Anchors away! Biden purges Trump appointees from Naval, Air Force academies, West Point

Anchors away! Biden purges Trump appointees from Naval, Air Force academies, West Point​

9 Sep 2021 ~~ By Steven Nelson
President Biden is firing all military academy board members appointed by former President Donald Trump — regardless of their qualifications — in a purge drawing stiff pushback because their terms were supposed to last three years.
Six presidential appointees on each academy board — 18 people in total — were told to resign by 6 p.m. Wednesday or be fired.
“I think this complete purge shows that the administration is hellbent on the woke mob controlling or having input into military education. Otherwise, why do it?” said one of the board members, who pointed out that Trump didn’t perform a similar purge.
“This is why this is such a big deal: historically it has never been done. ‘Unprecedented’ is a word you could use here,” the board member said.
The ousted include former national security adviser HR McMaster, a retired Army lieutenant general who resisted Trump’s noninterventionist impulses and criticized Biden’s recent Afghanistan troop pullout.
A person close to McMaster said it was ironic that he would be dismissed from West Point’s board just days before he’s given the Army academy’s distinguished graduate award.
“Perfect timing since HR is being honored this weekend as distinguished military graduate at West Point — one of the youngest ever. … Who better to be on the board? I guess Biden is playing this little game of politics by kicking him off the board [that] even Trump kept Obama appointees on,” the person said.
White House press secretary Jen Psaki defended the terminations by scoffing at the qualifications of former Trump adviser Kellyanne Conway to be on the Air Force Academy board and former White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer, a longtime Navy Reserve officer, to be on the Naval Academy board.
“I will let others evaluate whether they think Kellyanne Conway and Sean Spicer and others were qualified or not political to serve on these boards,” Psaki said at her daily press briefing.
“But the president’s qualification requirements are not your party registration. They are whether you’re qualified to serve and whether you’re aligned with the values of this administration.”
Conway shot back in a tweet: “President Biden, I’m not resigning, but you should.”
Spicer, now a TV host for Newsmax, said that Psaki “crossed a line today” in mocking his credentials and that he “will be joining a lawsuit to fight this.”
“So Jen, you want to know about my qualifications? … for 22 years I’ve had the honor of serving alongside some of the most talented, patriotic and brave individuals this country has to offer,” he said.
The White House has not identified new appointees to the boards.
~Snip~
Hiler said, “It’s not clear what the basis for this purge is. A plain reading of the statute that created the Board in 1879, which includes traditionally bipartisan appointments by congressional leaders, says the president’s appointees serve three-year terms.”
“To my knowledge, the Service Academy Boards have always enjoyed a tradition of bi-partisanship,” Hiler said.
“As an alum and a former naval officer, my only concern is making sure the U.S. Naval Academy is fulfilling its mission of developing officers capable of leading our country’s Navy. Defending the country’s interests at sea, especially with what’s going on in the world today, is not something that should be influenced by partisan politics, and I regret that this Administration apparently sees things differently.”
Former Naval officer Anthony Parker and retired Rear Adm. Joseph Walsh are also getting booted from the Naval Academy board, the White House confirmed.
The laws establishing the boards do not clearly explain a president’s power to fire members, saying, “The persons designated by the President serve for three years each…. The President shall designate two persons each year to succeed the members whose terms expire that year.”
It’s not immediately clear which board members will join the legal challenge announced by Spicer. An existing lawsuit led by Air Force Academy board member Heidi Stirrup challenges the Biden administration’s decision to suspend the operation of the boards earlier this year.

Comment:
It's no secret that Progressive Marxist/DSA Democrat Commies hate everything created by Trump in his four year term.
The deep seated hatred for Trump continues. Biden wants nothing Trump in his reign to remain.
Of all people retired General Jack Keane to be removed.
The entire Obama third term administration should resign immediately. Looking for all the good they've done, and looking, and looking. I'll be damned if I can find anything any one of them have done with the exception of trying to cover up each others lies. And by the way, it's not about Trump, it's about senility and unqualified uncle Joey Xi. Just look at what he's done to the country so far in less than seven months, Sad that we still have another year of he and his minions destructiveness. Fear for the country.
Progressive Marxist/DSA Democrat Commies want the military purged of conservatives, and be filled with those who’s ideals are the same as Joey Xi so there will not be any dissension among the ranks when the military is turned on the civilian population when the time comes.
Please explain what the qualifications are for Shawn Spicer and Kelly Ann Conway???

What next, disbanding the space force? This petty man is totally consumed with negating everything Trump did but he will take credit for the vaccines and our rebounding economy even though he had nothing to do with either.
Trump triggered Biden and the entire Dem party.

Sean is a Lt. Commander in the Navy Reserve, and Kelly Ann knows the political side of what the dems always try to do to the military. She knows her "alternate facts". The other (14) are very qualified as well.

View attachment 537126
Bottom line: The LAW says that Xiden can't fire them. We'll see how the courts shake out. While you misspeak about "the best and brightest" (laughable in the Xiden admin) you didn't put up who Xiden plans to replace the real "best and brightest" with. Undoubtedly the dumb and dumbest.
Oh I see. Yes, they totally didn’t get their jobs because of being buddies with Trump, as they’re clearly the most qualified people for this job.

Post the law that says Biden can’t fire them. Thanks.

Please explain what the qualifications are for Shawn Spicer and Kelly Ann Conway???
Sean is a Lt. Commander in the Naval Reserve. Kelly Ann knows indoctrination policies, like CRT, "white rage" and 1619, and knows how to use the conservative media to oppose it.

You haven't put up who Xiden plans to replace the generals with? You can bet they won't be as qualified as Trump's appointees that Xiden is trying to fire:
1631232824422.png

Oh I see. Yes, they totally didn’t get their jobs because of being buddies with Trump, as they’re clearly the most qualified people for this job.

Progs are now in full "Equity" mode. We deserve the best we can get in a fluctuating work environment. What Joe has in his administration and what he is doing, is not the best.

Anchors away! Biden purges Trump appointees from Naval, Air Force academies, West Point​

9 Sep 2021 ~~ By Steven Nelson
President Biden is firing all military academy board members appointed by former President Donald Trump — regardless of their qualifications — in a purge drawing stiff pushback because their terms were supposed to last three years.
Six presidential appointees on each academy board — 18 people in total — were told to resign by 6 p.m. Wednesday or be fired.
“I think this complete purge shows that the administration is hellbent on the woke mob controlling or having input into military education. Otherwise, why do it?” said one of the board members, who pointed out that Trump didn’t perform a similar purge.
“This is why this is such a big deal: historically it has never been done. ‘Unprecedented’ is a word you could use here,” the board member said.
The ousted include former national security adviser HR McMaster, a retired Army lieutenant general who resisted Trump’s noninterventionist impulses and criticized Biden’s recent Afghanistan troop pullout.
A person close to McMaster said it was ironic that he would be dismissed from West Point’s board just days before he’s given the Army academy’s distinguished graduate award.
“Perfect timing since HR is being honored this weekend as distinguished military graduate at West Point — one of the youngest ever. … Who better to be on the board? I guess Biden is playing this little game of politics by kicking him off the board [that] even Trump kept Obama appointees on,” the person said.
White House press secretary Jen Psaki defended the terminations by scoffing at the qualifications of former Trump adviser Kellyanne Conway to be on the Air Force Academy board and former White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer, a longtime Navy Reserve officer, to be on the Naval Academy board.
“I will let others evaluate whether they think Kellyanne Conway and Sean Spicer and others were qualified or not political to serve on these boards,” Psaki said at her daily press briefing.
“But the president’s qualification requirements are not your party registration. They are whether you’re qualified to serve and whether you’re aligned with the values of this administration.”
Conway shot back in a tweet: “President Biden, I’m not resigning, but you should.”
Spicer, now a TV host for Newsmax, said that Psaki “crossed a line today” in mocking his credentials and that he “will be joining a lawsuit to fight this.”
“So Jen, you want to know about my qualifications? … for 22 years I’ve had the honor of serving alongside some of the most talented, patriotic and brave individuals this country has to offer,” he said.
The White House has not identified new appointees to the boards.
~Snip~
Hiler said, “It’s not clear what the basis for this purge is. A plain reading of the statute that created the Board in 1879, which includes traditionally bipartisan appointments by congressional leaders, says the president’s appointees serve three-year terms.”
“To my knowledge, the Service Academy Boards have always enjoyed a tradition of bi-partisanship,” Hiler said.
“As an alum and a former naval officer, my only concern is making sure the U.S. Naval Academy is fulfilling its mission of developing officers capable of leading our country’s Navy. Defending the country’s interests at sea, especially with what’s going on in the world today, is not something that should be influenced by partisan politics, and I regret that this Administration apparently sees things differently.”
Former Naval officer Anthony Parker and retired Rear Adm. Joseph Walsh are also getting booted from the Naval Academy board, the White House confirmed.
The laws establishing the boards do not clearly explain a president’s power to fire members, saying, “The persons designated by the President serve for three years each…. The President shall designate two persons each year to succeed the members whose terms expire that year.”
It’s not immediately clear which board members will join the legal challenge announced by Spicer. An existing lawsuit led by Air Force Academy board member Heidi Stirrup challenges the Biden administration’s decision to suspend the operation of the boards earlier this year.

Comment:
It's no secret that Progressive Marxist/DSA Democrat Commies hate everything created by Trump in his four year term.
The deep seated hatred for Trump continues. Biden wants nothing Trump in his reign to remain.
Of all people retired General Jack Keane to be removed.
The entire Obama third term administration should resign immediately. Looking for all the good they've done, and looking, and looking. I'll be damned if I can find anything any one of them have done with the exception of trying to cover up each others lies. And by the way, it's not about Trump, it's about senility and unqualified uncle Joey Xi. Just look at what he's done to the country so far in less than seven months, Sad that we still have another year of he and his minions destructiveness. Fear for the country.
Progressive Marxist/DSA Democrat Commies want the military purged of conservatives, and be filled with those who’s ideals are the same as Joey Xi so there will not be any dissension among the ranks when the military is turned on the civilian population when the time comes.

So? Had Trump done it you'd be justifying it.

They are clearly more qualified than the political hacks Xiden would replace them with.
I can't find the law with google, but heard someone say that on TV. The courts will have a say, several plan legal action, so they must have some legal basis.

They are clearly more qualified than the political hacks Xiden would replace them with.
I can't find the law with google, but heard someone say that on TV. The courts will have a say, several plan legal action, so they must have some legal basis.
Fascinating. You can predict the future now. Hard to be bigger political hacks than Conway and Spicer but I’m willing to give Biden a chance.

Still looking for the law that says they can’t be fired.

Now I don't know all of the folks who were asked to resign from their little 'reward' gig that Trump handed out to loyalists. Sean Spicer, Pam Bondi, Rudy Giuliani's son, KellyAnn Conway, to name a few.

The former president as the curtain was coming down on his term in office handed out these 'assignments' as little candy kisses to those who were loyal.....or who he wanted to keep loyal. After all, I'll need to be convinced our service academies will be poorer because Pam Bondi ain't on one of its minor boards or Kelly Ann ain't on the 'Visitors Board'.

I did just a short nano search of who these 'reward babies' were and what they were earning on this supposed 3yr gig. I couldn't find their salaries. If any one can, well that would be helpful.

Is 'featherbedding' still a word?

"They are clearly more qualified than the political hacks Xiden would replace them with."

Umm, maybe think that one through a bit more, poster 'kyzr'....... your partisanship is kinda showing.

I would suggest you know next to nothing about the qualifications of those fired, and you know even less about whoever...whenever....some folks are designated.

So, just to look a little more reflective, a little more contemplative, a little more thoughtful......maybe wait a bit and see who is gonna be who.

From the 'Free Advice for Dummies'..2nd edition.

Fascinating. You can predict the future now. Hard to be bigger political hacks than Conway and Spicer but I’m willing to give Biden a chance.

Still looking for the law that says they can’t be fired.
There are 16 people Xiden wants to replace. So why replace competent people, unless its with political hacks. Are the academies in crisis? NO. Is there a problem with the academies? NO. So why replace competent appointees unless its to impose PC nonsense?

Ah yeah, setting a precedent. Wait til the next republican president comes along...

What goes around comes around....

Ah hell, who am I kidding. Repubs in government don't have the spine to use the dems tricks against them.

Grats dems on your win! Enjoy it!

Umm, maybe think that one through a bit more, poster 'kyzr'....... your partisanship is kinda showing.

I would suggest you know next to nothing about the qualifications of those fired, and you know even less about whoever...whenever....some folks are designated.

So, just to look a little more reflective, a little more contemplative, a little more thoughtful......maybe wait a bit and see who is gonna be who.

From the 'Free Advice for Dummies'..2nd edition.
1. Re-read post #26 to see that there are highly qualified among the 16. Sean is a LT. Commander in the Naval Reserve, so he is in-fact qualified. Unlike the Xiden morons who made the catastrophe in AFG.
2. Why replace competent people unless you plan some kind of PC nonsense? There is nothing wrong with how the academies are being run, except maybe for some CRT or "white rage" bullshit.
3. Any bets WHO is gonna be WHO? I'll take fully "woke" for $1000 Alex...we'll see.

As Mitch McConnell said, about positions like that. They should be left vacant during a presidential election cycle, and filled by the winner of the election, in order to listen to the will of the people.

"Why replace competent people...."
Pam Biondi?
Andrew Giuliani?
Kelly Ann on the 'Visitors Board'?
Look, poster 'kyzr' you ride those 'reward babies' for as far as they'll take you.

Me? I kinda sorta look at it as patronage featherbedding.
Rewards for silence.... in the past and in the future.
But that's just me.

(Andrew Giuliani? Really?)

Forum List

Back