An example of how a majority of Democrats are really dumb about taxes.

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
How many times have you read/heard Democrats/progressives complain about how corporations are evil. That businesses only interest in profit. That they should be taxed more. Dummy Joe Biden will on Wednesday propose a tax strategy that would increase the U.S. corporate tax rate to 28% from 21%
Good example of how ignorant people are is this comment:
  • Former President Donald Trump’s signature tax law, the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, cut taxes for most Americans. Its benefits went mostly to the rich.

For you dummies out there:
Do you think that corporations took the tax cuts and :
1) Buried the extra money in the back yard or
2) did they hide it in their mattresses.
What do you think they did?
Well for one thing they brought back from offshore where THEY were not paying 28% taxes more than $1 trillion of overseas profits
So what did they do with that $1 trillion... bury it the back yard or hide it in their mattresses?
What do you think they did? OH yea... they paid the $1 trillion to corporate Execs.! Yea that's it.
OK did these execs bury it in the back yard or hide it in their mattresses?
The point is you idiots that don't understand how money buried in the backyard or hidden in the mattresses doesn't do anything...much less for those that buried or hidden the money!
So what happens?
I'd be happy to explain but you idiots probably haven't read down this far as it is with your 30 second attention span!
Some things that may have happened to that $1 trillion and the savings in corporate taxes.
A) Manufacturers built more factories, hired more people, bought more goods and services.
B) Companies invested in start-up companies taking greater risks because they had more money to risk!
All in all $1 trillion brought back was almost all re-invested and not as you dummies think buried in the back yard or hidden!

How many times have you read/heard Democrats/progressives complain about how corporations are evil. That businesses only interest in profit. That they should be taxed more. Dummy Joe Biden will on Wednesday propose a tax strategy that would increase the U.S. corporate tax rate to 28% from 21%
  • Former President Donald Trump’s signature tax law, the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, cut taxes for most Americans. Its benefits went mostly to the rich.

Well for one thing they brought back from offshore where THEY were not paying 28% taxes more than $1 trillion of overseas profits
So what did they do with that $1 trillion... bury it the back yard or hide it in their mattresses?
What do you think they did? OH yea... they paid the $1 trillion to corporate Execs.! Yea that's it.
The point is you idiots that don't understand how money buried in the backyard or hidden in the mattresses doesn't do anything...much less for those that buried or hidden the money!
So what happens?
I'd be happy to explain but you idiots probably haven't read down this far as it is with your 30 second attention span!
Some things that may have happened to that $1 trillion and the savings in corporate taxes.
A) Manufacturers built more factories, hired more people, bought more goods and services.
B) Companies invested in start-up companies taking greater risks because they had more money to risk!
All in all $1 trillion brought back was almost all re-invested and not as you dummies think buried in the back yard or hidden!
So far as I know, there were no spending cuts to offset the loss of taxes. That means that we, the taxpayers, borrowed money to give to those corporations and wealthy. Remind me what I got for my money?

So what happens?

I have tried to explain this for 5 years. Leftists are either really stupid, or they dont care to be confused with facts because ORANGE MAN BAD.

Your post is spot on. No resident lefties will take you on.

So what happens?
So far as I know, there were no spending cuts to offset the loss of taxes. That means that we, the taxpayers, borrowed money to give to those corporations and wealthy. Remind me what I got for my money?

The money my company saved with the tax cut was reinvested in the company with a massive hiring surge and a $2000 bonus for every employee and a boost in capital expenditure....creating thousands of jobs outside my company.

You dont understand corporate finance, do you?

Good gawd.

"The underlying logic for the TCJA was that allowing companies to keep a greater share of profits, would stimulate investments in long term growth. Instead, the dominant company response to the TCJA was stock buybacks. For the first three quarters of 2018, buybacks were $583.4 billion (up up 52.6% from 2017). In contrast, aggregate capital investment increased 8.8% over 2017, while R&D investment growth at US public companies increased 12.5% over 2017 growth."

I'm all for keeping corporate taxes down. But the least we can do is be informed about the facts. Arrogant ignorance is no way to approach an issue. As with capitalism itself, corporate tax cuts have to come with controls, and this was a perfect example.

Last edited:

So what happens?
but then again youve never been very bright,,
we can start with foreign aid to countries that hate us and our human rights,,,

So what happens?

The money my company saved with the tax cut was reinvested in the company with a massive hiring surge and a $2000 bonus for every employee and a boost in capital expenditure....creating thousands of jobs outside my company.

You dont understand corporate finance, do you?
I'm not the only one:
A New Congressional Study Finds Little Economic Benefit From The 2017 Tax Cuts

So now you want to close the barn door and you say I'm not very bright?

See, leftists cannot have a conversation about any of this past the bumper sticker logo point.

If they had any fucking brains, they would be conservatives.

Ive always wanted to close that door,,

youre just mad I proved you wrong,,,

So what happens?
Every single reputable study has shown these tax cuts didn’t pay for themselves. It already been pointed to that the profits went to share buybacks effectively increasing the wealth of the wealthy with virtually zippo driving spending. An OP calling people dumb then face planting on the diving board isn’t a good look.

What we need are higher taxes and tax sheltering of profits from overseas regulated. Too many international companies avoid taxes.

So what happens?
This is how Corporations spent their tax windfall and I have never heard anyone call Corporations "evil":
  • "Corporations are spending 154 times as much on stock buybacks as they are spending on workers’ bonuses and wages. Authorizations for stock buybacks, which overwhelmingly benefit the wealthy, have increased by $1 trillion since the tax law was passed, while workers are getting $7.1 billion in one-time bonuses and wage increases.
    • The richest 1% own 40% of all stock; the richest 10% own 84%. [National Bureau of Economic Research/Washington Post] Stock buybacks waste money that could be used for useful investments, creating jobs and higher pay.
  • A total of 238,290 private-sector job cuts have been announced at 361 companies since the tax law was passed by Congress. [Job cuts spreadsheet] The actual job-loss total is higher, but some big companies, including Amazon and Wells Fargo, have not offered precise figures in their layoff announcements."
  • You have no clue.

I missed your proof, what was I wrong about? Were there spending cuts to offset the loss of taxes?

I missed your proof, what was I wrong about? Were there spending cuts to offset the loss of taxes?
you have taxs backwards,, they spend what they take in, not ask for more when they spend to much,,,

and are you saying spending cuts wont happen if we stop foreign aid to countries that dont like us??

you have taxs backwards,, they spend what they take in, not ask for more when they spend to much,,,

and are you saying spending cuts wont happen if we stop foreign aid to countries that dont like us??
What are you talking about? Who is 'they' that 'spend what they take in'?

There are many ways to cut spending. Foreign aid is a very tiny piece of the pie.

there were no spending cuts to offset the loss of taxes.
I agree that we should cut spending.
That means that we, the taxpayers, borrowed money to give to those corporations and wealthy.
Cutting taxes is not "giving money" to anyone. It's "not taking" money from those who've earned it. You borrowed money to maintain government overspending, which was happening regardless of corporate tax rates.

there were no spending cuts to offset the loss of taxes.
I agree that we should cut spending.
That means that we, the taxpayers, borrowed money to give to those corporations and wealthy.
Cutting taxes is not "giving money" to anyone. It's "not taking" money from those who've earned it. You borrowed money to maintain government overspending, which was happening regardless of tax rates.
You’re wrong. We need to invest. It’s having a system where the top percent keeps a historical amount of its wealth while the bottom is drained of it to simply survive and the country still runs large deficits is the problem. Wealthy people get a humongous benefit living in the USA. They should pay for that benefit.

What are you talking about? Who is 'they' that 'spend what they take in'?

There are many ways to cut spending. Foreign aid is a very tiny piece of the pie.
who the fuck do you think they are???

and foreign aid is just a start and you said you didnt know of anyway to cut spending and now you have one,,

Forum List

Back