An important documentary - The Minimalist: Less is Now.

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
This should be shown in every High School across the country, then again in Universities... and then again when you get married.
A Challenge.... go to that closet, you know the one... the catch all closet. Or maybe it is your garage... the two car garage that you can only barely fit one car because.... like the closet - it is full of stuff.
Take inventory of the stuff.
Write it down.
What is the retail value of that stuff.... how much did you pay for all of this stuff.... how many $1000s was it?
How much is it worth now.... $50?
Now expand that to every thing you own... it is likely you have $10,000's of stuff you rarely use.
And you keep on buying.

Now go a little deeper. And discuss the phycology of why we do this. And what is the personal price beyond financial for constantly looking for the next consumer high.

Last edited:
Pretty easy for a 20 something kid to advocate a minimalist lifestyle. They don't have anything. What kind of "stuff" do minimalists think we should get rid of? Too many cars, too many hats, too much "stuff"? What if the stuff you have crammed into your garage is worth twice or ten times more than you paid for it? Sure there are hoarders who keep worthless junk like old pizza boxes but don't lecture me about my stuff.

Pretty easy for a 20 something kid to advocate a minimalist lifestyle. They don't have anything. What kind of "stuff" do minimalists think we should get rid of? Too many cars, too many hats, too much "stuff"? What if the stuff you have crammed into your garage is worth twice or ten times more than you paid for it? Sure there are hoarders who keep worthless junk like old pizza boxes but don't lecture me about my stuff.
:rolleyes:

Forum List

Back