An example of MAJOR Leftist soft bigotry manifesting in Schools. Simply Incredible.

It's pretty clear to me that EVERYONE failed this kid, his parents, the school, and society at large.

An interesting statement. To what degree did people fail?

Like, how much onus do you put on each? And how did "society at large", a portion you added, fail this kid?

If I had to give a percentage, I would say the onus of this kids failure is
75% the kid and parent for missing 272 days, a 0.13 GPA, and not knowing anything about what was happening in the kids school life.
25% the school for bowing to woke ideology and pushing unqualified black kids through school in fear of being called racist.
I have no clue about percentages but it hardly matters since every case is unique. His mom failed big time as she was the first responder for him. Was she prepared for motherhood? Did she come from a broken home and never had a decent role model? Did society step in and give her the guidance she needed to be an effective parent? Did the school just send home a report card and assume his parents will know how to handle it? Did society give the school the resources to deal with the issues?

It takes a village to fail a child.

I have no clue about percentages but it hardly matters since every case is unique. His mom failed big time as she was the first responder for him. Was she prepared for motherhood? Did she come from a broken home and never had a decent role model? Did society step in and give her the guidance she needed to be an effective parent? Did the school just send home a report card and assume his parents will know how to handle it? Did society give the school the resources to deal with the issues?

So you think society, not individuals, are to be the determiners on how to be an effective parent? I whole-heartedly disagree. You're very collectivist in your rhetoric here. Sure, a child can flourish from being a part of a "village", but the responsibility for the child isn't the village's, it's the parents, and the child themselves.

Meanwhile, that's quite a rabbit hole you're going down suggesting a broken home and role mode. While you're correct in the assumption based on data of single-parent households in the black community, you also seem to admit that it's not a good setup. So, we have a specific culture that is well above all others in producing poor family environments... what do we do? Do we encourage them to provide better family situations? Or do we enable it further by catering to it. You seem to want to do the latter, while at the same time acknowledging it's not good.

So you think society, not individuals, are to be the determiners on how to be an effective parent? I whole-heartedly disagree. You're very collectivist in your rhetoric here. Sure, a child can flourish from being a part of a "village", but the responsibility for the child isn't the village's, it's the parents, and the child themselves.

Meanwhile, that's quite a rabbit hole you're going down suggesting a broken home and role mode. While you're correct in the assumption based on data of single-parent households in the black community, you also seem to admit that it's not a good setup. So, we have a specific culture that is well above all others in producing poor family environments... what do we do? Do we encourage them to provide better family situations? Or do we enable it further by catering to it. You seem to want to do the latter, while at the same time acknowledging it's not good.
"So you think society, not individuals, are to be the determiners on how to be an effective parent?"
Yes I do. The goal of every parent should be a well-adjusted, happy, healthy child who is a productive member of society.

"the responsibility for the child isn't the village's, it's the parents, and the child themselves"
It is all the above. If the child fails the village also pays the price and has, therefore, also failed.

"data of single-parent households in the black community, you also seem to admit that it's not a good setup"
It's a terrible setup but, while Blacks have the highest percent of single parents, Whites have the highest number of single parents. I don't wish to 'cater' to single parents, I wish to enable all families to be two-parent families. If it takes support from the 'village' I'm all in favor.

She was a single parent who had to work three jobs.

Society set her up for failure when it told her being a single mom was a good idea.

Forum List

Back