Ancient message in Genesis to the world

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012

Gen. 6:3 Then the LORD said, “My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, because he also is flesh; nevertheless his days shall be one hundred and twenty years.”​

In Genesis before the Great Flood, men lived to around a thousand years. In fact, the oldest living man in Genesis was Methuselah at 969.

But after the Great Flood men only lived no more than around 120 years. This, according to the text in Genesis.

So what is the message here? God felt the need to destroy mankind because of the great evil man had succumb to over the years. One of the solutions seems to have been to limit the life span of men.

You may not believe the story, but the message is in plain view, and hard to argue. For example, Hillter only lived about 50 years and look at the damage he did to the world.

This seems to have kept things in check in terms of helping to preserve the human race. However, we are warned again in Revelation that evil will again flourish like it did in the days of Noah, and God will again have to directly intervene to save mankind. My guess is that technology will enable evil men to reach beyond the grave to continue their legacy of evil.

So whether you believe the story or not, that is the message being given and one that is hard to argue with. Kings and despots are the man source of suffering and oppression and war and genocide in the world. Our only solace is, they will die very soon.

Gen. 6:3 Then the LORD said, “My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, because he also is flesh; nevertheless his days shall be one hundred and twenty years.”​

In Genesis before the Great Flood, men lived to around a thousand years. In fact, the oldest living man in Genesis was Methuselah at 969.

But after the Great Flood men only lived no more than around 120 years. This, according to the text in Genesis.

So what is the message here? God felt the need to destroy mankind because of the great evil man had succumb to over the years. One of the solutions seems to have been to limit the life span of men.

You may not believe the story, but the message is in plain view, and hard to argue. For example, Hillter only lived about 50 years and look at the damage he did to the world.

This seems to have kept things in check in terms of helping to preserve the human race. However, we are warned again in Revelation that evil will again flourish like it did in the days of Noah, and God will again have to directly intervene to save mankind. My guess is that technology will enable evil men to reach beyond the grave to continue their legacy of evil.

So whether you believe the story or not, that is the message being given and one that is hard to argue with. Kings and despots are the man source of suffering and oppression and war and genocide in the world. Our only solace is, they will die very soon.
Also men back before the great flood, used the moon as their clock, so every full cycle was considered a year. Take 1000 years back then divide it by 12 and you have around 80 years of life in today's world.

Makes sense, if "years" were lunar - which they were. Although 83 years was a LONG lifespan for the time.

What is the message? That you're a gullible fool, Jack. There's absolutely zero proof that anyone lived a thousand years.

Idiot, I'm only referring to what the author of the text was trying to convey.

Now go away.

BTW, what makes us age?

Thats right, you don't know, do you?
The passage of time.

The author was trying to convey how dumb people who follow the bible are, as they'll believe anything if they believe that. Jus' sayin'.

Kings and despots are the man source of suffering and oppression and war and genocide in the world. Our only solace is, they will die very soon.

does that include religious fanatics and their books as above - or better their congregations, too bad that would not be a single person to have to wait for. to disappear.

I realize this is probably not what many want to hear but most miss it all from Genesis Chapter One and Two and let those Words in each chapter sink in deep.

Heaven is that place in the Spirit that is God's throne and earth is God's foot stool.

Those hosts of heaven and earth (all of the characters of the Bible) were created and planted into the dust of the earth to assist the human made into a living soul overcome this lowest form (that man created to til the ground aka garden aka the fertile mind that is full of dung aka errors who has also been awakened and given a help-meet note not a help mate but a spiritual help meet) The spirits of these dwell with the human soul in periods of growth. That Holy Spirit will not continue to strive with that lowest form of the dust of the earth (Bodom - בָֽאָדָם aka with man). That is done through and by the hosts created and planted with a blow of breath for that exact purpose.

That's why they call it faith.

I see, so "faith" is the magical word. Let's see if you agree with this:

"I'm a 52 year old male, but I now have (((((((((((FAITH))))))))))))..............

blow-mind-mind-blown.gif

(((((((((((FAITH))))))))))))

...that I'm a six year old girl"......

(((((((((((FAITH))))))))))))

R (2).gif

Yeaahhhhh sure.

Forum List

Back