An example of how a majority of Democrats are really dumb about taxes.

I'm not sure what country you live in but here in the US there was a major corporate tax cut and I didn't see any prices go down.
/——-/ Well, if you didn’t see it then it never happened. You are the board expert on how corporations set their pricing. But how do you think corporations treat overhead.
I didn't see anything that said prices fell after the tax cut, did you?
I'm not sure what country you live in but here in the US there was a major corporate tax cut and I didn't see any prices go down.
/——-/ Well, if you didn’t see it then it never happened. You are the board expert on how corporations set their pricing. But how do you think corporations treat overhead.
/——-/ The companies are free to use the tax cut anyway they want. Reducing prices is one, however raising taxes will cause them to include that increased tax in their overhead. Why can’t you understand that simple concept.
Get a clue, will ya?Are Most Corporate Tax Hikes Passed on to Consumers? - Financial Web
“Furthermore, there are many times when a tax hike increases costs for the corporation and those higher costs are passed along to the consumer – in the form of higher prices for products and services.”
What was the benefit of Trump's tax cut to taxpayers? Actual not theoretical.

Yes, comrade. To not take someone's money is to give them money because all money is the people's money, heir Marx
Alas, Trump's tax cuts were not equally distributed with some getting to keep more of their money than others. That sounds like communism to me.

So people keeping more of their own money is communism now?
If you get to keep all your money while I'm still paying taxes that you benefit from, you can call it what you will, I don't like it.

So you must not like that more than 40% of people pay no income tax at all right?
If they are poor, no problem. If they are billionaires, problem.
so now you do think it's ok for some people not to pay taxes.

And what billionaire pays zero taxes?
Ironically, I'd guess the poor generally pay a greater percent of their income in taxes than the rich do.

I know one billionaire who only paid $750 in income taxes in 2017.

then you must be in favor if a flat tax so everyone pays the same percentage of their income in taxes
Most of the taxes we pay are flat taxes. They don't all need to be flat.

Yes, comrade. To not take someone's money is to give them money because all money is the people's money, heir Marx
Alas, Trump's tax cuts were not equally distributed with some getting to keep more of their money than others. That sounds like communism to me.

If you get to keep all your money while I'm still paying taxes that you benefit from, you can call it what you will, I don't like it.

So you must not like that more than 40% of people pay no income tax at all right?

Ironically, I'd guess the poor generally pay a greater percent of their income in taxes than the rich do.

then you must be in favor if a flat tax so everyone pays the same percentage of their income in taxes

It's the only way to make sure everyone pays the same percentage of their income in taxes.

What is so different about income that it needs a special, overly convoluted ten thousand page collection of rules?

/——-/ The companies are free to use the tax cut anyway they want. Reducing prices is one, however raising taxes will cause them to include that increased tax in their overhead. Why can’t you understand that simple concept.
Get a clue, will ya?Are Most Corporate Tax Hikes Passed on to Consumers? - Financial Web
“Furthermore, there are many times when a tax hike increases costs for the corporation and those higher costs are passed along to the consumer – in the form of higher prices for products and services.”
What was the benefit of Trump's tax cut to taxpayers? Actual not theoretical.
/——-/ Taxpayers actually got to keep more of their own money which went to discretionary spending, paying down debt, and savings. You must think government knows best how to spend your money. Sad.

/—-/ I support a flat tax but only if the 16th Amendment is repealed. Otherwise, it would just be another added tax. Besides, Congress would only increase the flat tax in increments every year.

So, they eat it, just like we have to.
If they pass to much of their taxes on to the consumer, guess what?
They won't have many return customers.
If corporations want to profit from doing business in America, they can kick in to support it, just like we do.
Like another commenter stated, did corporations lower prices after receiving all those tax cuts, give their employees a raise or open new location?
No.

May 17 2018
We’re starting to learn what America’s biggest companies are doing with the huge windfalls from President Donald Trump’s tax cuts. And the answer is great for investors – but not so great for workers.

That’s because many companies are returning huge portions of their billions in tax savings to shareholders in the form of share buybacks and dividend increases — not necessarily new hiring and investment.

Companies are on track to plow a record $1 trillion into boosting dividends and buying back their own stock this year, says Howard Silverblatt, senior index analyst S&P Dow Jones Indices.

Buybacks are a strategy to boost stock prices – by reducing the number of shares outstanding, which artificially increases a company’s earning per share. But they do little to improve the economy.
money.com › companies-spending-trump-tax-cuts

"Tax cuts are passed onto the consumer" is the reason given for the past 40 years of not raising or raising the corporate tax rate.

As effective as corporate tax cuts "pay for themselves".
/——/ A corporate tax hike affects all companies meaning everyone pays more. But, you are correct that there wouldn’t be as many return customers because we would have less disposable income to buy stuff.

It's the only way to make sure everyone pays the same percentage of their income in taxes.

What is so different about income that it needs a special, overly convoluted ten thousand page collection of rules?
I don't think we're talking about the same 'flat' tax.

A flat income tax.

Why should income be treated differently than any other item that is taxed by the government?

/—-/ I support a flat tax but only if the 16th Amendment is repealed. Otherwise, it would just be another added tax. Besides, Congress would only increase the flat tax in increments every year.

Exactly. The problem is that no matter how much money the government takes from us it will never be enough.

We need to starve the government into submission.

My point exactly. The money needs to be in hands of those who need to spend it. Not for those of us who have what we need and save it.
Do you save it under your pillow or do you save it at the bank, who then loan it out to people who need it to spend?!?
Ahhhh. Another trickle down sunshine pumper. Tells us. How has trickle down been working? Spoiler alert: We’ve never had a more unequal balance of wealth. Ever.
why dont you ever comment on the topic at hand???
I did. You’re going to suggested giving rich people breaks so that they save money and invest in stocks drives the economy and trickles down to workers. It’s bull shit.
works better than your idea,,

My point exactly. The money needs to be in hands of those who need to spend it. Not for those of us who have what we need and save it.
Do you save it under your pillow or do you save it at the bank, who then loan it out to people who need it to spend?!?
Ahhhh. Another trickle down sunshine pumper. Tells us. How has trickle down been working? Spoiler alert: We’ve never had a more unequal balance of wealth. Ever.
why dont you ever comment on the topic at hand???
I did. You’re going to suggested giving rich people breaks so that they save money and invest in stocks drives the economy and trickles down to workers. It’s bull shit.
Ah.... So you are one of those people that believe the filthy wealthy bury the breaks in the back yard or hide beneath their mattresses?

I'm not all that impressed with Republicans thoughts on taxes either. I am for a flat tax, but in its discussion it is dealt with in an half-ass manner. The rate is just one of two factors in that proposition. The other factor is how we go about defining income. That definition should be just as simple and apply just as broadly, as the rate. Ideally it would eliminate all the current games we play to organize income into tax favorable categories instead of calling a spade a spade.

I'm not all that impressed with Republicans thoughts on taxes either. I am for a flat tax, but in its discussion it is dealt with in an half-ass manner. The rate is just one of two factors in that proposition. The other factor is how we go about defining income. That definition should be just as simple and apply just as broadly, as the rate. Ideally it would eliminate all the current games we play to organize income into tax favorable categories instead of calling a spade a spade.
/—-/ The Flat Tax is a fantasy. Politicians get too much power and donations from out tax code.

The one tax I'd like to see dramatically increased is the inheritance tax. Passing on immense wealth to the next generation creates a nobility that we don't need.

The one tax I'd like to see dramatically increased is the inheritance tax. Passing on immense wealth to the next generation creates a nobility that we don't need.
jus like a dem to steal a dead persons money,,,

Guilty as charged, I do like the living more than the dead.
as the OP states,, you dont understand taxs,, they are not meant to punish success,, but you being a fascist prick have no problem doing that,,,
They are not meant to punish success (something that is hard to do when the person is dead) they are meant to make the society work. Tying up wealth for generations is not good for society.

Guilty as charged, I do like the living more than the dead.
as the OP states,, you dont understand taxs,, they are not meant to punish success,, but you being a fascist prick have no problem doing that,,,
They are not meant to punish success (something that is hard to do when the person is dead) they are meant to make the society work. Tying up wealth for generations is not good for society.
try reading the constitution,, theres a special section about what taxs/tariffs can be used for,,,

and making society work isnt one of them,,

and they dont tie up anything because theres a lot of other money out there and you can also create your own by earning it or creating something new,,
money does grow on trees,,,

the OP was designed with you in mind,,,

Forum List

Back