass shooting deaths, this is already significantly above the 417 mass shootings recorded in the whole of 2019. "

And for this year so far,

US has been wracked with several mass shootings in 2021 - ABC ...
abcnews.go.com › US › wireStory
Apr 16, 2021 · After a significant drop in mass shootings in the United States during a pandemic-hit 2020 [which is in conflict with above], this year has seen several deadly ones By The Associated Press April 16, 2021, 5:33 PM

The problem is how we define "mass shooting" in the number of deaths and casualties per incident.

Thoughts & Prayers to the victims.
And some say we don't have a gun problem in America.

Tell ya whut , punk.....

The 2A is ALL ABOUT PREVENTING MASS MURDERS.......

Without it, we're talking potentially tens of millions dead at once instead of a few per decade.

Punks like you couldn't care less what history teaches intelligent people.
How many mass murders has the 2nd Amendment stopped so far? Asking for some Native American and Black friends.
12756 to be exact. Why do you ask?
Mass murders. You DO know what those are, right?
Yes that is how many more would have happened if not for the 2nd amendment. Do you not understand English? 12,756
So....I guess you and I have a different definition of "mass murder"....what's yours
Murder of four or more people who are in close proximity to one another in a short period of time.
Ok, I'll accept your definition....I was thinking more like the killing of hundreds or thousands, or even more.
One person dying = tragedy
1000 people dying = statistic

Thanks to our moronic media.

No, it's not thanks to the media. It's thanks to right wingers like you. Trump never talked about those who died other than to say "It is what it is".

The NRA has been telling you for years that YOUR right to have unfettered access to military weapons matters more than the more than 35,000 lives that are lost annually due to gun violence, and yes, suicide is gun violence. That number includes 1000 children every year. Those lives are a small price to pay for your right to bear arms. What the actual fuck??????

Mitch McConnell says "2nd Amendment Rights need to be protected", while the flag at the White House has been flying at half staff for the victims of mass public shootings in the USA, since the Atlanta shooting on March 16th. When do the lives of the American people start to matter? Children are having "mass shooter drills" in your public schools. Republicans have created a "Wild West" mentality throughout the nation, where nobody ever takes the bad guys guns away.

Even in the Wild West, when families moved in and settled the towns, nobody but law enforcement had guns inside the town limits. When "civilization" arrived, those people enacted town ordinances to keep their people safe. Republicans have refused to put the "right to life" of its citizens first and foremost.

550,000 people are dead in the USA and Republicans are talking about "survivability", without a thought to the economic costs of testing and treating the more than 30 million Americans who have gotten sick, or the more than 450 million tests administered.

That's why Republicans focus on the occasional death of a white person at the hands of a migrant. And ignore the millions of people who have died their refusal to protect the lives of the American people from gun violence have cost. To gin up outrage over a single white person dying, while ignoring the tens of thousands who die upholding, because of their callous inaction.

Last edited:
..blacks commit rape at TWICE the rate of whites

Here we go again, the USMB stats liar is back on the scene.
If a single teenage woman becomes pregnant and is younger then legal age, is that rape? We never here of anyone arrested for it with all of those [pregnancies and abortions. So is there an official rape criminal act and an unofficial one that can possibly be more then the poster typed? Over 70% single parents in the African American communities.

Tell ya whut , punk.....

Without it, we're talking potentially tens of millions dead at once instead of a few per decade.

How many mass murders has the 2nd Amendment stopped so far? Asking for some Native American and Black friends.
Yes that is how many more would have happened if not for the 2nd amendment. Do you not understand English? 12,756
So....I guess you and I have a different definition of "mass murder"....what's yours
Murder of four or more people who are in close proximity to one another in a short period of time.
Ok, I'll accept your definition....I was thinking more like the killing of hundreds or thousands, or even more.

No, it's not thanks to the media. It's thanks to right wingers like you. Trump never talked about those who died other than to say "It is what it is".

The NRA has been telling you for years that YOUR right to have unfettered access to military weapons matters more than the more than 35,000 lives that are lost annually due to gun violence, and yes, suicide is gun violence. That number includes 1000 children every year. Those lives are a small price to pay for your right to bear arms. What the actual fuck??????

Mitch McConnell says "2nd Amendment Rights need to be protected", while the flag at the White House has been flying at half staff for the victims of mass public shootings in the USA, since the Atlanta shooting on March 16th. When do the lives of the American people start to matter? Children are having "mass shooter drills" in your public schools. Republicans have created a "Wild West" mentality throughout the nation, where nobody ever takes the bad guys guns away.

Even in the Wild West, when families moved in and settled the towns, nobody but law enforcement had guns inside the town limits. When "civilization" arrived, those people enacted town ordinances to keep their people safe. Republicans have refused to put the "right to life" of its citizens first and foremost.

550,000 people are dead in the USA and Republicans are talking about "survivability", without a thought to the economic costs of testing and treating the more than 30 million Americans who have gotten sick, or the more than 450 million tests administered.

That's why Republicans focus on the occasional death of a white person at the hands of a migrant. And ignore the millions of people who have died their refusal to protect the lives of the American people from gun violence have cost.
How many lives are lost due to traffic accidents? Should we stop driving cars? How many lives and rapes do guns protect people from experiencing. I don't believe those COVID death numbers.

"Jews invented whining" --- Dragonlady.

That's why Republicans focus on the occasional death of a white person at the hands of a migrant. And ignore the millions of people who have died their refusal to protect the lives of the American people from gun violence have cost.

If it were up to us Republicans, every murderer would get the death penalty; a penalty that's always been fought against by the left.

The difference between my American neighbor going out and killing somebody and an illegal immigrant is that I can't stop my neighbor from killing somebody. But we can stop the illegal from killing an American by stopping them from coming here, again, another thing the left is against.

Recreational narcotics have been against the law and punishable by prison as long as I've been alive. Yet we have more OD deaths than ever in history. How can that be? Well it can be because laws don't stop bad people from getting what they want. It's why they are criminals in the first place.

So what the commies want to do is take guns away from law abiding people leaving us with only the criminals, police and military to have guns. They rest of us? Totally defenseless against the armed criminal.

People who have no access to guns and are suicidal find other ways to kill themselves. It's why they put up netting at the Golden Gate bridge. So many people were jumping off the thing to kill themselves. My cousin who lived in Canada at the time came home to find her husband dead. He was in the car with the engine running and door closed.

Another democrat city
What the hell is going on. As soon as Trump leaves we got all this now.
Wait...are you saying that mass shootings didn't happen under Individual One in the last four years?

Had all of these shootings been taking place while Trump was President, the Media and the Democrats would be dotting every line to map this to Trump.
Maybe true. On the other hand. Democrats have been at least trying to come up with a policy in order to reduce these shootings. Policies, by the way, that the GOP universally opposes. The most I see the GOP say is "thoughts and prayers to the victims." Maybe if the GOP actually acknowledges that theirs a link between guns and gun violence the situation would have a chance to improve. But we can't even agree that a AR 15 is a dumb weapon to possess for anything but the zombie apocalypse and therefore should not be legal, I don't have much hope.

Maybe true. On the other hand. Democrats have been at least trying to come up with a policy in order to reduce these shootings. Policies, by the way, that the GOP universally opposes. The most I see the GOP say is "thoughts and prayers to the victims." Maybe if the GOP actually acknowledges that theirs a link between guns and gun violence the situation would have a chance to improve. But we can't even agree that a AR 15 is a dumb weapon to possess for anything but the zombie apocalypse and therefore should not be legal, so I don't have much hope.

We did have an assault weapons ban in this country for ten years. Why wasn't it renewed? Because all statistics showed that it didn't do a lick of good.

Democrats are not trying to make things better, they are trying to make things worse. Their dog and pony shows only fool you, but not us.

Tell ya whut , punk.....

How many lives are lost due to traffic accidents? Should we stop driving cars? How many lives and rapes do guns protect people from experiencing. I don't believe those COVID death numbers.

Good comparison. We have laws to control driving in certain ways...speed limits, etc. but driving isn't banned. Can't do the same for gun ownership?

Good comparison. We have laws to control driving in certain ways...speed limits, etc. but driving isn't banned. Can't do the same for gun ownership?

And we have all kinds of gun laws already just like with driving. And.......states add to those federal gun laws just like driving.

Tell ya whut , punk.....

Of course we can. We do. And we can do more, legally.

Forum List

Back