An even more awesome garage sale find

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
Among the neat shit I found today, was this little gem: It's an 1893 "The Protector" palm pistol, made by the Chicago Fire Arms Co. This little thing fired a 54-grain roundnose lead .32 caliber bullet propelled by black powder, at a whopping 600 feet per second, and holds seven rounds. Of course, the ammunition for it no longer exists. The left plate unscrews and the cylinder drops out to allow loading. It is fired by squeezing the handle on the back.

I bought it from a goober at a garage sale for $20. He thought it was a hand drill of some kind, but couldn't figure out how to use it. These are bringing anywhere from $1k to $3k in the collector's market.

pp1.jpg

pp2.jpg

pp3.jpg

pp4.jpg

pp5.jpg

pp6.jpg

pp7.jpg

pp8.jpg

That has gotta be one of the very greatest garage sale finds south of that gal who landed a genuine Jackson Pollack for $5.00! The guy likely thought it an oil dispenser....

That's a hell of a find!

I dug through several cans of ancient ammo I had, but didn't find any .32 extra short rimfire. I had several other length of .32 rimfire, but not the extra short.

Probably a good thing, I probably would have tried shooting it, just for shits and giggles.

You are like the king of garage sales. I never find anything except garages.

Forum List

Back