Ancient message in Genesis to the world

Again, John was seeing the future, not the past. And, Satan still had never been bound for a thousand years up to the time of the writing of Revelation. According to Revelation, the war John saw of Gog and Magog that would end the world was not in the past but in the future. And, it had to happen after Satan would be bound for a thousand years. To clear up a couple of things, here is a modern day Apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ scholar's short commentary on this war. He points out that the war of God and Magog will start at Armageddon and end after the Millennium of 1,000 year of Satan being bound. I read your reference and it was informative. You can at least read my reference and ponder on Elder Bruce R. McConkie's studies.

I particularly liked his last paragraph. It should be read and followed by all. "One final word: When considering items of this sort, it is exceedingly important to stay close to the revealed word and not stray off into those speculative realms that engender strife and do not increase faith in our hearts."

That's not what John writes. He didn't write about the future. He was writing to the people of the first century. Did John Smith change Revelation?

That's not what John writes. He didn't write about the future. He was writing to the people of the first century. Did John Smith change Revelation?
I see what others see about you know. You are very closed minded. There were even quotes in Elder McConkie's writing from Revelation and from OT prophets as well. One thing that people usually require is evidence from other sources and in this case, other apostles or prophets of OT. God would not tell Zechariah or Ezekiel one thing and then flip-flop with John the Revelator. I bet you didn't even read the post.
Here is a large piece of writing on the Book of Revelation and Satan being bound and the wars before and after. All from Revelation with some supporting information from The Book of Mormon.

Please, tell us now when there was a time before John the Revelator that Satan was bound for a thousand years and the wars before and after. One at Armageddon and then the final battle of Gog and Magog. Go ahead. Use Old Testament writings to show us. The key here is Satan being bound for a thousand years and peace on the entire earth during that time. either put up or shut up.

I see what others see about you know. You are very closed minded. There were even quotes in Elder McConkie's writing from Revelation and from OT prophets as well. One thing that people usually require is evidence from other sources and in this case, other apostles or prophets of OT. God would not tell Zechariah or Ezekiel one thing and then flip-flop with John the Revelator. I bet you didn't even read the post.
Here is a large piece of writing on the Book of Revelation and Satan being bound and the wars before and after. All from Revelation with some supporting information from The Book of Mormon.

Please, tell us now when there was a time before John the Revelator that Satan was bound for a thousand years and the wars before and after. One at Armageddon and then the final battle of Gog and Magog. Go ahead. Use Old Testament writings to show us. The key here is Satan being bound for a thousand years and peace on the entire earth during that time. either put up or shut up.

Ezekiel isn't talking about Jesus. Do the work.

Ezekiel isn't talking about Jesus. Do the work.
Zechariah chapter 14, "4 ¶ And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south."

You simply still haven't explained the binding of Satan for a thousand years between two wars of God and Magog. One at Armageddon before the Millennium. When did that happen between Adam and John? It did not. So, your belief is false. John the Revelator revealed future events in his visions. It's the only explanation. Come on, put up. Give us your scholarly information that Satan was bound in the OT times. Come on smarty pants...

Naa, perhaps get to see Him return?
When (Jesus) returns...........it will not be to establish a kingdom that was established over 2000 years here on earth (the church that Christ built as the the chief cornerstone (Matt.16), in which He clearly stated that those standing there, hearing His voice preach would not taste of death until they saw His kingdom come with POWER...........Jesus will return in order to judge "the Quick and the Dead".........He will not sit foot on earth again, He shall meet His church/kingdom in the air, then after Jesus has gathered up His bride (the church) the kingdom established under the covenant of Christ Jesus will be returned back to Father God for eternity.

We have been living in "tribulation" since the ascension of Christ Jesus because we carry His Name...........and the world hates us. The book of revelation was sent by an Angel as instructed by Jesus to the apostle John specifically for the purpose of GIVING THE EARLY CHURCH "HOPE" in overcoming a great beast........the Roman Empire who at that time was burning Christians at the stake and feeding them to wild animals for pure entertainmnet, the Letter that John drafted showed the young churches that this type of evil tribulation would eventually come to pass.......in a short time.....and it did, eventually Christianity defeated the military might of the Empire and Christianity was declared the STATE RELIGION of ROME.

If You have not been "called out" from the world i.e., admitted entrance into the kingdom of God, the church, by the time of Christ's return you never will. You are without hope.

This can easily be demonstrated to be true......because all the above is recorded in the Word of God by Book, Chapter and Verse.

Last edited:
When (Jesus) returns...........it will not be to establish a kingdom that was established over 2000 years here on earth (the church that Christ built as the the chief cornerstone (Matt.16), in which He clearly stated that those standing there, hearing His voice preach would not taste of death until they saw His kingdom come with POWER...........Jesus will return in order to judge "the Quick and the Dead".........He will not sit foot on earth again, He shall meet His church/kingdom in the air, then after Jesus has gathered up His bride (the church) the kingdom established under the covenant of Christ Jesus will be returned back to Father God for eternity.

We have been living in "tribulation" since the ascension of Christ Jesus because we carry His Name...........and the world hates us. The book of revelation was sent by an Angel as instructed by Jesus to the apostle John specifically for the purpose of GIVING THE EARLY CHURCH "HOPE" in overcoming a great beast........the Roman Empire who at that time was burning Christians at the stake and feeding them to wild animals for pure entertainmnet, the Letter that John drafted showed the young churches that this type of evil tribulation would eventually come to pass.......in a short time.....and it did, eventually Christianity defeated the military might of the Empire and Christianity was declared the STATE RELIGION of ROME.

You have not been "called out" from the world i.e., admitted entrance into the kingdom of God, the church, by the time of Christ's return you never will. You are without hope.

This can easily be demonstrated to be true......because all the above is recorded in the Word of God by Book, Chapter and Verse.

You added words to what I said. You also must differentiate between "Tribulation" and the "Great Tribulation. As to not being called out, I am already a Born Again child of God. I waiting for His return or my death, either way I'll with the Father in Heaven.

Satan was bound for a thousand years. Ezekiel was writing to give the Jews hope of restoration during the Babylonian exile.

You added words to what I said. You also must differentiate between "Tribulation" and the "Great Tribulation. As to not being called out, I am already a Born Again child of God. I waiting for His return or my death, either way I'll with the Father in Heaven.

There's only one tribulation in the Bible. It's during the seige of Jerusalem in the 4 years before the temple was destroyed. Christians fled to Pella so they avoided it.

When (Jesus) returns...........it will not be to establish a kingdom that was established over 2000 years here on earth (the church that Christ built as the the chief cornerstone (Matt.16), in which He clearly stated that those standing there, hereing His voice preach would not taste of death until they saw His kingdom come with POWER...........Jesus will return in order to judge "the Quick and the Dead".........He will not sit foot on earth again, He shall meet His church/kingdom in the air, then after Jesus has gathered up His bride (the church) the kingdom established under the covenant of Christ Jesus will be returned back to Father God for eternity.

We have been living in "tribulation" since the ascension of Christ Jesus because we carry His Name...........and the world hates us. You have not been "called out" from the world i.e., admitted entrance into the kingdom of God, the church, by the time of Christ's return you never will. You are without hope.

WOW! Such strange comments. Jesus speaking to Peter said he was the rock of revelation. In other words, Peter was the Prophet that he would leave His Church to run it in his absence. Like a President of the Church of Jesus Christ. The rock is revelation. The chief cornerstone of the foundation is Jesus Christ. And, the foundation is prophets and apostles as Paul wrote in Ephesians. Without the foundation when the last apostle disappeared (John) there was no foundation left. Therefore, whatever "Church" or churches were left did not have the same foundation of the rock of revelation to guide and lead them. Paul spoke of an apostacy that would happen and this is what an apostacy is. No communication direct from Jesus Christ to a prophet on this earth.

As far as the "not taste of death" statement is completely false. He did not say that to everyone who was present which were only the apostles. John 21:22 "Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me. 23 Then went this saying abroad among the brethren, that that disciple should not die: yet Jesus said not unto him, He shall not die; but, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee?" Note that only one disciple will not taste death. That was John the Beloved. That doesn't mean he won't eventually die. He will as he will be "transliterated" a state of immortality until Jesus Christ comes again. And, "tarry" means to be working for the Lord in some capacity. But, people will not recognize him either. Incognito.

You are correct about being in tribulation if you are a member of His Church. The only problem, I can only think of one Christian Church that is called out by all others who believe in Christ. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Do you not condemn them?

There's only one tribulation in the Bible. It's during the seige of Jerusalem in the 4 years before the temple was destroyed. Christians fled to Pella so they avoided it.

Feel free to remain in wrong Margot. He is returning for me and I'll meet him in the air. You don't believe in Heaven so there is no future for you after your death.

Satan was bound for a thousand years. Ezekiel was writing to give the Jews hope of restoration during the Babylonian exile.
When was Satan bound for a thousand years? I'd like book, chapter and verse. When has there ever been a thousand years with no contention, wars and vile evil? When? Certainly not before the Temple was destroyed. And, was there a great war after he was bound and loosed in 70 A.D. that ended the world and the judgment and resurrections began? Nope. Again, you haven't read Revelation, have you?

WOW! Such strange comments. Jesus speaking to Peter said he was the rock of revelation. In other words, Peter was the Prophet that he would leave His Church to run it in his absence. Like a President of the Church of Jesus Christ. The rock is revelation. The chief cornerstone of the foundation is Jesus Christ. And, the foundation is prophets and apostles as Paul wrote in Ephesians. Without the foundation when the last apostle disappeared (John) there was no foundation left. Therefore, whatever "Church" or churches were left did not have the same foundation of the rock of revelation to guide and lead them. Paul spoke of an apostacy that would happen and this is what an apostacy is. No communication direct from Jesus Christ to a prophet on this earth.

As far as the "not taste of death" statement is completely false. He did not say that to everyone who was present which were only the apostles. John 21:22 "Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me. 23 Then went this saying abroad among the brethren, that that disciple should not die: yet Jesus said not unto him, He shall not die; but, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee?" Note that only one disciple will not taste death. That was John the Beloved. That doesn't mean he won't eventually die. He will as he will be "transliterated" a state of immortality until Jesus Christ comes again. And, "tarry" means to be working for the Lord in some capacity. But, people will not recognize him either. Incognito.

You are correct about being in tribulation if you are a member of His Church. The only problem, I can only think of one Christian Church that is called out by all others who believe in Christ. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Do you not condemn them?

Condemn? I think they are deceived. Look at when Peter and Paul died. John isn't transliterated.. that's nonsense. He's buried at Ephesus.

When was Satan bound for a thousand years? I'd like book, chapter and verse. When has there ever been a thousand years with no contention, wars and vile evil? When? Certainly not before the Temple was destroyed. And, was there a great war after he was bound and loosed in 70 A.D. that ended the world and the judgment and resurrections began? Nope. Again, you haven't read Revelation, have you?

You have to remember, for Surada the Bible is Historical and Metaphorical.

Yes, I have read it. For a thousand years after the destruction of the temple Jerusalem was a Christian majority. Maybe ended with the crusades.

Feel free to remain in wrong Margot. He is returning for me and I'll meet him in the air. You don't believe in Heaven so there is no future for you after your death.

You're following Cyrus Scofield and Hal Lindsey not the Bible.

I "must" not do anything except obey the doctrine recorded in the Word of God as that is the only source of truth.

Question? Just how does one go about answering a question without adding words? ;)

Condemn? I think they are deceived. Look at when Peter and Paul died. John isn't transliterated.. that's nonsense. He's buried at Ephesus.
Jesus said he would tarry until he comes again. If you think the 2nd coming was when he returned after being resurrected, then why didn't John die then? He didn't. In fact, John didn't disappear for another 67 years! God gave you a brain to logically conclude these things. Use it! I think the right word is transfigured. It's a state of a finite time of immortality. He's been tarrying and keeping a spark of the Gospel alive through 18 years of apostacy. Like I said, he was seen at the war in Israel in 1948 stopping the Arabs. As far as saying he's buried at Ephesus, have you ever seen this? Ever check the bones? Check some DNA? He can't be buried there as he hasn't died yet.

Jesus said he would tarry until he comes again. If you think the 2nd coming was when he returned after being resurrected, then why didn't John die then? He didn't. In fact, John didn't disappear for another 67 years! God gave you a brain to logically conclude these things. Use it! I think the right word is transfigured. It's a state of a finite time of immortality. He's been tarrying and keeping a spark of the Gospel alive through 18 years of apostacy. Like I said, he was seen at the war in Israel in 1948 stopping the Arabs. As far as saying he's buried at Ephesus, have you ever seen this? Ever check the bones? Check some DNA? He can't be buried there as he hasn't died yet.

You think 2000 years of history is wrong and John Smith is right?

St Peter died in 64 AD.. Paul probably died the same year. Nero was all fired up and blamed the Christians for the burning of Rome.

John of Patmos died in 100 AD. He lived to be 94-93.

Forum List

Back