An Unbelievable Work Ethic

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
I've searched by his name, haven't found a thread. If a dupe, my apolgies. He's now over $130k.

Wow, just wow. I'm so glad for the follow up after this article. (Really, you need to read the whole original article):

Heart and sole Detroiter walks 21 miles in work commute

Leaving home in Detroit at 8 a.m., James Robertson doesn't look like an endurance athlete.Pudgy of form, shod in heavy work boots, Robertson trudges almost haltingly as he starts another workday.
But as he steps out into the cold, Robertson, 56, is steeled for an Olympic-sized commute. Getting to and from his factory job 23 miles away in Rochester Hills, he'll take a bus partway there and partway home. And he'll also walk an astounding 21 miles.

Five days a week. Monday through Friday.

It's the life Robertson has led for the last decade, ever since his 1988 Honda Accord quit on him....

http://abc7chicago.com/society/meet-the-man-who-walks-21-miles-to-work-each-day/500921/

Monday, February 02, 2015 02:10PMThink your commute to work is long? It doesn't even compare to that of James Robertson.

Robertson, 56, is a Detroit native who walks a total of 21 miles to and from work each day because the city's bus system doesn't offer complete routes in his area, according to the Detroit Free Press. Robertson started the long commute when his 1988 Honda Accord broke down on him in 2005, and says that faith is what helps guide him through his long journeys.

"I'm not saying I'm a member of some church. But just before I get home, every night, I say, 'Lord, keep me safe,'" Robertson told the Detroit Free Press.

Robertson's commute starts at 8 a.m. each day, with Robertson finally arriving at work at 12:30 p.m. When Robertson is let off at 10 p.m., he doesn't arrive home until 4 a.m. the next day. According to the Detroit Free Press, Robertson walks over 4,000 miles each year in his commute.

The dedicated commuter's story went viral on Sunday, with numerous internet donations and fundraising sites being set up in his name. So far, over $50,000 has been raised for Robertson. One local car dealership offered to provide him with a 2014 Chevrolet Cruz or Sonic, after being impressed by Robertson's commute, according to USA Today.

You can find out more about James Robertson's long commute at the links below.

James Robertson GoFundMe page.

The real point of this story is a society that is cruel and barbaric in its requirements also failed to supply adequate transportation and so this man is forced to spend his entire life

HIS ENTIRE LIFE

Walking to being at and walking from work.

No time for family.

No time for life ..just

Work.

I thought we left that night mare dead and buried in the 1830s.

But here it is...the perfect example of the working man who never gets ahead...and dies in his own cess pool.

The real point of this story is a society that is cruel and barbaric in its requirements also failed to supply adequate transportation and so this man is forced to spend his entire life

HIS ENTIRE LIFE

No time for family.

No time for life ..just

Work.

But here it is...the perfect example of the working man who never gets ahead...and dies in his own cess pool.
Oh yeah, you nailed that. :rolleyes:

Why not move closer to work??? Maybe buy a cheap car? Or maybe he likes walking. His choice, be we do not owe him anything, if people want to help great. But it is not governments job to provide transportation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw him on FOX this morning.
His discipline is amazing, and it's great to see he'll now be rewarded with a new car and some money.

HIS ENTIRE LIFE

No time for family.

No time for life ..just

Work.

:lol::lmao::lol: Good one dude!! You actually sounded serious there for a second!

not one fellow employee lives in his direction at all and could give him a ride part way........

Obviously having a car isnt that important to the guy.
Hell,he'll probably get fat and die from heart disease now that he wont be getting any exercise. His death will be on your hands MoonG.
No exercise No peace.....

HIS ENTIRE LIFE

No time for family.

No time for life ..just

Work.

Society doesn't require shit. He can sit in a doorway and decompose if he wants, that's his right. He makes choices and no one else is responsible for making them work. I don't understand morons like you. The millions of others that find a way to get by and live decent lives are irrelevant, what matters is the one example that tugs on your mindless heart strings.

Thought you progressive extremists said it couldn't be done?

Here is a man who understands what it takes to survive in the world. I admire him and hope that he manages to work enough and save enough to improve his lot in life, or at least purchase a reliable used car.

I'll bet when he gets his car he'll park it somewhere and still walk any number of miles to work. At least after a while he will.

Most people bitch about DRIVING 21 miles to work. That part of the city is pretty dangerous day or night, making this even more remarkable. According to the story, he lives with his girlfriend in a house she inherited and doesn't make enough to move or own a car. This morning the donations are up to $150K, also remarkable and heart warming....Even with the economy in tough shape and a complete idiot in the WH, the American people still have a kindness and generosity no other nation can match.

Most people bitch about DRIVING 21 miles to work. That part of the city is pretty dangerous day or night, making this even more remarkable. According to the story, he lives with his girlfriend in a house she inherited and doesn't make enough to move or own a car. This morning the donations are up to $150K, also remarkable and heart warming....Even with the economy in tough shape and a complete idiot in the WH, the American people still have a kindness and generosity no other nation can match.
That's because Americans are generous, not all but the majority are....We like to help people that are at least trying to exist.....One of the reasons I love the USA......

Why not move closer to work??? Maybe buy a cheap car? Or maybe he likes walking. His choice, be we do not owe him anything, if people want to help great. But it is not governments job to provide transportation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But it is not governments job to provide transportation

gee who built the roads for people to use ? private enterprise?

gee who built the roads for people to use ? private enterprise?
Yep. Generally that's how it works. Private companies bid on the project and the government pays them with the people's money because that's what the people wanted them to do. Morons like you think government shits money and performs good deeds for its' subjects.

Forum List

Back