Ancient message in Genesis to the world

Nope... Episcopalian.. do the Jehovah's witnesses change the revelation letter?

How do you reconcile this?

The Bible​

The 39 Articles, a 1536 foundational document of Anglican theology, relates that “Holy Scripture containeth all things necessary to salvation.” The Scriptures, comprised of the Old and New Testament, as well as some apocryphal texts, were written under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit.

And this...

I believe in God, the Father almighty,
creator of heaven and earth;
I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord.
He was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit
and born of the Virgin Mary.
He suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died, and was buried.
He descended to the dead.
On the third day he rose again.
He ascended into heaven,
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic Church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins
the resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting. Amen.

And this...

I believe in God, the Father almighty,
creator of heaven and earth;
I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord.
He was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit
and born of the Virgin Mary.
He suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died, and was buried.
He descended to the dead.
On the third day he rose again.
He ascended into heaven,
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic Church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins
the resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting. Amen.

The revelation letter to 7 existing churches in Asia tells you who it's written to and when it will happen. John of Patmos writes that he's their brother in tribulation.

Has this happened yet?
Revelation 1:7
Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen.
Sorry, No Third Coming, Even for a Different Promised One

More proof that the Second Coming was guaranteed in the lifetime of the first Christians to get them all smug about how they would wind up. Only when that didn't happen did the Church's clerics claim that was a misinterpretation.

And if there is any Old Testament prophecy about the Second Coming, it was fulfilled when the Messiah came back from the dead on the first Easter Sunday.

No, she claims to be a a mainstream Christian who doesn't believe in the Bible
Ya, on another site, there's a guy that claims The Book of Mormon is true but Joseph Smith is a fallen prophet. It's always interesting to see people claim something true as long as it fits their lifestyles and not what the Lord wants.

More proof that the Second Coming was guaranteed in the lifetime of the first Christians to get them all smug about how they would wind up. Only when that didn't happen did the Church's clerics claim that was a misinterpretation.

And if there is any Old Testament prophecy about the Second Coming, it was fulfilled when the Messiah came back from the dead on the first Easter Sunday.

norwegen

They should actually read revelation. Traditional Christians didn't believe in futurism or even hear of it until the 1830s.

Last edited:
Ya, on another site, there's a guy that claims The Book of Mormon is true but Joseph Smith is a fallen prophet. It's always interesting to see people claim something true as long as it fits their lifestyles and not what the Lord wants.

Did John Smith change Revelation?

LOL, nope. He's only been here once.

First, what does this have to do with Revelation being a revelation of the future in the last days before the 2nd Coming of Jesus Christ? I know you want to say that the book was written before the destruction of the Temple but that doesn't mean a thing about Armageddon, Satan being bound for 1,000 years and the last battle after Satan is again loosed, Gog and Magog. Satan has never been bound since Adam and Eve were placed in the Garden of Eden. So, that should be a hint to you.

As to whether John wrote Revelations before 70 A.D. I have no problem with that. In fact, it's entirely plausible for several reasons. One being Revelation was not the last letter he wrote. His first epistle was written after John left Patmos for the first time. Yep, it's easy to see the possibility that he was sent to Patmos twice. Also, this John was the same that asked Jesus to let him tarry until his 2nd Coming. So, he writes his Book of Revelation during Nero's reign on Patmos. Leaves and writes everything else, John, John 1, 2 and 3. Then he's sent back to Patmos by Domitian where he was thrown into boiling oil and yet nothing happened to him. He wasn't burnt nor died. Jesus accepted John's wish to tarry on the earth until his 2nd Coming. He was transliterated and given the power to disappear and reappear when needed to continue a small light through the great apostasy. I'm sure he was instrumental in the compilation of writings of OT and NT books and letters. There was even a story about the Arabs confronted by a man in a white robe with long hair that told them to stop their war against the newly formed Israel in 1948. He was there and then disappeared in front of them.

Long story short, you failed to convince anyone that Revelation told the coming of the removal of Jews in a war of Armageddon or Gog and Magog. The sticking point is all the visions he had including and specifically the 1,000 years Satan will be bound from running amuck over the earth and that time of peace.

First, what does this have to do with Revelation being a revelation of the future in the last days before the 2nd Coming of Jesus Christ? I know you want to say that the book was written before the destruction of the Temple but that doesn't mean a thing about Armageddon, Satan being bound for 1,000 years and the last battle after Satan is again loosed, Gog and Magog. Satan has never been bound since Adam and Eve were placed in the Garden of Eden. So, that should be a hint to you.

As to whether John wrote Revelations before 70 A.D. I have no problem with that. In fact, it's entirely plausible for several reasons. One being Revelation was not the last letter he wrote. His first epistle was written after John left Patmos for the first time. Yep, it's easy to see the possibility that he was sent to Patmos twice. Also, this John was the same that asked Jesus to let him tarry until his 2nd Coming. So, he writes his Book of Revelation during Nero's reign on Patmos. Leaves and writes everything else, John, John 1, 2 and 3. Then he's sent back to Patmos by Domitian where he was thrown into boiling oil and yet nothing happened to him. He wasn't burnt nor died. Jesus accepted John's wish to tarry on the earth until his 2nd Coming. He was transliterated and given the power to disappear and reappear when needed to continue a small light through the great apostasy. I'm sure he was instrumental in the compilation of writings of OT and NT books and letters. There was even a story about the Arabs confronted by a man in a white robe with long hair that told them to stop their war against the newly formed Israel in 1948. He was there and then disappeared in front of them.

Long story short, you failed to convince anyone that Revelation told the coming of the removal of Jews in a war of Armageddon or Gog and Magog. The sticking point is all the visions he had including and specifically the 1,000 years Satan will be bound from running amuck over the earth and that time of peace.

Is that from the book of the Mormon? Gog and Magog invaded 600 years earlier.

The foreign garrisons gathered with Vespasian's Roman soldiers at Megiddo before they marched on Jerusalem..

norwegen

They should actually read revelation. Traditional Christians didn't believe in futurism or even hear of it until the 1830s.
I agree that the people in Jesus days didn't understand most of what he was talking about. Even the Apostles didn't understand a lot of it. Judas thought their days were the end of days and Rome was God or Magog I guess. Because, John hadn't written his Revelation yet speaking of the 1,000 years after Armageddon and before the God and Magog war. But, here again is the thing. John asked Jesus that he would not die until his coming. Well, if what you say is true that the resurrection of Jesus on the third day was the 2nd coming, then John should have died then and not disappeared (thought to have died) in 100 A.D. So, the third day after Jesus death was not and could not be the 2nd coming of Jesus Christ.

Is that from the book of the Mormon? Gog and Magog invaded 600 years earlier.

The foreign garrisons gathered with Vespasian's Roman soldiers at Megiddo before they marched on Jerusalem..
Again, John was seeing the future, not the past. And, Satan still had never been bound for a thousand years up to the time of the writing of Revelation. According to Revelation, the war John saw of Gog and Magog that would end the world was not in the past but in the future. And, it had to happen after Satan would be bound for a thousand years. To clear up a couple of things, here is a modern day Apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ scholar's short commentary on this war. He points out that the war of God and Magog will start at Armageddon and end after the Millennium of 1,000 year of Satan being bound. I read your reference and it was informative. You can at least read my reference and ponder on Elder Bruce R. McConkie's studies.

I particularly liked his last paragraph. It should be read and followed by all. "One final word: When considering items of this sort, it is exceedingly important to stay close to the revealed word and not stray off into those speculative realms that engender strife and do not increase faith in our hearts."

New Topics

Forum List

Back