Ancient message in Genesis to the world

WOW! Such strange comments. Jesus speaking to Peter said he was the rock of revelation. In other words, Peter was the Prophet that he would leave His Church to run it in his absence. Like a President of the Church of Jesus Christ. The rock is revelation. The chief cornerstone of the foundation is Jesus Christ. And, the foundation is prophets and apostles as Paul wrote in Ephesians. Without the foundation when the last apostle disappeared (John) there was no foundation left. Therefore, whatever "Church" or churches were left did not have the same foundation of the rock of revelation to guide and lead them. Paul spoke of an apostacy that would happen and this is what an apostacy is. No communication direct from Jesus Christ to a prophet on this earth.

As far as the "not taste of death" statement is completely false. He did not say that to everyone who was present which were only the apostles. John 21:22 "Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me. 23 Then went this saying abroad among the brethren, that that disciple should not die: yet Jesus said not unto him, He shall not die; but, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee?" Note that only one disciple will not taste death. That was John the Beloved. That doesn't mean he won't eventually die. He will as he will be "transliterated" a state of immortality until Jesus Christ comes again. And, "tarry" means to be working for the Lord in some capacity. But, people will not recognize him either. Incognito.

You are correct about being in tribulation if you are a member of His Church. The only problem, I can only think of one Christian Church that is called out by all others who believe in Christ. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Do you not condemn them?

The RCC's mistranslation of Matthew 16 is easily dismissed by the actual content and context of the Word of God. Making anything esle you might add..........Babblings. The Romans corrupted the actual word of God and brought to us such noble events as the Crusades and Inquisitions.

No........when you read Matthew 16 "in context", you will find that Peter is not the rock that Jesus was speaking of, it was the truth that Peter answered when asked whom he.... Peter thought Jesus was and Peter answered, "You are the Christ, the Son of the Living God (the Messiah of Prophecy)......" and Jesus answered (in context Jesus is addressing the question whom do you say that I AM?), "Blessed are you Simon Barjona (son of Jona) because flesh and blood did not reveal this to you (Peter), but My Father who is in Heaven. And I (Jesus) also say to you, you are Peter and upon this rock (what rock is the subject matter? The truth of Who Jesus was....is the subject matter) I will build MY CHURCH (not Peter's church, not any universal church called the RCC......but MY (Jesus' church). -- Matthew 16:15-19

Peter was given the "keys to the kingdom"...i.e., the church established by the Christ. Peter used those keys in opening the kingdom of God by telling everyone what must be done to enter the kingdom.......Repent, be batpized in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost." (Acts 2:38).

Those Keys? What Peter losed on earth (spoke as a law) would be losed in Heaven. Peter spoke and established the enterance into the kingdom on the day of Pentecost after the ascension of Jesus. The Key? Repent, be baptized, in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost.

And its easy to prove just who the cheif cornerstone of the church (the church of Christ) was and is.........its not Peter. Allow the Holy Ghost inspired writer to tell you just who IS THE ROCK upon which the kingdom of God was established

Old testament prophecy concerning Jesus, "From Him comes the cornerstone......." i.e., THE ROCK that is built upon -- Zech. 10:4

New testament confirmation that Jesus was and is the ROCK......the chief cornerstone upon which a building is constructed.

"Built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with JESUS HIMSELF BEING THE CHIEF CORNERSTONE." -- Eph. 2:20

There are no such thing as Modern Day Apostles or as the RCC would declare POPES. The prerequisites are clear in the scriptures just what the qualification are to be an Apostle of Christ. 1. You had to be with Jesus and see the signs and wonders accomplished by Him from the beginning, from the time of John(the Baptist). 2. You had to be appointed by Jesus Himself or by the Holy Spirit of God. (Acts 2) 3. Seen Jesus alive after the cross. There was only "1" apostle born out of season and that was Paul........when Jesus appointed him when He (Jesus) came to Paul as a blinding light from heaven and appointed Saul....aka Paul as apostle to the Gentiles. 4. Signs and Wonders would accompany an Apostle of Christ.........miracles, such as raising the dead, giving the blind sight...etc.,

Paul was personally called by Christ Himself, witnessed Jesus after the cross.........(Acts 1:17, 22, 25)

Does anyone really accept as truth that the POPE today, or any pervious in history............personally was a part of Jesus' ministry while Jesus was on earth and seen on earth after the cross? What? Are they 2000 year old Popes out there?
Or did Jesus come down from heaven in the form of a blinding light and personally appoint any of these supposed POPES?

Just how many of them were blinded and then had their sight returned? Where are the signs and wonders of these Popes, how many dead have they revived? How many have had their sight returned by a POPE?

All the lineage of supposed POPES were never appointed by the Christ........they were appointed by other men in religious grab.......as established by the tradition of MEN, not God. And over the centuries the RCC has accomplished terrible things in the name of Jesus. Conquest by military might.........sexual crimes against humanity..........garnered great wealth and power in the name of Jesus, attempted to rule the earth from Rome via establishing thier own nation, dictating laws to the majority of the civilized world, making it a crime to hold any faith other than Roman Catholicism. You can't hide from history actual with a few platitudes.

Last edited:
Yes, I have read it. For a thousand years after the destruction of the temple Jerusalem was a Christian majority. Maybe ended with the crusades.
Again, you don't read very well. The Millennium will be a thousand years of peace as Satan will not be present on the earth. There was still huge wars going on after the destruction of the temple in 70 A.D. Nero was killing Christians for sport. Check this list of wars from Adam to 1,000 A.D. Check out all the blood and horror going on in the world from 70 A.D. to 1000 A.D. - List of wars: before 1000 - Wikipedia
And between 1000 A.D. and 1500 A.D.
Some more wars after 1500 A.D. and 1800 A.D.

Maybe didn't end with the crusades as there have been wars since the crusades. Revelation is clear unless you are trying to re-write it? Change it? Battle of Gog and Magog prior to Satan being bound at Armageddon and then continuing again a while after Satan is loosed after being bound in spirit prison specially for him and his devils. But, after the final battle of Gog and Magog, there again is peace. Satan sent to Perdition forever, humans that have lived since Adam begin their judgment trials and resurrections.

The RCC's mistranslation of Matthew 16 is easily dismissed by the actual content and context of the Word of God. Making anything esle you might add..........Babblings. The Romans corrupted the actual word of God and brought to us such noble events as the Crusades and Inquisitions.

No........when you read Matthew 16 "in context", you will find that Peter is not the rock that Jesus was speaking of, it was the truth that Peter answered when asked whom he.... Peter thought Jesus was and Peter answered, "You are the Christ, the Son of the Living God (the Messiah of Prophecy)......" and Jesus answered (in context Jesus is addressing the question whom do you say that I AM?), "Blessed are you Simon Barjona (son of Jona) because flesh and blood did not reveal this to you (Peter), but My Father who is in Heaven. And I (Jesus) also say to you, you are Peter and upon this rock (what rock is the subject matter? Who was Jesus.....is the subject matter) I will build MY CHURCH (not Peter's church, not any universal church called the RCC......but MY (Jesus's church). -- Matthew 16:15-19

And its easy to prove just who the cheif cornerstone of the church (the church of Christ) was and is.........its not Peter. Allow the Holy Ghost inspired writer to tell you just who IS THE ROCK upon which the kingdom of God was established

Old testament prophecy concerning Jesus, "From Him comes the cornerstone......." i.e., THE ROCK that is built upon -- Zech. 10:4

New testament confirmation that Jesus was and is the ROCK......the chief cornerstone upon which a building is constructed.

"Built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with JESUS HIMSELF BEING THE CHIEF CORNERSTONE." -- Eph. 2:20

Jesus is never mentioned in the old testament. Zechariah 10:4 says the tent peg, the cornerstone will come from Judah.

No........when you read Matthew 16 "in context", you will find that Peter is not the rock that Jesus was speaking of, it was the truth that Peter answered when asked whom he.... Peter thought Jesus was and Peter answered, "You are the Christ, the Son of the Living God (the Messiah of Prophecy)......" and Jesus answered (in context Jesus is addressing the question whom do you say that I AM?), "Blessed are you Simon Barjona (son of Jona) because flesh and blood did not reveal this to you (Peter), but My Father who is in Heaven. And I (Jesus) also say to you, you are Peter and upon this rock (what rock is the subject matter? Who was Jesus.....is the subject matter) I will build MY CHURCH (not Peter's church, not any universal church called the RCC......but MY (Jesus's church). -- Matthew 16:15-19

You just misunderstood what I wrote. I said that the foundation of the Church is the rock of revelation which the rock or chief cornerstone is Jesus Christ. What he did with Peter is give him the assignment of being his prophet and president of his Church. In other words, Peter would be the leader of the other Apostles. Apostles are also prophets and they did prophecy a lot. But, as Peter died and others,, they did replace them until the word of God became so corrupt in the various Churches that no more Apostles could be called. Eventually, John was the only one left and then he disappeared. At that point, there were churches without a prophet to guide and lead them. Paul prophesied this as that apostacy that would take place. A little falling away as it is in the Bible. But, it turned out to be more than a little falling away as no prophets have lead any of the Churches since John died.
I have a difficulty with people who claim that there is mistranslations in the Bible and then re-write them to suit their beliefs without being a prophet in communication with God to make any changes or corrections. Yes, there is a problem with translations as you would expect over time and without leadership by the rock of revelation to the leader prophet. So, any change you add is just babblings. Are you a prophet receiving direct revelation from the Lord?

Again, you don't read very well. The Millennium will be a thousand years of peace as Satan will not be present on the earth. There was still huge wars going on after the destruction of the temple in 70 A.D. Nero was killing Christians for sport. Check this list of wars from Adam to 1,000 A.D. Check out all the blood and horror going on in the world from 70 A.D. to 1000 A.D. - List of wars: before 1000 - Wikipedia
And between 1000 A.D. and 1500 A.D.
Some more wars after 1500 A.D. and 1800 A.D.

Maybe didn't end with the crusades as there have been wars since the crusades. Revelation is clear unless you are trying to re-write it? Change it? Battle of Gog and Magog prior to Satan being bound at Armageddon and then continuing again a while after Satan is loosed after being bound in spirit prison specially for him and his devils. But, after the final battle of Gog and Magog, there again is peace. Satan sent to Perdition forever, humans that have lived since Adam begin their judgment trials and resurrections.

We're talking about Jerusalem here not the whole world.

You just misunderstood what I wrote. I said that the foundation of the Church is the rock of revelation which the rock or chief cornerstone is Jesus Christ. What he did with Peter is give him the assignment of being his prophet and president of his Church. In other words, Peter would be the leader of the other Apostles. Apostles are also prophets and they did prophecy a lot. But, as Peter died and others,, they did replace them until the word of God became so corrupt in the various Churches that no more Apostles could be called. Eventually, John was the only one left and then he disappeared. At that point, there were churches without a prophet to guide and lead them. Paul prophesied this as that apostacy that would take place. A little falling away as it is in the Bible. But, it turned out to be more than a little falling away as no prophets have lead any of the Churches since John died.
I have a difficulty with people who claim that there is mistranslations in the Bible and then re-write them to suit their beliefs without being a prophet in communication with God to make any changes or corrections. Yes, there is a problem with translations as you would expect over time and without leadership by the rock of revelation to the leader prophet. So, any change you add is just babblings. Are you a prophet receiving direct revelation from the Lord?

John didn't disappear. He died in 100 AD. John Smith made that up.

Funny how she says you aren't following the Bible when she doesn't believe in a good portion of the Bible when miracles happened or are prophesied to.

Most prophecy was written after the fact. That's why scripture was amended so often.

Most prophecy was written after the fact. That's why scripture was amended so often.
Scriptures hasn't been amended. You just keep digging deeper and deeper holes for yourself. Prophecy by definition isn't written after the fact.
Definition of Prophecy from Merrian-Webster:
: an inspired utterance of a prophet
2: the function or vocation of a prophetspecifically : the inspired declaration of divine will and purpose
3: a prediction of something to come
:bang3:

Gen. 6:3 Then the LORD said, “My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, because he also is flesh; nevertheless his days shall be one hundred and twenty years.”​

In Genesis before the Great Flood, men lived to around a thousand years. In fact, the oldest living man in Genesis was Methuselah at 969.

But after the Great Flood men only lived no more than around 120 years. This, according to the text in Genesis.

So what is the message here? God felt the need to destroy mankind because of the great evil man had succumb to over the years. One of the solutions seems to have been to limit the life span of men.

You may not believe the story, but the message is in plain view, and hard to argue. For example, Hillter only lived about 50 years and look at the damage he did to the world.

This seems to have kept things in check in terms of helping to preserve the human race. However, we are warned again in Revelation that evil will again flourish like it did in the days of Noah, and God will again have to directly intervene to save mankind. My guess is that technology will enable evil men to reach beyond the grave to continue their legacy of evil.

So whether you believe the story or not, that is the message being given and one that is hard to argue with. Kings and despots are the man source of suffering and oppression and war and genocide in the world. Our only solace is, they will die very soon.
the love of money is the root of all evil...yet the streets of heaven are paved in gold....go figure

Who is John Smith? Yes, he disappeared. He was transfigured and is still tarrying in the world today.

Are you saying John Smith is immortal? John of Patmos is dead. Every religious charlatan that comes along wails that the church was corrupted and the teachings were corrupted. Hal Lindsey made the Scofield heresy very popular in 1972.

Scriptures hasn't been amended. You just keep digging deeper and deeper holes for yourself. Prophecy by definition isn't written after the fact.
Definition of Prophecy from Merrian-Webster:
: an inspired utterance of a prophet
2: the function or vocation of a prophetspecifically : the inspired declaration of divine will and purpose
3: a prediction of something to come
:bang3:

They were amended many times. One notable rewrite was during the reign of King Omri.

Are you saying John Smith is immortal? John of Patmos is dead. Every religious charlatan that comes along wails that the church was corrupted and the teachings were corrupted. Hal Lindsey made the Scofield heresy very popular in 1972.
Yes, who is John Smith. Do you mean Joseph Smith, the Prophet of God who help open up this last dispensation of the fulness of times? Who helped Jesus Christ restore His Church to the Earth? That Joseph Smith. Yes, that Joseph Smith is dead. Shot by intolerant Christian-Free Masons. But, John of Patmos is still alive and tarrying for the Lord although there is less to do as the Church of Jesus Christ is established again with Priesthood powers and authority.

Jesus is never mentioned in the old testament. Zechariah 10:4 says the tent peg, the cornerstone will come from Judah.
Strange is it not? In one post you declare that lineage means nothing........in the next when your argument shifts in order to attempt to discredit the Holy Bible.......lineage is everything. ;)

To keep it simple. The Book of Mathew presents Jesus' legal lineage as coming through the tribe of Judah, BECAUSE AN ADOPTED SON HOLDS THE SAME RIGHTS AS A NATURAL SON UNDER JEWISH LAW. Read the passage from Matthew 1:16, it does not declare that Joseph begat Jesus, it states that Jospeh married Mary to whom Jesus was born. Again under Jewish Law an adopted son holds all the rights as does a natural son. The very purpose of presenting this lineage as leaglly going through Jospeh was to establish Jesus' legal right to David's throne.

Then comprare the lineage of Jesus as described in Luke. There is no contradition..........Luke presents the line of Mary and it differs from Matthew because there are 2 different lines used to prove Jesus' legal rights.

Matthew proves that Jesus was a Son of Abraham. Jesus is quoted as saying, that ".....God could turn these stones into Sons of Abraham." -- Matthew 3:9 The scriptures declare that Abraham's seed would be the "Gateway" to enemies and be a blessing to the world (Genesis 22:15-18, Gal. 3:16). What enemy of Israel did Jesus act as a gateway in defeating that enemy? Rome destroyed Israel in the mid to late 1st century........Christianity conquered Rome a couple generations later, making that prophecy of Jesus come true.

Jesus was both legally and naturally in line for the throne of David. David was promised that his line would remain on the throne (2 Sam. 7:12, Ps. 89:3-4, Jer. 23:5). Jesus' lineage lines up with both promises. The "Messiah" prophecy and David's throne prophecy.

Why make a difference in legal and natural/physical rights? Because if Jesus' line to the throne of David was recorded as being "a natural son"...........Jesus could have never held the right to sit on David's throne....why? Because there was a curse placed on David's lineage that went throght the evil king "Jeconiah" ........this king was so evil God declared that none of his descendants would be allowed to ever sit on the throne again (Jer. 22:24-30). Jesus kingdom was never a literal natural kingdom, it is a Spiritual Kingdom and resides in the heart of those who have the faith. (Luke 17:21), thus.......Jesus literally ruled on earth, and God's curse remained in tact concerning the evil king Jecohiah.

Its only through "legal adoption" that allows both prophecies to be true. Jesus' legal line goes directly through the line of Jeconiah, but His physical line goes through a different son of David (Luke 1:32-33)

Last edited:
Strange is it not? In one post you declare that lineage means nothing........in the next when your argument shifts in order to attempt to discredit the Holy Bible.......lineage is everything. ;)

To keep it simple. The Book of Mathew presents Jesus' legal lineage as coming through the tribe of Judah, BECAUSE AN ADOPTED SON HOLDS THE SAME RIGHTS AS A NATURAL SON UNDER JEWISH LAW. Read the passage from Matthew 1:16, it does not declare that Joseph begat Jesus, it states that Jospeh married Mary to whom Jesus was born. Again under Jewish Law an adopted son holds all the rights as does a natural son. The very purpose of presenting this lineage as leaglly going through Jospeh was to establish Jesus' legal right to David's throne.

Then comprare the lineage of Jesus as described in Luke. There is no contradition..........Luke presents the line of Mary and it differs from Matthew because there are 2 different lines used to prove Jesus' legal rights.

Matthew proves that Jesus was a Son of Abraham. Jesus is quoted as saying, that ".....God could turn these stones into Sons of Abraham." -- Matthew 3:9 The scriptures declare that Abraham's seed would be the "Gateway" to enemies and be a blessing to the world (Genesis 22:15-18, Gal. 3:16). What enemy of Israel did Jesus act as a gateway in defeating that enemy? Rome destroyed Israel in the mid to late 1st century........Christianity conquered Rome a couple generations later, making that prophecy of Jesus come true.

Jesus was both legally and naturally in line for the throne of David. David was promised that his line would remain on the throne (2 Sam. 7:12, Ps. 89:3-4, Jer. 23:5). Jesus' lineage lines up with both promises. The "Messiah" prophecy and David's throne prophecy.

I thought we were talking about Ezekiel. There's no mention of Jesus in the Torah.

Forum List

Back