An ethical riddle..

Are you talking about what rights a creator has to control it's creation's actions, or what rights it has to determine their future?

Well, if it's a living creation, I'd say none, just like we have no right to what our children become.

I once heard a good riddle,

What is the difference between God and a Doctor,

God knows he is not a doctor.

What rights does a creator have over its creation?
A creator gives up his "rights"--i.e. an artists over his art; an architect/builder over the buildings he sells; a jeweler over her designs. Doesn't mean they stop loving what they created.

Free will...

Thy creator gave humanity this and once given it can no longer control our future but only guide us hoping humanity will take it path that the creator desires...

It is like when you create another being and wish that it will follow the examples and paths you have pointed out for it but in the end the young being has free will and it has choices to make that sometimes will not be in the future you envision...

So what rights does thy creator have over me?

None... Free Will...

It sounds like you need to so some reading by the Philosophers: Descartes, Aquinas, and Leibniz for starters.

This is a philosophical question alone since the various dozen major world religions are ALL silent on the issue.

God/Gods did not tell us much about Himself/Herself/Themselves.

They only sent inspired prophets and holy men to give us ethics and rules of life to follow:

- do not steal a life

- do not steal a wife

- do not steal someone's virtue

- do not steal someone's property

- do not steal the truth with lies and slander

- do not abuse the Earth or its animals

- be a light for an example

- be moderate in all things.

We do not know of the rights of God/Gods.

However Descartes proves logically that God is no Evil Genius.

Therefore God has no right to do evil, only good.

If a creator has imbued his or her creation with free will and self determination, none whatsoever.

I heard that God can do anything from diddle a virgin to destroy nations whenever he damn well pleases...
He / She / or They.

Miracles are fairly rare.

Milvian Bridge was a tremendous miracle in 312 A.D. It changed the Western World (outside of Asia).

Defeat of the Spanish Armada in 1588 was also a miracle -- 12 centuries later. It changed Europe.

Yorktown was a miracle in 1781. It changed the world outside of Asia.

Waterloo was a miracle in 1815. It saved Europe.

Gettysburg and Vicksburg as well as Shiloh were all miracles in 1863. It preserved American liberty and the Union.

Belleau Wood and the Marne were miracles in 1918. It defeated and destroyed the Kaiser and the Emperor of Austria-Hungary.

Midway and Normandy were miracles in 1942 and 1944, as were Stalingrad and Moscow. These saved the world from Tojo and Adolf.

Trump beating Hillary and saving the Supreme Court 1 week ago is also a miracle.

Miracles are few and far between.

If a creator has imbued his or her creation with free will and self determination, none whatsoever.

I heard that God can do anything from diddle a virgin to destroy nations whenever he damn well pleases...
He / She / or They.

Miracles are fairly rare.

Milvian Bridge was a tremendous miracle in 312 A.D. It changed the Western World (outside of Asia).

Defeat of the Spanish Armada in 1588 was also a miracle -- 12 centuries later. It changed Europe.

Yorktown was a miracle in 1781. It changed the world outside of Asia.

Waterloo was a miracle in 1815. It saved Europe.

Gettysburg and Vicksburg as well as Shiloh were all miracles in 1863. It preserved American liberty and the Union.

Belleau Wood and the Marne were miracles in 1918. It defeated and destroyed the Kaiser and the Emperor of Austria-Hungary.

Midway and Normandy were miracles in 1942 and 1944, as were Stalingrad and Moscow. These saved the world from Tojo and Adolf.

Trump beating Hillary and saving the Supreme Court 1 week ago is also a miracle.

Miracles are few and far between.

:cuckoo:

the Almighty is not necessarily the creator, they are the gatekeeper between good and evil preventing evil from eviscerating the Everlasting. admission is required, the price for free will.

Forum List

Back