An Apology to African Americans

LOIE

Gold Member
May 11, 2017
AN APOLOGY TO AFRICAN AMERICANS – LONG OVERDUE

I couldn’t focus at work today. My mind kept taking me back to Charlottesville.

I kept seeing the hate in the eyes of the KKK, White Supremacists and Neo-Nazi protesters.

I kept hearing the voices of those who vowed to “take their country back” and rid it of all diversity and unity.

In my heart, I can find no other response but to apologize – for their hatred, for their violence, for their total ignorance of who you really are.

I am a white woman who has been married to a black man for 37 years.

I KNOW you are wonderful. I KNOW you are spiritual. I KNOW you are warm, loving and forgiving. I KNOW you deserve better. I KNOW you deserve an apology.

An apology from our nation, from our leaders and from every white person who has never spoken up against racism and the way you have been treated in this United States of America.

As one individual, I do apologize. Right here. Right now.

It may not help a lot. It may not change the course of history. It may not even make a crack in the wall that divides us. But still – I APOLOGIZE.

Delores Paulk

As a moderate white guy that abhors racists, has hired many black people and minorities, and has lectured at an HBU, let me say that I do not apologize for the racist lowlifes in Charlottesville. I, and the rest of civil, non-slime white Americans, have nothing to do with these scum.

Apologizing for things I and we haven't done is pointless and implies guilt by association. Instead, rather than empty apologies, the best thing for civil, non-slime white Americans to do is to hold a light up to these losers and denounce them for who they are.

Last edited:

I kept seeing the hate in the eyes of the KKK, White Supremacists and Neo-Nazi protesters.

I kept hearing the voices of those who vowed to “take their country back” and rid it of all diversity and unity.

In my heart, I can find no other response but to apologize – for their hatred, for their violence, for their total ignorance of who you really are.

I KNOW you are wonderful. I KNOW you are spiritual. I KNOW you are warm, loving and forgiving. I KNOW you deserve better. I KNOW you deserve an apology.

An apology from our nation, from our leaders and from every white person who has never spoken up against racism and the way you have been treated in this United States of America.

It may not help a lot. It may not change the course of history. It may not even make a crack in the wall that divides us. But still – I APOLOGIZE.

Delores Paulk
I got over this attitude 30 years ago.

As a moderate white guy that abhors racists, has hired many black people and minorities, and has lectured at an HBU, let me say that I do not apologize for the racist lowlifes in Charlottesville. I, and the rest of civil, non-slime white Americans, have nothing to do with these scum.

Apologizing for things I and we haven't done is pointless and implies guilt by association. Instead, rather than empty apologies, the best thing for civil, non-slime white Americans is to hold a light up to these losers and denounce them for who they are.
I don't hire people because of their skin color.

Delores Paulk
Just to be clear... The above poster speaks only for herself... I have nothing to apologize for.

Apologizing for things I and we haven't done is pointless and implies guilt by association. Instead, rather than empty apologies, the best thing for civil, non-slime white Americans is to hold a light up to these losers and denounce them for who they are.
I don't hire people because of their skin color.

I don't either.

Delores Paulk
Why are you apologizing for something that wasn't your fault? I abhor the KKK, White Supremacists and Neo-Nazis too, but I certainly am not responsible for their behavior anymore than all blacks are responsible for other blacks behavior.

The apology itself is a dividing force.
It reinforces the victimization of blacks, and it reinforces the lack of self criticism that the black race so desperately needs. As long as you can blame someone else for your behavior - you are never going to change and the black race will forever be plagued by a self defeating culture.

These backwoods KKK white trash are such a small percentage of whites that it is nothing but stupidity to consider their opinions as representation of anyone but the handful of idiots they are.

Delores Paulk
Don't apologize to the n*ggers ever. They were much better off as slaves, race traitor.

Black people need to get over the perpetual victim mentality and take that chip off their shoulder.

I'm sick of hearing about their great, great, grandpappy and mammy being slaves, and how I'm somehow responsible.

Black people, get a grip and get a life. .... :cool:

It is a bit confusing. The outrage over the statues. History proves that the Black Americans that seem angry over them are just as likely to be the descendants of African Slave Merchants as they are to be descendants of Slaves.

But where the hell is the discussion of that fact.

It's non existent

It is a bit confusing. The outrage over the statues. History proves that the Black Americans that seem angry over them are just as likely to be the descendants of African Slave Merchants as they are to be descendants of Slaves.

It's non existent

Really... Source? Or are you just creating something based out of thin air to support your racist leanings while trying to hide them?

I see 4 million black slaves in the US at the time of the Civil war. Are you saying that there was another 4 million immigrants who participated in the slave trade?

And are you also saying that only descendants of slaves can be upset about people that fought the USA to preserve slavery?

It's non existent

Really... Source? Or are you just creating something based out of thin air to support your racist leanings while trying to hide them?

I see 4 million black slaves in the US at the time of the Civil war. Are you saying that there was another 4 million immigrants who participated in the slave trade?

And are you also saying that only descendants of slaves can be upset about people that fought the USA to preserve slavery?

Did you attend school at all?

It's non existent

Are you nuts?

Do your own research. Might want to check wiki for an easy read.

You think it would not take one helluva lot of infrastructure and labor to supply 4 million to the market?

You are nuts Son

I'm not making the claim you are. If you have no proof of that claim, let me know. But you are right it did take a LOT of infrastructure and labor.

Granted there's lots of studies, like the trans atlantic slave database showing that less than 400k slaves actually came to the US from Africa. Unlike the Caribbean and South America, in the US the overwhelming majority of slaves in the US were born in the US.

Now your turn. Feel free to use facts instead of name calling this time. It supports your argument instead of tears it down.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back