An American Tragedy

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
An American Tragedy

The election of Donald Trump to the Presidency is nothing less than a tragedy for the American republic, a tragedy for the Constitution, and a triumph for the forces, at home and abroad, of nativism, authoritarianism, misogyny, and racism. Trump’s shocking victory, his ascension to the Presidency, is a sickening event in the history of the United States and liberal democracy. On January 20, 2017, we will bid farewell to the first African-American President—a man of integrity, dignity, and generous spirit—and witness the inauguration of a con who did little to spurn endorsement by forces of xenophobia and white supremacy. It is impossible to react to this moment with anything less than revulsion and profound anxiety

Presidential Election 2016: An American Tragedy

A Tragedy that has is about to start. You think your smart, and yet he fooled you all. He is the disaster. We will become a third world country, he will get rid of the inner city blacks and make them into elite urban areas, the poor, black or white, will be waiting on the elites, or will be out in the farmlands working like pheasants or in the coal mines, oil refineries, working for mim wage.

Every see the doc on HBO, Class Divide. You should watch if if you can.

An American Tragedy

The election of Donald Trump to the Presidency is nothing less than a tragedy for the American republic, a tragedy for the Constitution, and a triumph for the forces, at home and abroad, of nativism, authoritarianism, misogyny, and racism. Trump’s shocking victory, his ascension to the Presidency, is a sickening event in the history of the United States and liberal democracy. On January 20, 2017, we will bid farewell to the first African-American President—a man of integrity, dignity, and generous spirit—and witness the inauguration of a con who did little to spurn endorsement by forces of xenophobia and white supremacy. It is impossible to react to this moment with anything less than revulsion and profound anxiety

A Tragedy that has is about to start. You think your smart, and yet he fooled you all. He is the disaster. We will become a third world country, he will get rid of the inner city blacks and make them into elite urban areas, the poor, black or white, will be waiting on the elites, or will be out in the farmlands working like pheasants or in the coal mines, oil refineries, working for mim wage.

I have no idea how a pheasant works. Could you explain?

OMG! I never thought when I voted for Trump that he would use pheasant labor. That is just a freaking American tradgedy. Shit.

Waaah! My candidate lost so I must lash out against the candidate who won and the people who voted for him. It won't make me feel better, just superior. That works for me!

Again, most of us whom voted for him have been watching Trump since the 80s. He's been talking off and on about what is wrong with the country for almost 30 years; a lot of it the same shit, trade imbalances, etc. Not worried too much given his dedication to success.

Right got me there, they will be using the peasants for shooting practice.

A prognosticator I see.

Where we're those fortune telling skills when you told us Trump would lose?

IMG_0950.JPG

Save the poor pheasant from a life in the fields. Come on America.

Actually Trump isn't particular on hunting. He actually (used to, haven't heard about it for ages) collect endangered birds. They had rooms in one of his hotels that the birds stayed with special guests (flying around the room and everything - made for quite the reviews.) Anyway, I highly doubt he'd go peasant hunting. More likely to sit at home and hang out with his family actually.

A prognosticator I see.

I didn't believe him when he said the elections were rigged. He also lost the maj vote.

An American Tragedy

Mount-Fuji-Tissue-Box-Holder.jpg

An American Tragedy

Extremely glad, Penny, you feel the way you do.

An American Tragedy

Thanks! That was hilarious. Keep em coming!

An American Tragedy

I have no idea how a pheasant works. Could you explain?
come-at-me-small11.jpg

A prognosticator I see.

I didn't believe him when he said the elections were rigged. He also lost the maj vote.
Anytime someone brings up he didn't get the majority vote, you do know that they sound like an idiot, right?

It makes you sound like you don't understand how the Republic and the Great Compromise work. It's like you don't give a shit about folks that live in rural areas, and the only places in the nation that matter to you, are places with high population density. So the issues that are important to small towns shouldn't matter, mob rule, and all that? The principles of Republican democracy, fuck all that? As long as you get what you want, right?

A prognosticator I see.

Anytime someone brings up he didn't get the majority vote, you do know that they sound like an idiot, right?

It makes you sound like you don't understand how the Republic and the Great Compromise work. It's like you don't give a shit about folks that live in rural areas, and the only places in the nation that matter to you, are places with high population density. So the issues that are important to small towns shouldn't matter, mob rule, and all that? The principles of Republican democracy, fuck all that? As long as you get what you want, right?

The electoral college needs to be done away with. The election was rigged. The GOP is not a democracy.

A prognosticator I see.

The electoral college needs to be done away with. The election was rigged. The GOP is not a democracy.
A few days ago the libs were bashing us righties that Hillary had the EC in her hands and it was hopeless for Trump. Now it needs to be tossed out? Good luck with that. No, the GOP isn't democracy, it's a political party in a republican democracy. Controlling the WH, the House and Senate right now, and most of the governor's offices. We also heard many times how no one votes Republican anymore so I guess they rigged it pretty good.

Forum List

Back