Ancient Evidence For Jesus From Non Christian Sources

Several ancient writers wrote of Jesus.
Why is this supposed to be so important? Claiming a guy named Jesus existed and got kind of famous is not an extraordinary claim. It's the magical nonsense that is chiefly and rightly in dispute.

Several ancient writers wrote of Christians. Only Josephus wrote of Jesus and his words may have been added later. I'm not a believer but even I'm convinced Jesus lived, preached, gathered a devoted following, and was crucified.

I'm not a believer but even I'm convinced Jesus lived, preached, gathered a devoted following, and was crucified.
While the historical evidence for that is pretty shaky, it is still not an extraordinary claim of any sort. It's not a hard thing to believe. It's a rather mundane claim, really.

Several ancient writers wrote of Christians. Only Josephus wrote of Jesus and his words may have been added later. I'm not a believer but even I'm convinced Jesus lived, preached, gathered a devoted following, and was crucified.

so true-----as did thousands of other pharisee agitators like him.

I'm not a believer but even I'm convinced Jesus lived, preached, gathered a devoted following, and was crucified.
While the historical evidence for that is pretty shaky, it is still not an extraordinary claim of any sort. It's not a hard thing to believe. It's a rather mundane claim, really.
If the Christians had invented Jesus he would have been very different.

???

???

no one told you?

Forum List

Back