Anatomy of a furry convention:A world where LGBT is the majority

Until the Furries start demanding the right to wear the stuff at work by government fiat, they can do as they please.

Keep it at the conventions, in the homes, and maybe an occasional parade (without the sex stuff outside of course)

and also

View attachment 557369

I believe you are lost, 4chan and Encylopedia Dramatica are that way>>>>

Also, furry for the most part is a family friendly thing.

I read about a story where a reporter went undercover as a attendee at a convention and tried to find any seedy stuff, but she wasn't able to at all.

That's another difference between a Furry con and its sci-fi/fantasy predecessors: the majority of the Furries knew each other, either from earlier cons or Internet chat rooms. Walk through a sci-fi or comic con and you'll get no shortage of party invitations to check out some space-opera bootleg or a copy of the latest anime craze. I found no open invitations from strangers among the Furries.
Hell Hath No Furries
—Jennifer Abel, Hell Hath No Furries

Hell Hath No Furries
Every half-hour I went to the bathroom to take notes in a private stall, and at 9 p.m. wrote: "May as well have gone to a Catholic school Halloween party. The dance starts in half an hour. Maybe something will happen there."
Hell Hath No Furries
—Jennifer Abel, Hell Hath No Furries

Hell Hath No Furries
The Furry convention wasn't a sex thing but the exact opposite: an innocent world of children's-book animals, where a 3-year-old can roam with impunity and a maladjusted kid can enter the room with nobody leaving

The “Furry” scene in The Shining was the most random and creepy thing ever.

A few years ago I was staying at the William Penn Hotel in Pittsburgh. We get there and there happens to be a Furry Convention there. You know what happened? Absolutely nothing. I went about doing what I was going to do and they did the same.

I think that's an annual event. I was there for work several years ago and there was a furry convention going on in downtown Pittsburgh. I remember seeing a bunch of them walking across the bridge.

Forum List

Back