An example of how a majority of Democrats are really dumb about taxes.

Every time conservatives and their BS Supply Side Wreckanomics
tax breaks begin to surface what the USA gets are tax dollar money holes which in essence never pay back the taxpayers. It is a useless venture.

Supply Side Economics has been getting laughed off the stage for many many years. It has no foundation nor a working model. It is nothing more than a scam on the middle class because it is the middle class that essentially pick up the cost of such BS. The wealthy have loopholes, the poor don't make enough thus the middle class is easy prey for politicians.

The Green New Deal is sensible because it is investing in the USA and creating jobs which as a result will create other jobs and support existing employment as the money is spent throughout the USA. Plus we receive highway updates, bridges with stress fractures are replaced, local economies perk up etc etc etc thus our tax dollars are coming back home to roost rather than moving offshore supporting dictators.

You’re wrong.
No, everything I posted was correct and true.
We need to invest.
In your opinion. Invest your own f'n money, turdbreath.
It’s having a system where the top percent keeps a historical amount of its wealth
OMG, people are getting to keep more of their earnings? A marxist nightmare, that.
while the bottom is drained of it to simply survive
"Drained"? The poor are willingly making purchases. They are self-draining.
and the country still runs large deficits is the problem.
A problem caused by spending above revenue levels.
Wealthy people get a humongous benefit living in the USA.
What benefit is that?
They should pay for that benefit.
You sound like a typical jealous asshole loser. Make your own money and "invest" it any way you'd like. That's what winners do.

You’re wrong.
No, everything I posted was correct and true.
We need to invest.
In your opinion. Invest your own f'n money, turdbreath.
It’s having a system where the top percent keeps a historical amount of its wealth
OMG, people are getting to keep more of their earnings? A marxist nightmare, that.
while the bottom is drained of it to simply survive
"Drained"? The poor are willingly making purchases. They are self-draining.
and the country still runs large deficits is the problem.
A problem caused by spending above revenue levels.
Wealthy people get a humongous benefit living in the USA.
What benefit is that?
They should pay for that benefit.
You sound like a typical jealous asshole loser. Make your own money and "invest" it any way you'd like. That's what winners do.
I’m the 1% piling up money. Where you getting taxes from? People like me or the rabble who post on here? And I get plenty of benefit living in a country where my unique skill set affords me a lovely life and protects me from the rabble taking it. I’m willing to pay a lot more on taxes to keep my lifestyle.

I’m the 1% piling up money.
Why are you bitching about "investments" when you're the hypocritical a-hole piling up money? Who's stopping you from "investing"?
Where you getting taxes from?
I'm not getting any taxes from anywhere. Do you think I'm the government?
People like me or the rabble who post on here?
People like you are the rabble that posts here.
And I get plenty of benefit living in a country where my unique skill set affords me a lovely life and protects me from the rabble taking it.
Wow, you bought your wife? Is that even legal?
I’m willing to pay a lot more on taxes to keep my lifestyle
So do it and mind your own f'n business, virtue signaler. Don't be that dick that thinks he's entitled to make that decision for other people.

BTW, I call bullshit on your internet fantasy wealth.

How many times have you read/heard Democrats/progressives complain about how corporations are evil. That businesses only interest in profit. That they should be taxed more. Dummy Joe Biden will on Wednesday propose a tax strategy that would increase the U.S. corporate tax rate to 28% from 21%
Good example of how ignorant people are is this comment:
  • Former President Donald Trump’s signature tax law, the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, cut taxes for most Americans. Its benefits went mostly to the rich.

For you dummies out there:
Do you think that corporations took the tax cuts and :
1) Buried the extra money in the back yard or
2) did they hide it in their mattresses.
What do you think they did?
Well for one thing they brought back from offshore where THEY were not paying 28% taxes more than $1 trillion of overseas profits
So what did they do with that $1 trillion... bury it the back yard or hide it in their mattresses?
What do you think they did? OH yea... they paid the $1 trillion to corporate Execs.! Yea that's it.
OK did these execs bury it in the back yard or hide it in their mattresses?
The point is you idiots that don't understand how money buried in the backyard or hidden in the mattresses doesn't do anything...much less for those that buried or hidden the money!
So what happens?
I'd be happy to explain but you idiots probably haven't read down this far as it is with your 30 second attention span!
Some things that may have happened to that $1 trillion and the savings in corporate taxes.
A) Manufacturers built more factories, hired more people, bought more goods and services.
B) Companies invested in start-up companies taking greater risks because they had more money to risk!
All in all $1 trillion brought back was almost all re-invested and not as you dummies think buried in the back yard or hidden!
This is how Corporations spent their tax windfall and I have never heard anyone call Corporations "evil":
  • "Corporations are spending 154 times as much on stock buybacks as they are spending on workers’ bonuses and wages. Authorizations for stock buybacks, which overwhelmingly benefit the wealthy, have increased by $1 trillionsince the tax law was passed, while workers are getting $7.1 billion in one-time bonuses and wage increases.
    • The richest 1% own 40% of all stock; the richest 10% own 84%. [National Bureau of Economic Research/Washington Post] Stock buybacks waste money that could be used for useful investments, creating jobs and higher pay.
  • A total of 238,290 private-sector job cuts have been announced at 361 companies since the tax law was passed by Congress. [Job cuts spreadsheet] The actual job-loss total is higher, but some big companies, including Amazon and Wells Fargo, have not offered precise figures in their layoff announcements."
  • You have no clue.
So what do those 84% who own all the stock do with their money?
Bury in the back yard or hide in their mattresses?
What happens with their 84%? Hmmm....Where does it go? If those 84% sell all their stock, what would be their prices? What happens?
Oh yea... they'll bury it in their backyard or hide in their mattresses! Yeh... that's the ticket! Dummy!

The government is not efficient with our money, the lie that one political party is smarter than the other needs to be addressed. They are both wasteful & play fast and lose with our money. They love it that we are busy fighting each other. While they fill there pockets, keep there well paid jobs & give benefit's to those who make the biggest political donations.

I’m the 1% piling up money.
Why are you bitching about "investments" when you're the hypocritical a-hole piling up money? Who's stopping you from "investing"?
Where you getting taxes from?
I'm not getting any taxes from anywhere. Do you think I'm the government?
People like me or the rabble who post on here?
People like you are the rabble that posts here.
And I get plenty of benefit living in a country where my unique skill set affords me a lovely life and protects me from the rabble taking it.
Wow, you bought your wife? Is that even legal?
I’m willing to pay a lot more on taxes to keep my lifestyle
So do it and mind your own f'n business, virtue signaler. Don't be that dick that thinks he's entitled to make that decision for other people.

BTW, I call bullshit on your internet fantasy wealth.
Meh. I don’t care what you think. I work hard and am very talented and a bit lucky. It works out well as I’ve indicated. The wealthy can pay more into this country. My spending is pretty fixed. I just save more or way more depending on how much I make in a year. The tax burden isn’t on the top. We pay more as a percent sure... but we make way over the discretionary level needed to live.

How many times have you read/heard Democrats/progressives complain about how corporations are evil. That businesses only interest in profit. That they should be taxed more. Dummy Joe Biden will on Wednesday propose a tax strategy that would increase the U.S. corporate tax rate to 28% from 21%
  • Former President Donald Trump’s signature tax law, the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, cut taxes for most Americans. Its benefits went mostly to the rich.

Well for one thing they brought back from offshore where THEY were not paying 28% taxes more than $1 trillion of overseas profits
So what did they do with that $1 trillion... bury it the back yard or hide it in their mattresses?
What do you think they did? OH yea... they paid the $1 trillion to corporate Execs.! Yea that's it.
The point is you idiots that don't understand how money buried in the backyard or hidden in the mattresses doesn't do anything...much less for those that buried or hidden the money!
So what happens?
I'd be happy to explain but you idiots probably haven't read down this far as it is with your 30 second attention span!
Some things that may have happened to that $1 trillion and the savings in corporate taxes.
A) Manufacturers built more factories, hired more people, bought more goods and services.
B) Companies invested in start-up companies taking greater risks because they had more money to risk!
All in all $1 trillion brought back was almost all re-invested and not as you dummies think buried in the back yard or hidden!

The fact is that the tax cuts have done nothing that Republicans have claimed it would. It was not used to raise wages. Companies have used it to pay dividends to the already rich, stock buybacks and mergers.

Also if the yaces were raised to 28%, it would still be less than the 35% it was originally. Republicans want to stick the average middle class votder with estra taxes. Businesses also benefit from better infrastructure. Why should they not pay at least part of the bill.

So what happens?

The fact is that the tax cuts have done nothing that Republicans have claimed it would. It was not used to raise wages. Companies have used it to pay dividends to the already rich, stock buybacks and mergers.

Also if the yaces were raised to 28%, it would still be less than the 35% it was originally. Republicans want to stick the average middle class votder with estra taxes. Businesses also benefit from better infrastructure. Why should they not pay at least part of the bill.
Well evidently you don't even pay attention to the little red dotted lines, why then pay attention to bigger issues?
Screen Shot 2021-04-17 at 4.29.07 PM.png

What are the above?

So what happens?
Every single reputable study has shown these tax cuts didn’t pay for themselves. It already been pointed to that the profits went to share buybacks effectively increasing the wealth of the wealthy with virtually zippo driving spending. An OP calling people dumb then face planting on the diving board isn’t a good look.

What we need are higher taxes and tax sheltering of profits from overseas regulated. Too many international companies avoid taxes.
I asked what do these evil wealthy people do with their wealth? Bury in the backyard or hide beneath the mattress? What do they do with that wealth? Where does it go?
These evil wealthy buy yachts? Means employees at yacht companies have jobs for example.
Or do the evil build homes, buy cars, clothes, what do they do with these evil dollars?

So what happens?
Every single reputable study has shown these tax cuts didn’t pay for themselves. It already been pointed to that the profits went to share buybacks effectively increasing the wealth of the wealthy with virtually zippo driving spending. An OP calling people dumb then face planting on the diving board isn’t a good look.

What we need are higher taxes and tax sheltering of profits from overseas regulated. Too many international companies avoid taxes.
I asked what do these evil wealthy people do with their wealth? Bury in the backyard or hide beneath the mattress? What do they do with that wealth? Where does it go?
These evil wealthy buy yachts? Means employees at yacht companies have jobs for example.
Or do the evil build homes, buy cars, clothes, what do they do with these evil dollars?
Save. We save. Save more.

Was probably too many big words to understand.
Nah, just the ramblings of an internet blowhard who is so insecure in his own worth that he has brag about his wealth.
Fuck off, kid, you're not even fooling yourself, much less anyone else.

So what happens?
So far as I know, there were no spending cuts to offset the loss of taxes. That means that we, the taxpayers, borrowed money to give to those corporations and wealthy. Remind me what I got for my money?

The money my company saved with the tax cut was reinvested in the company with a massive hiring surge and a $2000 bonus for every employee and a boost in capital expenditure....creating thousands of jobs outside my company.

You dont understand corporate finance, do you?

Did they give the bonus under the old corporate tax rate or the new one?

So what happens?

Great, you save more. Have you ever heard of the Paradox of Thrift?

So what happens?

Great, you save more. Have you ever heard of the Paradox of Thrift?
My point exactly. The money needs to be in hands of those who need to spend it. Not for those of us who have what we need and save it.

you have taxs backwards,, they spend what they take in, not ask for more when they spend to much,,,

and are you saying spending cuts wont happen if we stop foreign aid to countries that dont like us??
What are you talking about? Who is 'they' that 'spend what they take in'?

There are many ways to cut spending. Foreign aid is a very tiny piece of the pie.
who the fuck do you think they are???

and foreign aid is just a start and you said you didnt know of anyway to cut spending and now you have one,,
I have no clue who you're talking about, certainly not businesses or people. They both borrow money to expand or buy a house.

I never said I didn't know a way to cut spending, I said foreign aid is not a big piece of it. I believe the biggest share goes to Israel. Would you cut that?

Instead, the dominant company response to the TCJA was stock buybacks.
Have we seen prices dropping because of this? Hardly. In fact right wingers have been whining about price increases lately

Have we seen massive hiring? Hardly. Employment is still below pandemic levels.

We HAVE seen the stock market go up though. And that primarily helps...yea...corporations and the wealthy

Who's the dummy here dummy (OP)?

Instead, the dominant company response to the TCJA was stock buybacks.
Have we seen prices dropping because of this? Hardly. In fact right wingers have been whining about price increases lately

Have we seen massive hiring? Hardly. Employment is still below pandemic levels.

We HAVE seen the stock market go up though. And that primarily helps...yea...corporations and the wealthy

Who's the dummy here dummy (OP)?
Arrogant ignorance is the hallmark of Trumpism, and it's never on display more clearly than when the economy is the issue.

Forum List

Back