Anchors away! Biden purges Trump appointees from Naval, Air Force academies, West Point

Anchors away! Biden purges Trump appointees from Naval, Air Force academies, West Point​

9 Sep 2021 ~~ By Steven Nelson
President Biden is firing all military academy board members appointed by former President Donald Trump — regardless of their qualifications — in a purge drawing stiff pushback because their terms were supposed to last three years.
Six presidential appointees on each academy board — 18 people in total — were told to resign by 6 p.m. Wednesday or be fired.
“I think this complete purge shows that the administration is hellbent on the woke mob controlling or having input into military education. Otherwise, why do it?” said one of the board members, who pointed out that Trump didn’t perform a similar purge.
“This is why this is such a big deal: historically it has never been done. ‘Unprecedented’ is a word you could use here,” the board member said.
The ousted include former national security adviser HR McMaster, a retired Army lieutenant general who resisted Trump’s noninterventionist impulses and criticized Biden’s recent Afghanistan troop pullout.
A person close to McMaster said it was ironic that he would be dismissed from West Point’s board just days before he’s given the Army academy’s distinguished graduate award.
“Perfect timing since HR is being honored this weekend as distinguished military graduate at West Point — one of the youngest ever. … Who better to be on the board? I guess Biden is playing this little game of politics by kicking him off the board [that] even Trump kept Obama appointees on,” the person said.
White House press secretary Jen Psaki defended the terminations by scoffing at the qualifications of former Trump adviser Kellyanne Conway to be on the Air Force Academy board and former White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer, a longtime Navy Reserve officer, to be on the Naval Academy board.
“I will let others evaluate whether they think Kellyanne Conway and Sean Spicer and others were qualified or not political to serve on these boards,” Psaki said at her daily press briefing.
“But the president’s qualification requirements are not your party registration. They are whether you’re qualified to serve and whether you’re aligned with the values of this administration.”
Conway shot back in a tweet: “President Biden, I’m not resigning, but you should.”
Spicer, now a TV host for Newsmax, said that Psaki “crossed a line today” in mocking his credentials and that he “will be joining a lawsuit to fight this.”
“So Jen, you want to know about my qualifications? … for 22 years I’ve had the honor of serving alongside some of the most talented, patriotic and brave individuals this country has to offer,” he said.
The White House has not identified new appointees to the boards.
~Snip~
Hiler said, “It’s not clear what the basis for this purge is. A plain reading of the statute that created the Board in 1879, which includes traditionally bipartisan appointments by congressional leaders, says the president’s appointees serve three-year terms.”
“To my knowledge, the Service Academy Boards have always enjoyed a tradition of bi-partisanship,” Hiler said.
“As an alum and a former naval officer, my only concern is making sure the U.S. Naval Academy is fulfilling its mission of developing officers capable of leading our country’s Navy. Defending the country’s interests at sea, especially with what’s going on in the world today, is not something that should be influenced by partisan politics, and I regret that this Administration apparently sees things differently.”
Former Naval officer Anthony Parker and retired Rear Adm. Joseph Walsh are also getting booted from the Naval Academy board, the White House confirmed.
The laws establishing the boards do not clearly explain a president’s power to fire members, saying, “The persons designated by the President serve for three years each…. The President shall designate two persons each year to succeed the members whose terms expire that year.”
It’s not immediately clear which board members will join the legal challenge announced by Spicer. An existing lawsuit led by Air Force Academy board member Heidi Stirrup challenges the Biden administration’s decision to suspend the operation of the boards earlier this year.

Comment:
It's no secret that Progressive Marxist/DSA Democrat Commies hate everything created by Trump in his four year term.
The deep seated hatred for Trump continues. Biden wants nothing Trump in his reign to remain.
Of all people retired General Jack Keane to be removed.
The entire Obama third term administration should resign immediately. Looking for all the good they've done, and looking, and looking. I'll be damned if I can find anything any one of them have done with the exception of trying to cover up each others lies. And by the way, it's not about Trump, it's about senility and unqualified uncle Joey Xi. Just look at what he's done to the country so far in less than seven months, Sad that we still have another year of he and his minions destructiveness. Fear for the country.
Progressive Marxist/DSA Democrat Commies want the military purged of conservatives, and be filled with those who’s ideals are the same as Joey Xi so there will not be any dissension among the ranks when the military is turned on the civilian population when the time comes.
Time to put in feminized castrated shemales in charge of our fighting me....if you can call them men anymore. Is that allowed?

Anchors away! Biden purges Trump appointees from Naval, Air Force academies, West Point​

President Biden is firing all military academy board members appointed by former President Donald Trump — regardless of their qualifications — in a purge drawing stiff pushback because their terms were supposed to last three years.
Six presidential appointees on each academy board — 18 people in total — were told to resign by 6 p.m. Wednesday or be fired.
“I think this complete purge shows that the administration is hellbent on the woke mob controlling or having input into military education. Otherwise, why do it?” said one of the board members, who pointed out that Trump didn’t perform a similar purge.
“This is why this is such a big deal: historically it has never been done. ‘Unprecedented’ is a word you could use here,” the board member said.
The ousted include former national security adviser HR McMaster, a retired Army lieutenant general who resisted Trump’s noninterventionist impulses and criticized Biden’s recent Afghanistan troop pullout.
A person close to McMaster said it was ironic that he would be dismissed from West Point’s board just days before he’s given the Army academy’s distinguished graduate award.
“Perfect timing since HR is being honored this weekend as distinguished military graduate at West Point — one of the youngest ever. … Who better to be on the board? I guess Biden is playing this little game of politics by kicking him off the board [that] even Trump kept Obama appointees on,” the person said.
White House press secretary Jen Psaki defended the terminations by scoffing at the qualifications of former Trump adviser Kellyanne Conway to be on the Air Force Academy board and former White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer, a longtime Navy Reserve officer, to be on the Naval Academy board.
“I will let others evaluate whether they think Kellyanne Conway and Sean Spicer and others were qualified or not political to serve on these boards,” Psaki said at her daily press briefing.
“But the president’s qualification requirements are not your party registration. They are whether you’re qualified to serve and whether you’re aligned with the values of this administration.”
Conway shot back in a tweet: “President Biden, I’m not resigning, but you should.”
Spicer, now a TV host for Newsmax, said that Psaki “crossed a line today” in mocking his credentials and that he “will be joining a lawsuit to fight this.”
“So Jen, you want to know about my qualifications? … for 22 years I’ve had the honor of serving alongside some of the most talented, patriotic and brave individuals this country has to offer,” he said.
~Snip~
Hiler said, “It’s not clear what the basis for this purge is. A plain reading of the statute that created the Board in 1879, which includes traditionally bipartisan appointments by congressional leaders, says the president’s appointees serve three-year terms.”
“To my knowledge, the Service Academy Boards have always enjoyed a tradition of bi-partisanship,” Hiler said.
“As an alum and a former naval officer, my only concern is making sure the U.S. Naval Academy is fulfilling its mission of developing officers capable of leading our country’s Navy. Defending the country’s interests at sea, especially with what’s going on in the world today, is not something that should be influenced by partisan politics, and I regret that this Administration apparently sees things differently.”
Former Naval officer Anthony Parker and retired Rear Adm. Joseph Walsh are also getting booted from the Naval Academy board, the White House confirmed.
The laws establishing the boards do not clearly explain a president’s power to fire members, saying, “The persons designated by the President serve for three years each…. The President shall designate two persons each year to succeed the members whose terms expire that year.”
It’s not immediately clear which board members will join the legal challenge announced by Spicer. An existing lawsuit led by Air Force Academy board member Heidi Stirrup challenges the Biden administration’s decision to suspend the operation of the boards earlier this year.

Comment:
It's no secret that Progressive Marxist/DSA Democrat Commies hate everything created by Trump in his four year term.
The deep seated hatred for Trump continues. Biden wants nothing Trump in his reign to remain.
The entire Obama third term administration should resign immediately. Looking for all the good they've done, and looking, and looking. I'll be damned if I can find anything any one of them have done with the exception of trying to cover up each others lies. And by the way, it's not about Trump, it's about senility and unqualified uncle Joey Xi. Just look at what he's done to the country so far in less than seven months, Sad that we still have another year of he and his minions destructiveness. Fear for the country.
Progressive Marxist/DSA Democrat Commies want the military purged of conservatives, and be filled with those who’s ideals are the same as Joey Xi so there will not be any dissension among the ranks when the military is turned on the civilian population when the time comes.

The fact is that many of these people were not qualified or were too far right to serve, They are in these boards because of partisan politics. Yet they are claiming it is partisan politics to remove them. You can't make it up.

What next, disbanding the space force? This petty man is totally consumed with negating everything Trump did but he will take credit for the vaccines and our rebounding economy even though he had nothing to do with either.

Yes it should be disbanded. It is a waste of money.

Right. The country will definitely suffer if we don’t have the best and brightest running our institutions.

Sean Spicer and Kelly Anne Conway have demonstrated they earned their positions on these boards after their relentless deduction to military education.

Spicer and Conway are the dumbest. We don't need Trump fascists. They are totally unqualified.

If there is an election and if Republicans win back the White House, we need Michael Franzese as Attorney General, and immediately fire 10,000 Federal Employees including the entire Joint Chiefs, the top 100 people at EVERY intelligence Agency, close the Board of Education, charge Fauxi as a bioterrorist, send China a bill for $4 Trillion for their Wuhan Bioweapon, and charge Ashli Babbitt's shooter with murder -- that's on Day 1

The new Nazi Germany.

~Snip~

Comment:

Bi-Dung is the 1st President to do this!

These positions have always been Bi-partisan in their execution because it involves the military.

As Mitch McConnell said, about positions like that. They should be left vacant during a presidential election cycle, and filled by the winner of the election, in order to listen to the will of the people.
But they're not.....

C'mon man. We have loving, caring, gentle, quiet souls at the rainbow coalition that will be far better for the nation overall. Their IQ'z are at least in the upper 80's and they really really like fucking wanna learn shit man.

~~~~~~~
Hah.... Joey Xi has 14 months left. His approval rate in in the dumpster, the majority of America believes he's suffering from Dementia, and his handling of the border, economy, foreign policies and overall handling of National Security are abysmal.
Economy is recovering from the Trump Slump... Unemployment is down

At least money being borrowed now iss going into Infrastructure and not uber rich pockets...

On Foreign Policy at least the rest of the world respects him and don't laugh at him... Putin was informed the Presidency is not for sale and don't expect toi be invite to G7... It was embarrassing having the Trump kissing Putin's ass...

National Security is also far better now that Trump illegal attempts to stay in power is gone...

~Snip~

Comment:
Destroying the military is the goal of all prog commies.

~Snip~

Comment:
Another win for the good guys.

Got to last minute appointees. The leaving president will appoint people in their final days in office. That is the problem. They really should do away with that

Kellyanne Conway who has no military background was appointed to be on the Air Force Academy board. She was his campaign manager. U.S. Office of Special Counsel recommended that Conway be fired for "unprecedented" multiple violations of the Hatch Act of 1939. Still Trump appointed her and others in the final days in office.

There are some who do have military background.

They are political appointee and most are aligned with whomever appointed them. Both sides do it and its nothing new.

It just gets louder with social media

Conway shot back that Biden should resign instead. Lady should let the lawyers handle it.

I have to say that those who do have military background should be allow to fill out the 3 year term if they are doing a good job.

Forum List

Back