Ancient Roman chariot unearthed ‘almost intact’ near buried ruins of Pompeii

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
An ornate Roman chariot has been discovered “almost intact” near Italy’s buried city of Pompeii, the archaeological park announced on Saturday, calling it a discovery with “no parallel” in the country.

The four-wheeled processional carriage was found in the portico to a stable where the remains of three horses were unearthed in 2018, including one still in its harness.

Pompeii was buried in boiling lava when Mount Vesuvius erupted in 79 AD, killing between 2,000 and 15,000 people.

That's freaking awesome. I want to go there someday.

An ornate Roman chariot has been discovered “almost intact” near Italy’s buried city of Pompeii, the archaeological park announced on Saturday, calling it a discovery with “no parallel” in the country.

The four-wheeled processional carriage was found in the portico to a stable where the remains of three horses were unearthed in 2018, including one still in its harness.

Pompeii was buried in boiling lava when Mount Vesuvius erupted in 79 AD, killing between 2,000 and 15,000 people.

Definitely awesome! This rivals the recent discovery of an old dog bone found on west coast beating the record for oldest dog bones discovered so far. Seems man had a domesticated best friend way back when traversing the lands going back farther in time than we knew. Now this chariot -completely intact! I'd love to see the excavation site as well!

1614560051845.png

Pompeii is well worth the visit.

*****HAPPY SMILE*****

:)

Wonder if they'll find Bernice that with Paul and Agrippa

View attachment 462842

Pompeii is well worth the visit.

*****HAPPY SMILE*****

:)

It doesn't smell like Rome?

Would like to see the rest of it when they get done dusting it off.

These are Aryan chariots. Latins and Celts were Aryans. Royal patrician Rome was Aryan Rome, and it was a direct continuation of La Tene culture.​

No stinking dog with Romulus and Remus was there​

image130.jpg

Last edited:
Archaeologists find the first war chariots in Siberia, in the Andronovo Region, near Chelyabinsk, at the end of the Bronze Age, 2000 BC. This precedes the beginning of iron, the collapse of the Bronze Age in the Mediterranean and the death of the Fatyanovo culture (around 1800), around this time the first hymns of the Rig Veda appear

Ancient Latin comes from the Protocharian language, it was a sister branch of Vedic, Avestan, Mitannian and Ancient Greek (after Mikken)
The ancient religion of the Latins was a local variant of the Aryan religion. Yupiter is the Aryan Dyaus Pitar.

Gosh these reporters suck. Pompeii was buried in volcanic ash. Not lava.

I have been to Pompeii and it is truly impressive. You need at least three days to see everything. And that is hustling.

Forum List

Back