Analysis: The GOP's Toxic Squabble Demonstrates the Challenges for A Party Still Controlled By trump

BertramN

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2016
Analysis: The GOP's Toxic Squabble Demonstrates the Challenges for A Party Still Controlled By trump

There have been many news articles and opinion pieces explaining the GOP’s “problems” of being under the cheeto-in-chief’s thumb a full year after he lost to Biden by a landslide. What the authors of these columns seem to ignore is the increasing support of centrists for the trumpublicans.

The “moderate” Democrats have spent the months since Biden’s inauguration intentionally sinking their chances to hold onto their meager congressional majority.

Led by Manchin and Sinema, the “moderate” Democrats have been doing Moscow Mitch’s dirty work for him. What little the Democrats have achieved proves the “moderates” disregard their constituents’ best interests in favor of their own and those of their major political contributors.

As the next twelve months unfold, there will be little need for trumpublicans to campaign. The “moderate” Democrats will continue their own screwing of the folks back home, all the while knowing there are 74 million trump fanatics and tens-of-millions of wishy-washy centrists ready to elect every Boebert, MTG, Gaetz, Cawthorn, and Gosar style trumpublican sycophant the GOP offers up November 8, 2022.

There is no question what the trumpublicans have planned for the nation when they become the congressional majority after the 2022 Mid-terms.

Message to liberal Democrats: It will be controlled by Trump for even longer. I expect Trump to run and win in 2024. Get used to Trump being in control.

Analysis: The GOP's Toxic Squabble Demonstrates the Challenges for A Party Still Controlled By trump.
They're getting what they want: Americans hating each other, divisions increasing everywhere, fantasy becoming reality, the government falling apart.

They just needed one guy to show up to release all the rage, frustration, bigotry and abject paranoia that had been building for decades.

Who knew it would be a flamboyant, hypersensitive, fast talking New York city billionaire.

There have been many news articles and opinion pieces explaining the GOP’s “problems” of being under the cheeto-in-chief’s thumb a full year after he lost to Biden by a landslide. What the authors of these columns seem to ignore is the increasing support of centrists for the trumpublicans.

The “moderate” Democrats have spent the months since Biden’s inauguration intentionally sinking their chances to hold onto their meager congressional majority.

Led by Manchin and Sinema, the “moderate” Democrats have been doing Moscow Mitch’s dirty work for him. What little the Democrats have achieved proves the “moderates” disregard their constituents’ best interests in favor of their own and those of their major political contributors.

As the next twelve months unfold, there will be little need for trumpublicans to campaign. The “moderate” Democrats will continue their own screwing of the folks back home, all the while knowing there are 74 million trump fanatics and tens-of-millions of wishy-washy centrists ready to elect every Boebert, MTG, Gaetz, Cawthorn, and Gosar style trumpublican sycophant the GOP offers up November 8, 2022.

There is no question what the trumpublicans have planned for the nation when they become the congressional majority after the 2022 Mid-terms.

Idiot

You are suppose to cry and whine after getting your arse beat, but not when you are in power and seemingly can do as you please.

And yes, your precious massive spending bills will get through, they always do.

They're getting what they want: Americans hating each other, divisions increasing everywhere, fantasy becoming reality, the government falling apart.

They just needed one guy to show up to release all the rage, frustration, bigotry and abject paranoia that had been building for decades.

Who knew it would be a flamboyant, hypersensitive, fast talking New York city billionaire.
I have no idea what you are smoking

Joe Biden is bringing the nation together. All is well. Good choice for President BTW.

What a leader!

1638357434274.png

Imagine if you will, a political party so corrupt and full of hate and inept that they would help elect Orange man, not once, but twice.

Their billionaire "guru" is taking them for millions-of-dollars in donations to his "cause". According to his long-time attorney and fixer, it's all a grift.

With his many years protecting trump from repaying his creditors and paying hush-money where necessary, who would know and understand the mental workings of the con man trump better than Michael Cohen?

Any expert confidence man tells the prospective victim(s) everything they want to hear. The trump Nazis' orange-tinted guru has become the beacon of his cultists' warped version of truth. He has inspired and encouraged his cult followers to live and breathe the racism, bigotry, homophobia, etc. he has preached since his first presidential campaign began in 2015.

At political rallies, his hate-speech wraps around them like a warm and comforting blanket, and, coming from their president, his fiery words offer his cultists the long-sought validation they've needed for their convoluted brand of patriotism.

Add to this the dithering centrists that pay no attention to the daily reality of our many unprincipled and self-serving lawmakers and powerbrokers. As each election comes and goes, their ignorance and indecisive participation is largely responsible for the backsliding our democracy currently faces.

the progs lost 20 house seats in 20.

Add to this the dithering centrists that pay no attention to the daily reality of our many unprincipled and self-serving lawmakers and powerbrokers. As each election comes and goes, their ignorance and indecisive participation is largely responsible for the backsliding our democracy currently faces.
This is the first time in my life that I've ever been seriously worried about my country, the first time in my life that I've begun to think that I've overestimated it. I never thought I'd see this kind of arrogantly ignorant, alternate universe, group pathology in America.

However...

Elections are about choices. And if the Democrats can't persuade and motivate Americans to get out and vote for them, that's not Trump's fault, and that's not the GOP's fault. The party is simply not attractive, and they may be losing their grip on "groups" they used to be able to take for granted. That's on them.

Now the GOP has figured out it can get its hands on the election process via Secretary of State offices and election boards. This doesn't get any better.

Last edited:
From the link:

In its totality, the embarrassing inter-party schism -- and the lack of immediate consequences for Boebert's inflammatory comments -- underscored that the gutter politics that Trump ushered into Washington have only gotten worse following his retreat from the White House.

In the absence of consequences, the behavior only seems to grow more abhorrent -- and that could cost Republicans at the ballot box next year as they try to win back moderate and suburban voters who were alienated by Trump.

Here’s the problem with these comments. The GOP still has the advantage going into 2022. The Presidents party losing seats and/or majorities is the rule vs the exception. The author is entitled to his opinion, but….

This is the first time in my life that I've ever been seriously worried about my country, the first time in my life that I've begun to think that I've overestimated it. I never thought I'd see this kind of arrogantly ignorant, alternate universe, group pathology in America.

However...

Elections are about choices. And if the Democrats can't persuade and motivate Americans to get out and vote for them, that's not Trump's fault, and that's not the GOP's fault. The party is simply not attractive, and they may be losing their grip on "groups" they used to be able to take for granted. That's on them.

Now the GOP has figured out it can get its hands on the election process via Secretary of State offices and election boards. This doesn't get any better.
Well let's see, it was 1939 all over again in 2016 according to Democrats when Trump won office, now what year is it?

If so, that would make it close to 1950 in 2024.

Those were good years weren't they?

However...

Don't forget the restrictive voting laws passed in red states to make it very difficult for minority voters. Coupled with Manchin's refusal to vote with the Democrats to end the filibuster and pass the John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act of 2021, the trumpublicans should have no concerns with the Democrats pulling off any last-minute surprises next October. Not that they would want to, being the congressional majority makes the lazy, corporate-owned "moderate" Democrats work too hard for their graft..

Forum List

Back