An example of how a majority of Democrats are really dumb about taxes.

How many times have you read/heard Democrats/progressives complain about how corporations are evil. That businesses only interest in profit. That they should be taxed more. Dummy Joe Biden will on Wednesday propose a tax strategy that would increase the U.S. corporate tax rate to 28% from 21%
Good example of how ignorant people are is this comment:
  • Former President Donald Trump’s signature tax law, the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, cut taxes for most Americans. Its benefits went mostly to the rich.

For you dummies out there:
Do you think that corporations took the tax cuts and :
1) Buried the extra money in the back yard or
2) did they hide it in their mattresses.
What do you think they did?
Well for one thing they brought back from offshore where THEY were not paying 28% taxes more than $1 trillion of overseas profits
So what did they do with that $1 trillion... bury it the back yard or hide it in their mattresses?
What do you think they did? OH yea... they paid the $1 trillion to corporate Execs.! Yea that's it.
OK did these execs bury it in the back yard or hide it in their mattresses?
The point is you idiots that don't understand how money buried in the backyard or hidden in the mattresses doesn't do anything...much less for those that buried or hidden the money!
So what happens?
I'd be happy to explain but you idiots probably haven't read down this far as it is with your 30 second attention span!
Some things that may have happened to that $1 trillion and the savings in corporate taxes.
A) Manufacturers built more factories, hired more people, bought more goods and services.
B) Companies invested in start-up companies taking greater risks because they had more money to risk!
All in all $1 trillion brought back was almost all re-invested and not as you dummies think buried in the back yard or hidden!
Every single reputable study has shown these tax cuts didn’t pay for themselves. It already been pointed to that the profits went to share buybacks effectively increasing the wealth of the wealthy with virtually zippo driving spending. An OP calling people dumb then face planting on the diving board isn’t a good look.

What we need are higher taxes and tax sheltering of profits from overseas regulated. Too many international companies avoid taxes.
I asked what do these evil wealthy people do with their wealth? Bury in the backyard or hide beneath the mattress? What do they do with that wealth? Where does it go?
These evil wealthy buy yachts? Means employees at yacht companies have jobs for example.
Or do the evil build homes, buy cars, clothes, what do they do with these evil dollars?
Save. We save. Save more.

Great, you save more. Have you ever heard of the Paradox of Thrift?
"the paradox of thrift" is abracadabra concured up by John Manord Keynes. It's utter bullshit.

Can you explain the meaning of that word salad, or is this just another cut and paste! How did Keynes "concured up" anything. What does it even mean?

And it's John Maynard Keynes.

youre thinking about the lockdown and how its the biggest transfer of wealth from th poor to the rich in history
As if the bottom has wealth to transfer. Are you just letting a monkey run over your keyboard?

The biggest wealth transfer was the government telling wealthy and corporations that they didn’t have to pay taxes but could just keep amassing wealth at historic rates.Damn the righties are broken Intellectually.

Another Marxist who says not taking their money is giving them money
Let’s get rid of all government and all taxes. Are you an anarchist?? Fucking anarchist here. Kaz is an anarchist!!!

youre thinking about the lockdown and how its the biggest transfer of wealth from th poor to the rich in history
As if the bottom has wealth to transfer. Are you just letting a monkey run over your keyboard?

The biggest wealth transfer was the government telling wealthy and corporations that they didn’t have to pay taxes but could just keep amassing wealth at historic rates.Damn the righties are broken Intellectually.
it takes a lot of stupid to deflect that bad,,,

of course the poor have money,, how else would they provide food and housing for their existence??

It takes even more stupid to believe that all of that money the corporations acquired during the lockdown didn't come from all of those stimulus payments:

of course the poor have money,, how else would they provide food and housing for their existence??
Silly rabbit. Trix are for kids. Follow the trail up. The deflection was you abandoning defense of trickle down economics and deflecting to pandemic shut down dumbass. Follow it back up. And you have the nerve to shout deflection?!? What a clown. Trickle down doesn’t work to do anything but build wealth for rich people. Keep giving me those breaks. I’ll just keep accumulating wealth.
thats funny cause I've never worked for a poor person,, they were all rich and when they spent money I made money,,

just like the private jet industry,, they got attacked and then had to lay off workers that made money building them, that same thing happens in dozens of other industries,,

Let’s get rid of all government and all taxes. Are you an anarchist?? Fucking anarchist here. Kaz is an anarchist!!!
just like an idiot to go from one extreme to another,,

It takes even more stupid to believe that all of that money the corporations acquired during the lockdown didn't come from all of those stimulus payments:

you just proved my point,,,

So our choices are that all the money is the governments and everything they don't take is giving us money or zero taxes and anarchy.

What a dumb ass

The only way for "billionaires" to avoid taxes is to pump money into growing businesses. Why is that a problem, that they deduct their expenses growing the economy?
That is not the only way. If you own a property and agree not to develop it you may get a tax break. If you are unscrupulous you might inflate the value your property to boost your tax credit. Here is a recent example.
A billionaire would never be able to do that to the point of not paying taxes
You'd think so wouldn't you, but you'd be wrong. I don't know if any laws were broken but Trump paid $750 in income taxes in 2017. Way less than I did.
he paid more than that,, not sure why you keep lying about it,, over his lifetime hes paid hundreds of millions not to mention the revenue created by his hiring of tens of thousands of people,,,, have you paid millions in taxs??
I guess you've seen his tax returns then? I didn't think he ever released them.

We didn't support Trump and you didn't oppose Trump because of his taxes. They are irrelevant, fascist
actually I didnt even vote for trump,, doesnt mean I will let dems get away with a political hitjob when they are ten times worse than what they accuse trump of,,

I didn't mean it that specifically. I'm just saying taxes doesn't affect anyone's view of Trump either way.

alang1216 is just a fascist who wants to weaponize the IRS
did you notice how alang went from talking about taxs to complaining trump only paid 750 and ignored all the people like all sharpton that are millions of dollars in unpaid taxs??
I don't condone any illegal actions if sharpton broke the law he should pay but kaz raised the issue of how billionaires can avoid taxes. I thoughtfully provided from educated on how one billionaire is alleged to have done it. No need to thank me.

The only way for "billionaires" to avoid taxes is to pump money into growing businesses. Why is that a problem, that they deduct their expenses growing the economy?
That is not the only way. If you own a property and agree not to develop it you may get a tax break. If you are unscrupulous you might inflate the value your property to boost your tax credit. Here is a recent example.
A billionaire would never be able to do that to the point of not paying taxes
You'd think so wouldn't you, but you'd be wrong. I don't know if any laws were broken but Trump paid $750 in income taxes in 2017. Way less than I did.
he paid more than that,, not sure why you keep lying about it,, over his lifetime hes paid hundreds of millions not to mention the revenue created by his hiring of tens of thousands of people,,,, have you paid millions in taxs??
I guess you've seen his tax returns then? I didn't think he ever released them.

We didn't support Trump and you didn't oppose Trump because of his taxes. They are irrelevant, fascist
actually I didnt even vote for trump,, doesnt mean I will let dems get away with a political hitjob when they are ten times worse than what they accuse trump of,,

I didn't mean it that specifically. I'm just saying taxes doesn't affect anyone's view of Trump either way.

alang1216 is just a fascist who wants to weaponize the IRS
did you notice how alang went from talking about taxs to complaining trump only paid 750 and ignored all the people like all sharpton that are millions of dollars in unpaid taxs??
I don't condone any illegal actions if sharpton broke the law he should pay but kaz raised the issue of how billionaires can avoid taxes. I thoughtfully provided from educated on how one billionaire is alleged to have done it. No need to thank me.
everyone uses the same tax code,,,

just like an idiot to go from one extreme to another,,
Just like an idiot you didn’t notice I was mocking you for screaming Marxist. If you don’t believe in taxes you don’t believe in government. What the fuck makes 21% right and 28% Marxist? You have zero to stand on.

So our choices are that all the money is the governments and everything they don't take is giving us money or zero taxes and anarchy.

What a dumb ass
What makes 21% American freedom and 28% everything? So little brainpower on the right. You guys only know how to cry Wolf and use buzzwords. You want to debate be honest about it:

- Our tax structure has put wealth in record level concentrations at the top
- Our tax structure is creating world record deficits.
- Republicans out spent Democrats in the last several decades
- There is only one answer: Raise taxes to reduce deficits and spread out wealth accumulation so that it benefits the bottom much more than it does today.

You brought up a scenario that had zero changes of a billionaire wiping out his tax bill

What a dumb ass
What makes 21% American freedom and 28% everything? So little brainpower on the right. You guys only know how to cry Wolf and use buzzwords. You want to debate be honest about it:

- There is only one answer: Raise taxes to reduce deficits and spread out wealth accumulation so that it benefits the bottom much more than it does today.

You're just babbling bull shit, fascist.

And our deficits are created by out of control SPENDING

What a dumb ass

Cut the defense spending by $300B, eliminate corporate subsidies(including farms), freeze spending growth rates 2%, nationalize healthcare, and raise taxes on the rich. Done.

What a dumb ass

Cut the defense spending by $300B, eliminate corporate subsidies(including farms), freeze spending growth rates 2%, nationalize healthcare, and raise taxes on the rich. Done.

That won't remotely balance the budget. Our spending is out of control and Democrats are taking Trump's absurd spending levels to new heights

You brought up a scenario that had zero changes of a billionaire wiping out his tax bill
Not sure what you meant but a billionaire paying $750 in income taxes has essentially wiped out his tax bill.

How many times have you read/heard Democrats/progressives complain about how corporations are evil. That businesses only interest in profit. That they should be taxed more. Dummy Joe Biden will on Wednesday propose a tax strategy that would increase the U.S. corporate tax rate to 28% from 21%
Good example of how ignorant people are is this comment:
  • Former President Donald Trump’s signature tax law, the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, cut taxes for most Americans. Its benefits went mostly to the rich.

For you dummies out there:
Do you think that corporations took the tax cuts and :
1) Buried the extra money in the back yard or
2) did they hide it in their mattresses.
What do you think they did?
Well for one thing they brought back from offshore where THEY were not paying 28% taxes more than $1 trillion of overseas profits
So what did they do with that $1 trillion... bury it the back yard or hide it in their mattresses?
What do you think they did? OH yea... they paid the $1 trillion to corporate Execs.! Yea that's it.
OK did these execs bury it in the back yard or hide it in their mattresses?
The point is you idiots that don't understand how money buried in the backyard or hidden in the mattresses doesn't do anything...much less for those that buried or hidden the money!
So what happens?
I'd be happy to explain but you idiots probably haven't read down this far as it is with your 30 second attention span!
Some things that may have happened to that $1 trillion and the savings in corporate taxes.
A) Manufacturers built more factories, hired more people, bought more goods and services.
B) Companies invested in start-up companies taking greater risks because they had more money to risk!
All in all $1 trillion brought back was almost all re-invested and not as you dummies think buried in the back yard or hidden!
28 percent isnt even what it was before trump.
1*4p88EAfZI8z1FibW0aaxJA.png

what benefit has this chronically falling corporate tax rate had ?
Seems to me it just makes the rich more rich, while everything else crumbles.
Don't you dummies that complain about the rich being more rich ever get honest and recognize the simple fact.
You either weren't smart enough or industrious enough to become one of those filthy rich.
I am not one of those "filthy rich". I am though for the most part an honest person who doesn't blame the "filthy rich" .
That's so idiotic because 200 years ago there were far fewer "filthy rich" than today.
But more importantly 200 years ago those few "filthy rich" didn't have what YOU a dummy has today!
A) NO internet meaning instant answers to any dummies questions...
B) NO cell phone... again instant communication with anyone anywhere in the world. What did the "filthy rich" have equal to it?
Our analysis shows that there were approximately 10 million free government cell phone users at the end of 2013.
C) Did the "filthy rich" have free housing as" over 5 million low-income households receive federal rental assistance."
Federal Rental Assistance Fact Sheets | Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
D) How many people get some kind of welfare payments?
There are over 59 million Americans that receive welfare during an average month. SNAP is the biggest welfare program in the US. Children, the disabled and elderly constitute the majority of public benefit recipients. More women than men are dependent on food stamps. Straight Talk on Welfare Statistics (25+ Stats & Facts) | Fortunly

Think about that the next time you complain about the "filthy wealthy"...
Free food. Free rent. Free internet. Free cell phones.
200 years ago, anybody could feed and house themselves, either by farming or hunting.
Such a lame justification for ever increasing inequality, that technology was non-existent 200 years ago.

Yes, comrade. To not take someone's money is to give them money because all money is the people's money, heir Marx
Alas, Trump's tax cuts were not equally distributed with some getting to keep more of their money than others. That sounds like communism to me.

So people keeping more of their own money is communism now?
If you get to keep all your money while I'm still paying taxes that you benefit from, you can call it what you will, I don't like it.

So you must not like that more than 40% of people pay no income tax at all right?
If they are poor, no problem. If they are billionaires, problem.
so now you do think it's ok for some people not to pay taxes.

And what billionaire pays zero taxes?
So you think "billionaires" do

What a dumb ass

What more do you poor people want?

That's so idiotic because 200 years ago there were far fewer "filthy rich" than today.
But more importantly 200 years ago those few "filthy rich" didn't have what YOU a dummy poor has today!
A) NO internet meaning instant answers to any dummies questions...
B) NO cell phone... again instant communication with anyone anywhere in the world. What did the "filthy rich" have equal to it?
Our analysis shows that there were approximately 10 million free government cell phone users at the end of 2013.
C) Did the "filthy rich" have free housing as" over 5 million low-income households receive federal rental assistance."
Federal Rental Assistance Fact Sheets | Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
D) How many people get some kind of welfare payments?
There are over 59 million Americans that receive welfare during an average month. SNAP is the biggest welfare program in the US. Children, the disabled and elderly constitute the majority of public benefit recipients.
What more do you poor people want?
This is a federally-funded emergency increase in unemployment benefits which provides an additional $600 per week to individuals who receive a weekly benefit of at least $1 in the following unemployment benefits.
$2,400/month -- $28,800 a year in addition to no rent to pay, free food... free health care? What more do you poor people want?

What a dumb ass

I agree there can be some cuts to the military and all subsidies need to end, cut all spending increases and cut spending by 40% no socialist healthcare and no tax increase one anyone,,

and lets see how that turns out for a few yrs,,

Not sure what you meant but a billionaire paying $750 in income taxes has essentially wiped out his tax bill.
first you would have to know all the details of why he paid that much,,

do you know them??

New Topics

Forum List

Back